PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Google Maps 2 OEM (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=13203)

imnuts 12-06-2007 03:00 PM

Google Maps 2 OEM

I made an OEM package for the new Google Maps software if anyone would like it. Available at http://www.imnuts.org/kitchen-oems/

50Pesos 12-06-2007 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imnuts (Post 137271)
I made an OEM package for the new Google Maps software if anyone would like it. Available at http://imnuts.net/oems.aspx

whats does it do different that the one, just downloaded from google?

Druu 12-07-2007 05:35 AM

Yeah I just got it from google not too long ago and its awesome. One of the handiest programs I have! Is this an updated one thats not available on their site?

tiermann 12-07-2007 05:40 AM

It's the same version, just converted from a cab to an OEM for cooking into a custom ROM.

?GotJazz? 12-07-2007 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Druu (Post 137784)
Yeah I just got it from google not too long ago and its awesome. One of the handiest programs I have! Is this an updated one thats not available on their site?

Yeah, it is a nice app. But - and I can't believe I'm saying this - Microsoft has really aced Google with their latest Live Search-Mobile application. It has an excellent voice recognition interface that works really well. I'm amazed how the LS-M software is processing speaker-independent voice so well on a 416 MHz processor. In addition, it seems like the LS-M interface is a bit better to use for me.

I'm a big fan of Google beatin' the tar out of Microsoft, but I'll have to concede this small battle to MS.

If you haven't tried the LS-M app yet, give it a shot! It's pretty cool!

¿GotJazz?

mastercko 12-09-2007 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ?GotJazz? (Post 138187)
Yeah, it is a nice app. But - and I can't believe I'm saying this - Microsoft has really aced Google with their latest Live Search-Mobile application. It has an excellent voice recognition interface that works really well. I'm amazed how the LS-M software is processing speaker-independent voice so well on a 416 MHz processor. In addition, it seems like the LS-M interface is a bit better to use for me.

I'm a big fan of Google beatin' the tar out of Microsoft, but I'll have to concede this small battle to MS.

If you haven't tried the LS-M app yet, give it a shot! It's pretty cool!

¿GotJazz?

Actually, I've heard from someone in the know (works at the company that Microsoft licensed voice rec software for Sync and other projects) that what you speak in the software is actually sent to a central server where it's processed, and the interface for Live Mobile hides that intermediary step remarkably well.

Anyway, I've tried it and it really is pretty amazing. My Location owns all, though.

?GotJazz? 12-24-2007 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mastercko (Post 139084)
Actually, I've heard from someone in the know (works at the company that Microsoft licensed voice rec software for Sync and other projects) that what you speak in the software is actually sent to a central server where it's processed, and the interface for Live Mobile hides that intermediary step remarkably well.

Anyway, I've tried it and it really is pretty amazing. My Location owns all, though.

I'm not surprised that the MS-L app sends it up to a centralized server/processor. I was actually suspecting that was the case, considering how well it worked.

I tried the "My Location" feature in GM, and it doesn't work from my house. I guess I'll have to keep trying ...

Update: "My Location" doesn't seem to be working at all on my XV6700. I tried it all over town. BUMr.

Fresh2Death 01-05-2008 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mastercko (Post 139084)

very much agreed

rspppcgeeks 05-14-2008 11:40 AM

Re: Google Maps 2 OEM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ?GotJazz? (Post 148257)
Update: "My Location" doesn't seem to be working at all on my XV6700. I tried it all over town. BUMr.

I have the same experience. I thought I read that My Location was supposed to work on the 6700. I haven't figured out if this is a GM problem, a Verizon issue, or an issue with Gm 2.0 on the 6700 just under WM6.1.

Does anyone have the My Location working with GM 2.0 under any rev of WM on the verizon XV6700?

imnuts 05-15-2008 12:41 AM

Re: Google Maps 2 OEM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rspppcgeeks (Post 282676)
Does anyone have the My Location working with GM 2.0 under any rev of WM on the verizon XV6700?

I think that My Location is a GSM only feature at the moment, so it's not going to work on the 6700