PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2007, 06:30 PM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
There always seem to be a few people that feel the need to screw things up for everyone else by trying to turn a dime off of someone else's labor.

Much of the software items in the kitchen are free for personal use. Many are NOT free for commercial use. DO NOT SELL THE KITCHEN, THE TOOLS DISTRIBUTED WITH THE KITCHEN, OR ROMs MADE FROM IT. You WILL be in violation of numerous copyrights.

I can't speak for all the copyright holders, but I know Microsoft and I pursue copyright infringement aggressively.
I guess this is just one example of what you are talking about.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Windows-Mobile-6...QQcmdZViewItem

Feel free to if choose to do so.
My ROM for Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular and Cricket 20931 Base!!

The THANKS button is over there------------------------------------------------>
Old 12-25-2007, 06:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Super Delux Windoz9 6800+
Carrier: SARS, Avian Flu, Scabies

canospinach is keeping up the good workcanospinach is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to canospinach
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=11452

Here is a thread we have which is discussing this same topic. I posted the ebay process for IProp infringement and I have A_C ready to file the claim for his software.

**IF YOU ARE A DEVELOPER WHO IS HAVING YOUR WORK STOLEN AND SOLD ON EBAY PLEASE READ THE LINK AND FILL OUT THE FORM**

I continue to file reports daily with ebay, please assist me and do the same.
Old 12-25-2007, 06:44 PM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Nice work cano. Just thought this topic need a little more exposure. I think it is a real shame.
Old 12-25-2007, 06:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Super Delux Windoz9 6800+
Carrier: SARS, Avian Flu, Scabies

canospinach is keeping up the good workcanospinach is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to canospinach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ga. Medic View Post
Nice work cano. Just thought this topic need a little more exposure. I think it is a real shame.
FYI, that guy you linked to has been reported several times (i report him daily).

When i got formal advice i was instructed the best course of action is to get as many individuals continually reporting so that via shear volume it becomes apparent to ebay (also annoying) which hopefully influences some sort of action.

I have successfully had listings removed thus far (not all, some).

Dont get me wrong i support an ebayers desire to generate revenue, just not at the expense of other peoples so very hard work with no regard to credit financial or otherwise (can i outright say stealing?).

Thank you for your compliment
Old 03-09-2008, 02:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: verizion

aaronpoweruser is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to aaronpoweruser
Re: Copyright notice

here is a violation http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...id=p2759.l1259
Old 03-20-2008, 07:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

robmayer is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to robmayer Send a message via MSN to robmayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronpoweruser View Post
This is not a violation, he is selling the actual phone and one of his selling points is that it is upgraded to WM6, there is nothing wrong with this.

Last edited by robmayer; 03-20-2008 at 07:55 PM.
Old 03-20-2008, 07:42 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

The guy selling the iphone themes for ppc's on ebay was hilarious! He is selling the programs made here and then sending his customers to ppcgeeks for tech support.Lol!!! If I was one of the creators here and saw my work sold on ebay, I would be furious!
Old 03-20-2008, 07:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

robmayer is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to robmayer Send a message via MSN to robmayer

The iPhone theme was pretty funny, that I can understand. Some people are just blatant idiots. Who knows what else they try to cop off as theirs and try selling it.
Old 03-21-2008, 12:01 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration
Threadstarter

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Sadly, it's the e-bay scammers that are the cause of the forced login and donation screens.
Old 03-31-2008, 08:42 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: UTstarcomm PPC6700
Carrier: Sprint

lschweiss is a n00b

This is probably a never ending battle. As a new comer to the PPC world, I bought a used 6700 on eBay. When searching for a PPC I also came across the $10 upgrade to WM 6.0 offers. At the time I didn't have any idea where the upgrades came from, but I had an idea that they were available free somewhere, because no Microsoft upgrade is ever that cheap. I went Googling and found this wonderful site.

I can definitely see how people unaware of where this stuff comes from would buy the upgrades on eBay. On thought that went through my head was, is it worth my time hunting to save $10. I have a strong embedded device background on other platforms, so I went hunting. I'm sure many novice users will just fork out the $10 and never go looking.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development