PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2007, 01:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung
Carrier: VZW

Sarge, USMC is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
Your battery must be dead.
hehhehe no, that ain't it.

I'm still looking for some input on the networking issue I have after upgrading here. I am unable to map any of the shared folders to my device from any of the computers in the network.

I'll try it with the work network on Wednesday when I go back to work, but I don't expect it's gonna work there either.
Old 12-31-2007, 02:53 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc hermes

jbaby445 is a n00b
i tried to flash a rom to my 8525 now it wont get past the windows screen... wont go to screen allignment after first boot its just stuck please help!
Old 12-31-2007, 02:54 AM
Lurker

jbaby445 is a n00b
Exclamation flashed rom on my 8525 now im stuck

i tried to flash a rom to my 8525 now it wont get past the windows screen... wont go to screen allignment after first boot its just stuck please help!
Old 12-31-2007, 09:13 AM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g
Carrier: Sprint

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbaby445 View Post
Flash it with a Hermes/8525 ROM, not an Apache ROM.

Old 12-31-2007, 09:16 AM
Lurker

jbaby445 is a n00b
i cant get it back to the tricolor bootloader screen it wont active sync
Old 12-31-2007, 10:24 AM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge, USMC View Post
hehhehe no, that ain't it.

I'm still looking for some input on the networking issue I have after upgrading here. I am unable to map any of the shared folders to my device from any of the computers in the network.

I'll try it with the work network on Wednesday when I go back to work, but I don't expect it's gonna work there either.
On your screen when you say the backlight won't come on, if you hold a light to the screen can you see the today screen in the background. If so you probably just held your power too long. A short tap on the power button suspends the device, however, if you hold it down for a few seconds it turns off the backlight without suspending the device. I suspect this is your issue. Sorry still no help from me on the network.

Feel free to if choose to do so.
My ROM for Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular and Cricket 20931 Base!!

The THANKS button is over there------------------------------------------------>
Old 12-31-2007, 11:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Copy that.....thank you.
Old 12-31-2007, 01:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

TMB_XV6700 is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge, USMC View Post
Copy that.....thank you.
Sarge,
1. Aside from the power-button hold noted by Ga-Medic, the battery-backlight setting on the device occasionally hiccups. It's not clearly tied to any particular rom or software installation, although it seems to me to happen less on WM6 than on WM5. [I've noticed it lately while soft-resetting with a cheap (ebay generic) battery.] It doesn't get posted about much; makes me wonder if the hiccup just drops the setting one notch, not enough to be noticed by anyone except those running at level 1. [Edit: Solution, under a strong light, start/settings/system/backlight -> bump the level on battery ops up again.]

In addition, HTC Home includes a backlight control that can cause apparently similar behavior if you are new to it. [One of the many reasons I dumped HTCH.]

2. The Network Folder plugin you are referring to is not part of the kitchen, so it's not a kitchen bug. Be advised that if you included helmi's improved file explorer in your rom build, this is not the standard WM6 explorer, so a standard plug-in might not work.

Last edited by TMB_XV6700; 12-31-2007 at 01:18 PM.
Old 12-31-2007, 01:17 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Verizon Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

smo1a is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Patriot View Post
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Music Plug-In\MusicPlayer\

Change from 1 to 2 and soft reset.

Thanks so much! That was driving me nuts, lol.
Old 12-31-2007, 02:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMB_XV6700 View Post

2. The Network Folder plugin you are referring to is not part of the kitchen, so it's not a kitchen bug. Be advised that if you included helmi's improved file explorer in your rom build, this is not the standard WM6 explorer, so a standard plug-in might not work.
Thanks TMB....I can't dump HTC yet.... I like the GUI. I didn't cook in GSFinder+.....maybe I should try it. I was loooking at the homepage for it. It says, "Network Folder Display Setup, ( registry change.) So now I guess I need to ask what would that registry change need to be to activate or enable that functionality? The plugin obviously ain't workin' w/WM6.

Last edited by Sarge, USMC; 12-31-2007 at 02:38 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development