PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2007, 05:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

LadySaat is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to LadySaat Send a message via Skype™ to LadySaat
OEM help and CAB help

Okay it's super late, I'm super tired, and I am ready to go kill someone at Sprint with that damn 6800 they gave my hubby for his broken 6700.

1) how do I make OEM's? I want to cook my own ROM with a few proggys in it already that take up alot of space on the outside.

2) how do I make a cab file? I want one that installs all my reg. keys and crap and then puts my registered MSVC 1.6 exe into the right folder so the thing just works right from the get go and no uninstall/reinstall/smack the PC with a hammer routine.

The OEM's I want to make are WA3 ( i know it updates often or what not, for a sig. update I'd just re OEM it and reflash) WAD, PI or Agenda Fusion 8 (don't which I like better yet if at all those two) and my sudoku game and my print program.

I searched and did come up with that oemizer thingy.. but that doesn't seem like what I want to do?
Old 12-17-2007, 09:05 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadySaat View Post
Okay it's super late, I'm super tired, and I am ready to go kill someone at Sprint with that damn 6800 they gave my hubby for his broken 6700.

1) how do I make OEM's? I want to cook my own ROM with a few proggys in it already that take up alot of space on the outside.

2) how do I make a cab file? I want one that installs all my reg. keys and crap and then puts my registered MSVC 1.6 exe into the right folder so the thing just works right from the get go and no uninstall/reinstall/smack the PC with a hammer routine.

The OEM's I want to make are WA3 ( i know it updates often or what not, for a sig. update I'd just re OEM it and reflash) WAD, PI or Agenda Fusion 8 (don't which I like better yet if at all those two) and my sudoku game and my print program.

I searched and did come up with that oemizer thingy.. but that doesn't seem like what I want to do?
The personal OEMizer from Tiermann is what I use. It makes creating an OEM almost foolproof, and thats alot considering my luck! For created CABs you can purchase WinCE Cab Mgr. Its $99 but is very powerful in taking a CAB and getting it in shape for an OEM, and vice versa. Be aware it takes some getting used to in order to get something out of it that is complex.

If you need help with either PM me and I would be happy to help as best as I can.

Thanks,
Steve
Old 12-17-2007, 09:43 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800 Titan (on Sprint) / PPC6700 (Sprint) Apache / Sprint Touch
Carrier: Sprint

tiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to tiermann Send a message via Yahoo to tiermann
One of the problems you're going to run into with making an OEM out of WA3 and WAD are the themes for it. By default they're in a subdirectory of the program folder so you'll have to edit the theme file itself and also rename all images and sounds to a more friendly name like WA_whatever.png so that they don't overwrite already existing files. Those two are better off in cab form. It's possible to OEM them, but it's a lot of manual work.

The copy of VoiceCommand in the kitchen is a true OEM version which is fully working. No reason to install yourself unless you're using a different language or accent.
It also includes the fix for bluetooth announce.

Also, you can easily make an OEM with all your registry settings using OEMizer. No need to cab it.
Old 12-18-2007, 04:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile
Threadstarter

LadySaat is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to LadySaat Send a message via Skype™ to LadySaat
Okay. I am going to have to read up alot more on OEM's and such, I still am totally confused as to how I'd make one. Guess that is a really good signal I probably shouldn't be trying LOL!
Old 12-18-2007, 07:35 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadySaat View Post
Okay. I am going to have to read up alot more on OEM's and such, I still am totally confused as to how I'd make one. Guess that is a really good signal I probably shouldn't be trying LOL!
Its fairly easy...I would say go through the sticky in the Apache area for OEMizer. I have found new ways to use this program to make my OEM life soo much easier. I love having all my personal settings in an OEM, so each time I want to flash my 6700 I dont have to key in all the little nuances that make my phone mine!

Steve
Old 01-05-2008, 08:09 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Treo 700w -> XV6800 -> HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Maverick_TN is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to Maverick_TN Send a message via AIM to Maverick_TN Send a message via Yahoo to Maverick_TN
I'm trying to make a OEM out of WA3 v3.1.0.5 WM6

Some features seem to work ok, but when I bring up the settings screen there is no text visable.

Some text in my menus aren't available either.

Could this be a font problem?

Update: Just cought something as I was reading through the file list, I think english.txt needs to be renamed to language.txt. I'm trying that now.
Well, that wasn't it... I'm still working on it.

Update: I have a working OEM for WA3 now its added to this post along with S2U2 0.96

Last edited by Maverick_TN; 01-06-2008 at 05:52 AM.
Old 01-05-2008, 09:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia II
Carrier: Bell Mobility

sportster44 is just getting started
Had the same problem with WA3 in the OEM.
Took it out and all was fine. I think WA# doesn't like being OEM'd.
Old 01-05-2008, 09:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

BTW, Can some kind soul point me in th direction of the idiot"s guide for the OEMizer?

Trying to understand how to create some form of setting or reg entry that will register my proggies. Also trying to figure a way around the error message about can't run a program when it's in the OEM due to a component missing or not trusted....
Old 01-05-2008, 09:59 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Idiot's guide for the OEMizer...that would be Tiermann

He made a help file for it recently. Have you checked the OEMizer thread?

component missing/not trusted...sounds like you have setup.dll problems. Those are beyond OEMizer, last I heard. In the kitchen is a tutorial by JBabey that deals with how to construct easy to moderate difficulty OEMs. If you're having setup.dll problems, you're deep into advanced material. Search for a thread by me about DLLInvoker - maybe it'll help you.
Old 01-07-2008, 10:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Searched here and Googled DLLinvoker. didn't come up with anything other than a mention.

Got any ideas on where or who to turn to for the advanced course?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development