PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2007, 01:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

cheeb is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Create oem packages

I'm sorry if this has already been addressed (i'm certain it has)....but I cannot find it anywhere. I need to be directed in the area where you learn how to create oems...if there is anyone who can help me out it would be greatly appreciated...thanks
Old 12-04-2007, 01:33 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: PPC-6700

bobonit is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeb View Post
I'm sorry if this has already been addressed (i'm certain it has)....but I cannot find it anywhere. I need to be directed in the area where you learn how to create oems...if there is anyone who can help me out it would be greatly appreciated...thanks
If you are using the kitchen, you can find the instructions in the "PPCGeeks Kitchen Tutorial" located in the kitchen folder here:
"\BuildOS\Help & Support Files\Apache Kitchen Walkthrough r1.0.pdf"
Old 12-04-2007, 02:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobonit View Post
If you are using the kitchen, you can find the instructions in the "PPCGeeks Kitchen Tutorial" located in the kitchen folder here:
"\BuildOS\Help & Support Files\Apache Kitchen Walkthrough r1.0.pdf"
Anyone know if that document will be updated for the latest kitchen since there are new features you can add into option.xml?
Old 12-04-2007, 02:39 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Perasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIP
Probably not as the guys who created this kitchen, by their own admission, don't like doing documentation all that much. They have, however, stated that if anyone wanted to do an updated document then they'd be more than happy to include it! Wanna take it on?

Projects: (PeraStats 1.7) (PeraCount with Clock 1.3) (PeraCount 1.3) (PeraProfiler 1.2) (S2U2Lock 1.1)
Old 12-04-2007, 03:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800 Titan (on Sprint) / PPC6700 (Sprint) Apache / Sprint Touch

tiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to tiermann Send a message via Yahoo to tiermann
Here's a quick overview of the new info you can add to option.xml added by GGuruUSA.

Code:
<OEMVersion>1.0</OEMVersion>
This is used to show the version or revision of the OEM. If you're going to keep the same AppVersion, you'll want to change this each time you make a change.

Code:
<OEMDate>10/23/2007</OEMDate>
This is the last date you modified the OEM.

Code:
<ButtonType>GroupRadioNone</ButtonType>
This is how you would like your list item to "act" in buildOS. It has 5 possible types:
  1. Hidden doesn't show on the list. Used for hidden requirements only.
  2. NoButton shows up with no button.
  3. Check shows up as a normal old checkbox.
  4. GroupRadioNone shows up as a radio button, but none of the "GroupRadioNone" items in that OEM group must be selected. They can be "unchecked".
  5. GroupRadioOne shows up as a radio button and one of the "GroupRadioOne" items in that OEM group must be selected.

Code:
<OEMAuthor>YourName</OEMAuthor>
This is used to give yourself credit for the OEM you're creating.

Code:
<AppVersion>2.0</AppVersion>
This shows the versions of the application itself. For example if your OEM contains Slide2Unlock 0.85, then it would be 0.85.

Code:
<AppAuthorURL>http://www.somesite.com</AppAuthorURL>
This is used to give the original application's author credit. It should link to either the application author's homepage, the application's homepage, or a decent thread or page with info about the application.

Code:
<AdditionalInfo>A bunch of info can go in here that you would like people to know about the OEM or application.
It can be single or multi-line.</AdditionalInfo>
Code:
    <Exclude>331439cf-a636-4243-8424-e501be3a39d2</Exclude>
    <Exclude>3dca3381-3564-4380-8f56-05ccbe08d080</Exclude>
    <Exclude>6226602c-2ba3-40bf-83e4-ea9173088ac9</Exclude>
    <Exclude>1d9a869a-f37e-479b-adc7-dc128ebcf707</Exclude>
    <Require>612345cd-2ba3-40bf-83e4-ea9173088ac9</Require>
Now this is really cool... You can add requirements and exclude other OEMs:
This example comes from the split version of Microsoft Office Mobile.
The Exclude lines tell buildOS that this OEM is not compatible with the old Office version and to exclude it if it's checked already on the list.
The Require line tells it to include some shared Office components that it will need which are included in a hidden OEM.

Last edited by tiermann; 12-04-2007 at 03:25 PM.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: sprint

Wizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
The easy way is to put a cab into Tiermann's OEMiser and turn it into an OEM!
Old 12-04-2007, 10:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800 Titan (on Sprint) / PPC6700 (Sprint) Apache / Sprint Touch

tiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to tiermann Send a message via Yahoo to tiermann
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzard View Post
The easy way is to put a cab into Tiermann's OEMiser and turn it into an OEM!
Hehe.. yeah. That'll get it done, but always good to learn the idea behind it for when things go wrong.
We're working on some actual documentation now, btw. Not sure when, but we'll have some more modernized info available eventually.
I'm almost done with OEMizer's help file and I'm sure we'll all be having fun adding to the pdf, hehe.

Last edited by tiermann; 12-04-2007 at 10:08 PM.
Old 12-05-2007, 01:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

cheeb is a n00b
thanks alot for all the answers...much appreciated

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development