PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you use Internet Calling on your Apache?
Yes, but not on Sprint 4 13.33%
NO. 13 43.33%
Yes and on Sprint. 3 10.00%
What the heck is it? 10 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2007, 02:21 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

sheetalc is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Internet Calling for my 6700 running WM6 w/ SPRINT

I am very happy with Helmi's new WM6 rom. SO first off - thanks much to all those guys helping us around here!!

I have been trying to get Internet Calling to work on my 6700 with no luck. I have the Internet Calling option when I go to Settings->Today->Items. But choosing it gives me no tab in my Today page for Internet calling. I also have the "Voip Setup" program built into my rom and have correctly added my voipbuster settings to it. I know that my phone is correctly registering with the voipbuster server (because my PC softphone then automatically gets logged out!). But I still dont get any Internet Calling or Option to make Sip calls from the keypad (is that what you call the dialer??)

Can anyone please help? Thanks.

p.s: I have used SJ Phone and it works fine.. but its does not link into my phone contacts etc..
Old 12-07-2007, 07:49 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: PPC6800

pachock is a n00b
I was able to configure VOIP for my provider viatalk. Depending on the options you select, you will be able to use VOIP for just incoming ir both incoming and outgoing. You can also enable it while in 3G coverage or just leave it for WIFI only.

My only problem is that volume is very low on both phone speaker and bluetooth headset.
Old 12-07-2007, 11:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Titan
Carrier: Claro Dominicana

el_venga is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to el_venga
i havent tested VoIP cause i dont have the service but i read that the phone dialpad is used for internet calling too. try that.
Old 12-07-2007, 03:10 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheetalc View Post
I am very happy with Helmi's new WM6 rom. SO first off - thanks much to all those guys helping us around here!!

I have been trying to get Internet Calling to work on my 6700 with no luck. I have the Internet Calling option when I go to Settings->Today->Items. But choosing it gives me no tab in my Today page for Internet calling. I also have the "Voip Setup" program built into my rom and have correctly added my voipbuster settings to it. I know that my phone is correctly registering with the voipbuster server (because my PC softphone then automatically gets logged out!). But I still dont get any Internet Calling or Option to make Sip calls from the keypad (is that what you call the dialer??)

Can anyone please help? Thanks.

p.s: I have used SJ Phone and it works fine.. but its does not link into my phone contacts etc..
You configure when to use VOIP from the voip setup program. You use the regular dialpad to place and receive voip calls.
Old 12-09-2007, 08:18 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

sheetalc is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
You configure when to use VOIP from the voip setup program. You use the regular dialpad to place and receive voip calls.
But the dialpad has no option to choose - voip or sprint? how do I know what I am using? I see people mentioning getting a "Internet Calling" tab in the Today page. How do I get that?
Old 12-09-2007, 10:25 PM
Lurker

cypherkin is a n00b
alright - this might sound stupid & i am not sure where to ask this question - but as i was going through the threads (ahvent been on here for a while) - I was wondering -

is it possible for me to install a sprint or a Reliance ROM (from the kitchen sink) instead of Verizon (my 6700 is a Verizon phone) - and then go to sprint or Reliance and ask them to add me onto their network? Is my phone going to work over there?
Old 12-09-2007, 10:27 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

sheetalc is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by cypherkin View Post
alright - this might sound stupid & i am not sure where to ask this question - but as i was going through the threads (ahvent been on here for a while) - I was wondering -

is it possible for me to install a sprint or a Reliance ROM (from the kitchen sink) instead of Verizon (my 6700 is a Verizon phone) - and then go to sprint or Reliance and ask them to add me onto their network? Is my phone going to work over there?
Duh.. thanks for hijacking my thread!
Old 12-09-2007, 11:01 PM
Deep Thinker

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheetalc View Post
But the dialpad has no option to choose - voip or sprint? how do I know what I am using? I see people mentioning getting a "Internet Calling" tab in the Today page. How do I get that?
You use the one you configured in Voip setup for outgoing calls. It isn't something you can choose for each phone call. You can receive calls from both systems, all the time.
Old 12-09-2007, 11:07 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

sheetalc is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
You use the one you configured in Voip setup for outgoing calls. It isn't something you can choose for each phone call. You can receive calls from both systems, all the time.
I am guessing you are referring to the VIOP provider. I realise that this is not chosen every time I make a voip call. ( I have linksys PAP2 for my landline at home - one configured on voipbuster and another on stanaphone - so I understand how we configure once and leave it!).

What I meant was, when I get the dialpad - I dont have an option to choose to use VOIP to make the call or to just use my sprint service to make the call.
Old 12-09-2007, 11:09 PM
Deep Thinker

No, in Voip setup you had the option to choose when to use VOIP instead of your cell carrier.

From the dialpad, you are correct - you dont' get a choice there. You get the choice you made in voip setup.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development