PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Help!!... Wtf Is Error 201: Cant Get Device Datta Error.. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=14245)

b16daddy 12-20-2007 06:34 AM

Help!!... Wtf Is Error 201: Cant Get Device Datta Error..

I just received a replacement from verizon .. Im trying to upgrade to WM6 using Helmi_C's Kitchen... ( I've used the kitchen numerous of times on my old 6700.. woeked fine) ... This time everything ran fine.. until RUU starts to update the device...
when it get to the part when the RUU scans to get information on the device.. I Keep getting ERROR 201: CAN'T GET DEVICE DATA ERROR...

WHAT THE F***K... I've done this many many times.. did verizon so something to prevent the upgrade?

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!...

PS.. I HAVE DOWNLOADED AND REINSTALLED VZW AKU 3.3.. RUU RAN FINE.. BUT WHEN I TRIED INSTALLING TH WM6 INSTALLER OR THE KITCHEN.. I KEEP GETTING THE SAME F****ING MESSAGE....

bobonit 12-20-2007 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b16daddy (Post 146145)
I just received a replacement from verizon .. Im trying to upgrade to WM6 using Helmi_C's Kitchen... ( I've used the kitchen numerous of times on my old 6700.. woeked fine) ... This time everything ran fine.. until RUU starts to update the device...
when it get to the part when the RUU scans to get information on the device.. I Keep getting ERROR 201: CAN'T GET DEVICE DATA ERROR...

Your phone probably has a newer bootloader. Put your phone into bootloader mode and see what version you have. Then make sure you choose the proper RUU version in PPC-BuildOS "Standard", NoID, or X.04+"

b16daddy 12-21-2007 12:49 AM

yeah.. i checked that.. its says V1.04

bobonit 12-21-2007 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b16daddy (Post 146685)
yeah.. i checked that.. its says V1.04

What option are you selecting for RUU type? You should use X.04+. Try that and see if it works.

b16daddy 12-21-2007 03:44 AM

no.. I've tried all three... SAME F***ING MESSAGE...

any other trouble shooting techniuqe anyone know of?

TMB_XV6700 12-21-2007 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b16daddy (Post 146744)
no.. I've tried all three... SAME F***ING MESSAGE...

any other trouble shooting techniuqe anyone know of?

Since you've been doing this for a while, I would assume you've already done the standard checks: sync connection (USB port, cable, XP/Vista drivers); phone in bootloader before connection; x.04+ RUU folder; etc.
Not sure if it's real, but there seem to be a lot of problems lately flashing specifically with BL 1.04. If all else fails, you might try "downgrading" the bootloader version to 1.02 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=7820), but it's not clear that that would have any effect on your error 201. I would also check out a partial supercid hack. Other than this, I've got nothin'. Good luck, tmb

kyppcgeek 12-24-2007 10:48 AM

You will need to flash the phone back to factory 3.3
I had to do this twice before I was able to get the latest kitchen to install on my new phone. kinda sucked, but whatever.

JayBietz 12-24-2007 03:44 PM

I'm having the same issues with my XV6700 and the latest Kitchen release as b16fdaddy -- how / where is the factory 3.3 install code?

thanks
Jay

texasmike 12-24-2007 10:48 PM

Me too but with sprint

I am getting same error problems with sprint ppc-6700. I have been trying different variation Diff. peoples rom) and they don't seem to work either. I have version 2.04 Bootloader, and kitchen did PPC-BuildOS "Standard", NoID, or X.04+" all three and nothing. the only version that will install is the very first win mob 6 R0 release that I think helmi made.

nbohmer 12-24-2007 11:04 PM

I had similiar problems and one issue that I think caused it for me was not enough charge in the battery.

I could be completely wrong because I am relatively new to this but after charging for a while and coming back it worked fine.

I only had the problem when I tried upgrading right out of the box without a substantial charge.