PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2007, 03:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Tricom

Nehemoth is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Nehemoth Send a message via Skype™ to Nehemoth
How To Guide and Others Question

First and foremore really thank you for all your hard work.

I'm a noob to the scene so I have some questions.

I recently bought a XV6700 used from Ebay which came modified with the version 6 of Windows Mobile, which is cute.

I can see that the kitchen version has some updates which course I would like to get, but as I'm new I don't know how to change the OS.

I download it the Kitchen files, in the thread said that I should read the instructions but I could not find it, I searched the forum but I couldn't find anything except this thread Titan Flashing Guide

I don't know if that is the correct place to begin but still I need some advice here.

Other things are:

As I'm outside United States and of course my carrier is not listed, what carrier should I need to select, if I have to when I'd updating the PPC.

When I change the OS should I need to load the PRL again?.

If yes exist a tool to make backup/restore of my PRL?

The Record button in the one that has a tape symbol?.

I hope if I get the answers others noobs enjoy it.

Regards

Last edited by Nehemoth; 12-10-2007 at 04:48 PM.
Old 12-10-2007, 05:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

zenak is a n00b
Well the good news is you are looking at the right time - flashing couldn't be any easier. Download both the files linked to in the kitchen thread, run the Build OS install, and put the PPCGeeks_OEM.rar in the C:\Buildos folder. Double click on PPC-BuildOs Icon, pick your OEMs and click the play button.

I could be wrong, but if your carrier isn't list you just skip over that section.
Old 12-10-2007, 05:39 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Nehemoth is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenak View Post
Well the good news is you are looking at the right time - flashing couldn't be any easier. Download both the files linked to in the kitchen thread, run the Build OS install, and put the PPCGeeks_OEM.rar in the C:\Buildos folder. Double click on PPC-BuildOs Icon, pick your OEMs and click the play button.

I could be wrong, but if your carrier isn't list you just skip over that section.
It's no supposed that also I should reset in hard mode?

Right now I'm doing what are you are telling after I read the complete pdf file which came with this software.

I'm removing stuff, cause after hit the play button told me That I exceed the maximum size allowed.
Old 12-10-2007, 06:35 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Nehemoth is a n00b
Well I found the way to put it in bootloader mode..
(RECORD+POWER+RESET)
Record is the button with a cassette symbol.

But i received the next error :

Quote:
ERROR 120: COUNTRY ID ERROR 49-49-UUULc568-N-N

The ROM image that you are trying to use is not designed to work on your device.
Ok, I change the carrier to see if still could work, and Indeed it did it, so as I'm in Dominican Republic, I will need the info of how to change the country ID.

But I already learn how to do it today.

I don't have problem to try new things with this device as until now I couldn't synchronize with my PC (Windows XP SP3 beta) and Active Sync 4.5.

I don't if is my PC, I will try it in another one later.

Regards

PS.: don't forget the country info.
Old 12-10-2007, 07:20 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nehemoth View Post
Well I found the way to put it in bootloader mode..
(RECORD+POWER+RESET)
Ok, I change the carrier to see if still could work, and Indeed it did it, so as I'm in Dominican Republic, I will need the info of how to change the country ID.
What you need is the NoID RUU. Select that instead of Standard.

And yes, you should hard reset after running the RUU utility.
Old 12-10-2007, 08:57 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Nehemoth is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
What you need is the NoID RUU. Select that instead of Standard.

And yes, you should hard reset after running the RUU utility.
Regards Man, I will try that in some minutes.

What about the other questions?

Tomorrow I hope to begin a guide for noobs like me with the step by step of how to do all this, which is really simple, very simple indeed.
Old 12-11-2007, 12:11 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nehemoth View Post

No, and No.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:57 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Nehemoth is a n00b
Me again here with another round.

I have some issues with the PPC, until now I've changed the software 2 times, which is really easy, but for not reason I could not get a correct Sync.

Let me explain better, I could Synchronize but I don't see any contact, or task or calendar appointment from my outlook to my PPC.

Sometimes the Synchro happens flawless, but without changes, other times the PPC told me that I need the version 4.5 of active sync (which is the version course I'm using), others time to program just explode, (read, active sync has generate and error and need to be closed), what is estrange is that after failed it continue running but course still without Synchro.

So I supposed that the problems lie in the version 6 of WM, so how could I back to the 5 version of WM?..
Old 12-12-2007, 05:40 AM
Lurker
Carrier: TelkomFlexi Indonesia

w1sdom is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to w1sdom
When I run Helmi kitchen with BuildOS, I've got "unknown carrier type" message. What is the meaning of that..? Should I skip that message? What about the prj file? It seem like there are operator or carrier name, since my Apache wa unlocked, what should I do with the kitchen?

Thanks
Old 12-12-2007, 06:26 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Nehemoth is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by w1sdom View Post
When I run Helmi kitchen with BuildOS, I've got "unknown carrier type" message. What is the meaning of that..? Should I skip that message? What about the prj file? It seem like there are operator or carrier name, since my Apache wa unlocked, what should I do with the kitchen?

Thanks
Try to Build it again, And if you don't have a carrier choose Generic and choose NoID RUU.

PRJ??

You mean PRL? What about?
You can read above.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development