PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2007, 07:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Kaiser wm6.5 23037
Carrier: ATT

nikki2beeps is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
There appears to be little difference between the version in the latest ppcgeeks oem and the newest version. I can find none myself. The earlier version alredy supported voice search and gas prices. As far as working with voice command Id say no, beyond saying "start live search" and then "start audio" (old trick from IDtransfer if you have an exe called audio in your start menu) then tapping the left soft key and stating "mexican food" and getting all the mexican resteraunts in this area. It does work but this is what it equates to. If I have gps on it will search closest to me. If not I still need to give it a current location via map or address or contact.If I already have gps running I tap headset button-start live search. wait for it to load and connect to network. I tap headset "start audio"this routes all sounds and mic through the headset. tap left soft key(labeled speak) "mexican restaurant" then I get my results. Im actually trying to write a mortscript file to automate some of this for me. ie "start voice search" which will load live search wait then start audio.exe wait then press left softkey for me. This equates to "start voice search" beep "mexican restaurant"-results Granted this requires I have the audio.exe and mortscript on my device but I already have both running.
Old 12-14-2007, 01:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700 6800 htc pro tp2
Carrier: sprint

mdcnman6 is a n00b
thanks for all the info
Old 05-23-2008, 07:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC 6700
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Pir8Man is keeping up the good workPir8Man is keeping up the good work
Re: New MS Live Search OEM

Correct, the latest ppcgeeks oem superceedes my contribution. and there was an update to live search just last week. ppcgeeks was quick to update the oem package with the lastest version.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development