PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   OEM help and CAB help (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=14018)

LadySaat 12-17-2007 05:43 AM

OEM help and CAB help

Okay it's super late, I'm super tired, and I am ready to go kill someone at Sprint with that damn 6800 they gave my hubby for his broken 6700.

1) how do I make OEM's? I want to cook my own ROM with a few proggys in it already that take up alot of space on the outside.

2) how do I make a cab file? I want one that installs all my reg. keys and crap and then puts my registered MSVC 1.6 exe into the right folder so the thing just works right from the get go and no uninstall/reinstall/smack the PC with a hammer routine.

The OEM's I want to make are WA3 ( i know it updates often or what not, for a sig. update I'd just re OEM it and reflash) WAD, PI or Agenda Fusion 8 (don't which I like better yet if at all those two) and my sudoku game and my print program.

I searched and did come up with that oemizer thingy.. but that doesn't seem like what I want to do?

spetrillo 12-17-2007 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadySaat (Post 144129)
Okay it's super late, I'm super tired, and I am ready to go kill someone at Sprint with that damn 6800 they gave my hubby for his broken 6700.

1) how do I make OEM's? I want to cook my own ROM with a few proggys in it already that take up alot of space on the outside.

2) how do I make a cab file? I want one that installs all my reg. keys and crap and then puts my registered MSVC 1.6 exe into the right folder so the thing just works right from the get go and no uninstall/reinstall/smack the PC with a hammer routine.

The OEM's I want to make are WA3 ( i know it updates often or what not, for a sig. update I'd just re OEM it and reflash) WAD, PI or Agenda Fusion 8 (don't which I like better yet if at all those two) and my sudoku game and my print program.

I searched and did come up with that oemizer thingy.. but that doesn't seem like what I want to do?

The personal OEMizer from Tiermann is what I use. It makes creating an OEM almost foolproof, and thats alot considering my luck! For created CABs you can purchase WinCE Cab Mgr. Its $99 but is very powerful in taking a CAB and getting it in shape for an OEM, and vice versa. Be aware it takes some getting used to in order to get something out of it that is complex.

If you need help with either PM me and I would be happy to help as best as I can.

Thanks,
Steve

tiermann 12-17-2007 09:43 AM

One of the problems you're going to run into with making an OEM out of WA3 and WAD are the themes for it. By default they're in a subdirectory of the program folder so you'll have to edit the theme file itself and also rename all images and sounds to a more friendly name like WA_whatever.png so that they don't overwrite already existing files. Those two are better off in cab form. It's possible to OEM them, but it's a lot of manual work.

The copy of VoiceCommand in the kitchen is a true OEM version which is fully working. No reason to install yourself unless you're using a different language or accent.
It also includes the fix for bluetooth announce.

Also, you can easily make an OEM with all your registry settings using OEMizer. No need to cab it.

LadySaat 12-18-2007 04:15 AM

Okay. I am going to have to read up alot more on OEM's and such, I still am totally confused as to how I'd make one. Guess that is a really good signal I probably shouldn't be trying LOL!

spetrillo 12-18-2007 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadySaat (Post 144813)
Okay. I am going to have to read up alot more on OEM's and such, I still am totally confused as to how I'd make one. Guess that is a really good signal I probably shouldn't be trying LOL!

Its fairly easy...I would say go through the sticky in the Apache area for OEMizer. I have found new ways to use this program to make my OEM life soo much easier. I love having all my personal settings in an OEM, so each time I want to flash my 6700 I dont have to key in all the little nuances that make my phone mine!

Steve

Maverick_TN 01-05-2008 08:09 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I'm trying to make a OEM out of WA3 v3.1.0.5 WM6

Some features seem to work ok, but when I bring up the settings screen there is no text visable.

Some text in my menus aren't available either.

Could this be a font problem?

Update: Just cought something as I was reading through the file list, I think english.txt needs to be renamed to language.txt. I'm trying that now.
Well, that wasn't it... I'm still working on it.

Update: I have a working OEM for WA3 now its added to this post along with S2U2 0.96

sportster44 01-05-2008 09:15 PM

Had the same problem with WA3 in the OEM.
Took it out and all was fine. I think WA# doesn't like being OEM'd.

sportster44 01-05-2008 09:18 PM

BTW, Can some kind soul point me in th direction of the idiot"s guide for the OEMizer?

Trying to understand how to create some form of setting or reg entry that will register my proggies. Also trying to figure a way around the error message about can't run a program when it's in the OEM due to a component missing or not trusted....

gguruusa 01-05-2008 09:59 PM

Idiot's guide for the OEMizer...that would be Tiermann :-)

He made a help file for it recently. Have you checked the OEMizer thread?

component missing/not trusted...sounds like you have setup.dll problems. Those are beyond OEMizer, last I heard. In the kitchen is a tutorial by JBabey that deals with how to construct easy to moderate difficulty OEMs. If you're having setup.dll problems, you're deep into advanced material. Search for a thread by me about DLLInvoker - maybe it'll help you.

sportster44 01-07-2008 10:09 PM

Searched here and Googled DLLinvoker. didn't come up with anything other than a mention.

Got any ideas on where or who to turn to for the advanced course?