PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   New MS Live Search OEM (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=13461)

Pir8Man 12-09-2007 09:56 PM

New MS Live Search OEM

I was trying out MS Live Search today for the first time. It quickly alerted me to a new version that was available.
I downloaded the .cab and built an updated OEM for the kitchen.

ftp://ppcgeeks:ezupload@ftp.ppcgeeks...2859.37360.zip

EDIT: this is now outdated by the ppcgeeks oem package that is included in the kitchen.

ramborami 12-11-2007 02:31 PM

I have the older version installed from the latest Kitchen.
Does the new version of Live Search replace the older version?
Or do we have to Unlock the ROM first?

varaff 12-11-2007 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramborami (Post 140582)
I have the older version installed from the latest Kitchen.
Does the new version of Live Search replace the older version?
Or do we have to Unlock the ROM first?

Actually you will have both installed, but once you run it, the new one will appear.

bobonit 12-11-2007 07:40 PM

Choose the new one in PPC-BuildOS

Unzip the Optional_LiveSearch_2.5.2859.37360 folder to your /BuildOS/USER_OEM/ folder. Then in PPC-BuildOS, unselect the older LiveSearch OEM and select the newer one. After building your ROM, you will only have the newer version.

mdcnman6 12-11-2007 09:01 PM

what does this new one have

imnuts 12-12-2007 01:02 AM

Only thing I've found different so far is it has a voice recognition feature as well as being able to find gas prices nearby

spetrillo 12-12-2007 07:04 AM

Live Search Dials Out?

I have an unlimited data plan with VZW. When I try using the Live Search functionality it wants to dial out like a normal voice call instead of using the data side. I do have Activesync up with push mail enabled. Does Live Search think the data is busy and then tries to dial out?

Thanks,
Steve

macewank 12-12-2007 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spetrillo (Post 141015)
I have an unlimited data plan with VZW. When I try using the Live Search functionality it wants to dial out like a normal voice call instead of using the data side. I do have Activesync up with push mail enabled. Does Live Search think the data is busy and then tries to dial out?

Thanks,
Steve

what's it dialing out to?

if its #777, it's enabling the data connection

spetrillo 12-12-2007 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macewank (Post 141438)
what's it dialing out to?

if its #777, it's enabling the data connection

Oh damn...I thought it was trying to dial out rather than using the data connection. Thanks for clearing that up.

spetrillo 12-13-2007 01:38 PM

Live Search - Voice Recognition

Will the voice capabilities of Live Search work with Voice Command? Wouldnt that be nice if it did.

Thanks,
Steve

nikki2beeps 12-14-2007 07:42 AM

There appears to be little difference between the version in the latest ppcgeeks oem and the newest version. I can find none myself. The earlier version alredy supported voice search and gas prices. As far as working with voice command Id say no, beyond saying "start live search" and then "start audio" (old trick from IDtransfer if you have an exe called audio in your start menu) then tapping the left soft key and stating "mexican food" and getting all the mexican resteraunts in this area. It does work but this is what it equates to. If I have gps on it will search closest to me. If not I still need to give it a current location via map or address or contact.If I already have gps running I tap headset button-start live search. wait for it to load and connect to network. I tap headset "start audio"this routes all sounds and mic through the headset. tap left soft key(labeled speak) "mexican restaurant" then I get my results. Im actually trying to write a mortscript file to automate some of this for me. ie "start voice search" which will load live search wait then start audio.exe wait then press left softkey for me. This equates to "start voice search" beep "mexican restaurant"-results Granted this requires I have the audio.exe and mortscript on my device but I already have both running.

mdcnman6 12-14-2007 01:40 PM

thanks for all the info

Pir8Man 05-23-2008 07:02 PM

Re: New MS Live Search OEM

Correct, the latest ppcgeeks oem superceedes my contribution. and there was an update to live search just last week. ppcgeeks was quick to update the oem package with the lastest version.