PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2007, 10:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc6700

stensonb is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Pardon my noobness...

but, I'm looking to purchase a PPC6700 because of the hard work you all have put into keeping the software up to date...congrats on a job that looks exceptionally well done.

I'm wondering, if I purchase a 6700 on eBay which was used on the Verizon network, once I flash it with a custom ROM (using Helmi's kitchen) for Sprint, will it work?

I imagine it probably will, but I wanted to be sure before I plunck down some money on a device I can't use with my carrier.

Thanks!

Bryan
Old 12-12-2007, 11:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Eris
Carrier: Verizon

Spencer_Moore is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSpencer_Moore is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSpencer_Moore is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Spencer_Moore
no the esn will not work on another carrier...according to them they will not activate it for you....to make it work some completely illegal stuff must be done...a rom image does not change esn or make it work....the carrier esn is deeper in the phone
Old 12-12-2007, 11:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro
Carrier: sprint

troubledrican is a n00b
I am putting my ppc6700 up for sale with wm6 ,2 home chargers ,1 car charger , 3 regular batteries ,one extended battery and a holster. this comes with wm6 htc performance wich puts the processor at 520mhz instead of 416mhz. also has voice over ip software . also usb sync cable too. let me know if youre interested im askin 300. shoot me an email at troubledrican@yahoo.com
Old 12-12-2007, 11:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

KidGixxer is keeping up the good workKidGixxer is keeping up the good work
From what i have read. Sprint will only connect the ppc6700 (Silver) and Verizon will only connect the xv6700 (Black).

I have heard story's of people complaining and/or knowing someone at Sprint/Verizon that would connect it for them.

Just search ebay for ppc6700 then select "Price + Shipping Highest First" from the drop down menu.
Scroll down a bit and you will see a bunch of sprint models ranging from $150 - $250

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development