PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2007, 03:02 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

sheetalc is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
CAB with Additional Themes

How do I make a cab out of the additional themes folder that is under BuildOS when I download the kitchen? Also, how do I install these themes individually without a .cab?

thanks
Old 12-04-2007, 03:12 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
It's kinda pointless to have a cab for themes, as it can't install them--just copy them. You might as well put your extra themes on a storage card. That's the best place for them (since you only ever use one theme at a time and when you install the theme it gets copied to the device. You can remove your storage card and your chosen theme will stay). To install themes just put them at the root of your storage card, go to settings->today and select it from the list, hit ok and voila.

Last edited by luv2chill; 12-04-2007 at 03:33 PM.
Old 12-04-2007, 03:48 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

sheetalc is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2chill View Post
It's kinda pointless to have a cab for themes, as it can't install them--just copy them. You might as well put your extra themes on a storage card. That's the best place for them (since you only ever use one theme at a time and when you install the theme it gets copied to the device. You can remove your storage card and your chosen theme will stay). To install themes just put them at the root of your storage card, go to settings->today and select it from the list, hit ok and voila.
Did not expect it to be that easy!! One more question.. can I create folder on the storage card or something? putting them in the root makes it cluttered

Last edited by luv2chill; 12-04-2007 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Oops. Didn't mean to edit this.
Old 12-04-2007, 04:01 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheetalc View Post
Did not expect it to be that easy!! One more question.. can I create folder on the storage card or something? putting them in the root makes it cluttered

I think the Today applet only catches them in certain directories--I only ever have a few so I never mind putting them in the root, but try making a folder in the root of the card and put them there and see if it find them. If not, try sticking them in the root of "My Documents" on the storage card (create a "My Documents" folder if it doesn't already exist).

Report back please what works and what doesn't.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:33 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Could someone pull the extra themes from the kitchen and post them, I havent had any luck finding them any where...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development