PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2007, 07:12 PM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by the18thtee View Post
WinCE Cab Manager is a really easy application to use for building cab files. You most likely wont need instructions because most of it is self-explanatory.
On the other hand, why dont you just build the ringtones/sounds you want into the rom? There is already an oem called Additional Ringtones and Additional Sounds in the USER_OEM folder. Just drop your ringtones into the folder and edit the rgu to reflect the additional ringtones/sounds. The only real change to the rgu should be adding "TheNameOfRingtone.wma", under all of the others, you will know what i am talking about when you open the rgu. Just make sure that the rgu includes any ringtones you have added/removed and that you have commas after each entrys quotation marks (except the last one). This is also really easy to do, just open the rgu and you should be able to figure it out.
If I use the method of editing the rgu file do the ringtones have to be in wma format or can I used another format? The reason I am asking is some formats are smaller files. I don't know about wma is it a smaller file than amr files?

Feel free to if choose to do so.
My ROM for Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular and Cricket 20931 Base!!

The THANKS button is over there------------------------------------------------>
Old 12-04-2007, 07:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mogul htc6800

mexpino6190619 is a n00b
wow this really helps out big time... i have everything on my htc mogul 6800 but the iphone theme... lol im having trouble understansing how to install it. i will figure it out but thanks for the slide prog. i been looking for it. thank you very much you rock
Old 12-04-2007, 07:44 PM
Ditch Doctor
Threadstarter

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexpino6190619 View Post
wow this really helps out big time... i have everything on my htc mogul 6800 but the iphone theme... lol im having trouble understansing how to install it. i will figure it out but thanks for the slide prog. i been looking for it. thank you very much you rock
I have no idea what you mean. You must have replied to the wrong thread.
Old 12-04-2007, 11:47 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ga. Medic View Post
Asking if a program is free is not the same as saying Hey do you have a pirated copy I can have. I was simply asking if it was a free program. If I had seached (which I did after I posted duh) I would have seen it was $99. A bit overpriced for making a cab for ringtones so I guess the old trusty copy/paste will have to do.
Oh no sorry I wasn't accusing you at all. I was just making clear the site's position on warez--we've had a lot of people ask for a pirated version of that particular piece of software--I was just trying to forestall any such posts that may have come in that thread (from anyone). Sorry it looked like I was addressing you specifically.
Old 12-05-2007, 09:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Apache + HTC Diamond
Carrier: Cellular South

the18thtee is just getting started
I should have been more clear when I suggested the WinCE Cab Manager.

GaMedic,

As you already know, the program is far from free. $99 is ridiculous, i know. However, for the limited number of uses we have for this product and considering that you probably will only use this program a couple of times, I did want to let you know that if you go to the OCP Software website and download the WCM you can use it 20 times for free as a trial (i.e. the program can be opened/closed 20 times before it expires).
Here is the link:
http://www.ocpsoftware.com/download.php?nm=cecabmgr

Also, to answer your question about the ringtone format, WM6 supports WAV, WMA, and MP3.
4. Give THANKS to those who deserve it!
Old 12-05-2007, 09:09 AM
Ditch Doctor
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by the18thtee View Post
I should have been more clear when I suggested the WinCE Cab Manager.

GaMedic,

As you already know, the program is far from free. $99 is ridiculous, i know. However, for the limited number of uses we have for this product and considering that you probably will only use this program a couple of times, I did want to let you know that if you go to the OCP Software website and download the WCM you can use it 20 times for free as a trial (i.e. the program can be opened/closed 20 times before it expires).
Here is the link:
http://www.ocpsoftware.com/download.php?nm=cecabmgr

Also, to answer your question about the ringtone format, WM6 supports WAV, WMA, and MP3.
So in your experiance which format is the best to use and provides the smallest file size? Also if I use a different format do I have to edit the rgu to reflect the different format?
Old 12-05-2007, 12:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

gregpilot is a n00b
Open the .rgu, you will see

Go ahead and open the "Additional Ringtones" folder located in your /install dir/User OEM. Copy over the actual ringtone files to this folder.

You will see a .rgu file. Just enter a new line(s) at the end of the list that is already there, like "your ringtone.mp3", include the quotes. As the previous poster said, .wma and .wav. are also supported. Put a comma after each filename except the last one in the list. Make sure there is one blank line at the
end of the file (there should be) and when you save, make sure it saves as unicode file type. Notepad 2 works well, there is a status line at the bottom of the window which indicates the file type.

If you are not sure, just rename the original .rgu as xxxxx.bak, if you mess it up you can rename it back.

I just did this and it works.

gm
Old 12-08-2007, 01:48 PM
Ditch Doctor
Threadstarter

Corrupt file

I edited the rgu and installed and I get an error when I select ringtone saying file is corupt select another ringtone. I attached a copy of my rgu for inspection. Also I acidently deleted ringtone standard if someone could please upload a copy of it. Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: txt RGU.txt (576 Bytes, 15 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by GaMedic; 12-08-2007 at 01:51 PM.
Old 12-08-2007, 02:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800 Titan (on Sprint) / PPC6700 (Sprint) Apache / Sprint Touch
Carrier: Sprint

tiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to tiermann Send a message via Yahoo to tiermann
Does your filename have 2 spaces in it between the name and the extension, because the RGU does.

Ring-Standard is in the kitchen installer if you still have it. You can open that in winRAR. If you still need it, just let me know and I'll attach it.
Old 12-08-2007, 04:22 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregpilot View Post
Make sure there is one blank line at the end of the file (there should be) and when you save, make sure it saves as unicode file type. Notepad 2 works well, there is a status line at the bottom of the window which indicates the file type.

If you are not sure, just rename the original .rgu as xxxxx.bak, if you mess it up you can rename it back.
You needn't worry about unicode or blank lines at end for RGU files.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development