PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Internet Calling for my 6700 running WM6 w/ SPRINT (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=13202)

sheetalc 12-06-2007 02:21 PM

Internet Calling for my 6700 running WM6 w/ SPRINT

I am very happy with Helmi's new WM6 rom. SO first off - thanks much to all those guys helping us around here!!

I have been trying to get Internet Calling to work on my 6700 with no luck. I have the Internet Calling option when I go to Settings->Today->Items. But choosing it gives me no tab in my Today page for Internet calling. I also have the "Voip Setup" program built into my rom and have correctly added my voipbuster settings to it. I know that my phone is correctly registering with the voipbuster server (because my PC softphone then automatically gets logged out!). But I still dont get any Internet Calling or Option to make Sip calls from the keypad (is that what you call the dialer??)

Can anyone please help? Thanks.

p.s: I have used SJ Phone and it works fine.. but its does not link into my phone contacts etc..

pachock 12-07-2007 07:49 AM

I was able to configure VOIP for my provider viatalk. Depending on the options you select, you will be able to use VOIP for just incoming ir both incoming and outgoing. You can also enable it while in 3G coverage or just leave it for WIFI only.

My only problem is that volume is very low on both phone speaker and bluetooth headset.

el_venga 12-07-2007 11:57 AM

i havent tested VoIP cause i dont have the service but i read that the phone dialpad is used for internet calling too. try that.

gguruusa 12-07-2007 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sheetalc (Post 137241)
I am very happy with Helmi's new WM6 rom. SO first off - thanks much to all those guys helping us around here!!

I have been trying to get Internet Calling to work on my 6700 with no luck. I have the Internet Calling option when I go to Settings->Today->Items. But choosing it gives me no tab in my Today page for Internet calling. I also have the "Voip Setup" program built into my rom and have correctly added my voipbuster settings to it. I know that my phone is correctly registering with the voipbuster server (because my PC softphone then automatically gets logged out!). But I still dont get any Internet Calling or Option to make Sip calls from the keypad (is that what you call the dialer??)

Can anyone please help? Thanks.

p.s: I have used SJ Phone and it works fine.. but its does not link into my phone contacts etc..

You configure when to use VOIP from the voip setup program. You use the regular dialpad to place and receive voip calls.

sheetalc 12-09-2007 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gguruusa (Post 138046)
You configure when to use VOIP from the voip setup program. You use the regular dialpad to place and receive voip calls.

But the dialpad has no option to choose - voip or sprint? how do I know what I am using? I see people mentioning getting a "Internet Calling" tab in the Today page. How do I get that?

cypherkin 12-09-2007 10:25 PM

alright - this might sound stupid & i am not sure where to ask this question - but as i was going through the threads (ahvent been on here for a while) - I was wondering -

is it possible for me to install a sprint or a Reliance ROM (from the kitchen sink) instead of Verizon (my 6700 is a Verizon phone) - and then go to sprint or Reliance and ask them to add me onto their network? Is my phone going to work over there?

sheetalc 12-09-2007 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cypherkin (Post 139451)
alright - this might sound stupid & i am not sure where to ask this question - but as i was going through the threads (ahvent been on here for a while) - I was wondering -

is it possible for me to install a sprint or a Reliance ROM (from the kitchen sink) instead of Verizon (my 6700 is a Verizon phone) - and then go to sprint or Reliance and ask them to add me onto their network? Is my phone going to work over there?

Duh.. thanks for hijacking my thread!

gguruusa 12-09-2007 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sheetalc (Post 139401)
But the dialpad has no option to choose - voip or sprint? how do I know what I am using? I see people mentioning getting a "Internet Calling" tab in the Today page. How do I get that?

You use the one you configured in Voip setup for outgoing calls. It isn't something you can choose for each phone call. You can receive calls from both systems, all the time.

sheetalc 12-09-2007 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gguruusa (Post 139476)
You use the one you configured in Voip setup for outgoing calls. It isn't something you can choose for each phone call. You can receive calls from both systems, all the time.

I am guessing you are referring to the VIOP provider. I realise that this is not chosen every time I make a voip call. ( I have linksys PAP2 for my landline at home - one configured on voipbuster and another on stanaphone - so I understand how we configure once and leave it!).

What I meant was, when I get the dialpad - I dont have an option to choose to use VOIP to make the call or to just use my sprint service to make the call.

gguruusa 12-09-2007 11:09 PM

No, in Voip setup you had the option to choose when to use VOIP instead of your cell carrier.

From the dialpad, you are correct - you dont' get a choice there. You get the choice you made in voip setup.