PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2007, 06:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6800
Carrier: Verizon

bkaz is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
xv6700 broke - verizon insurance won't replace it with 6700

Well my xv6700 finally bit the dust. I think the cold weather damaged the screen (streaks across the screen, inverted colors, etc...) I've been a long time lurker and just wanted to say thanks to everyone here for keeping my phone alive for so long. The amount of customization that you brought to my phone was unmatched by anything else out there. I've used every kitchen you've produced.

FYI for other verizon users - BE CAREFUL WITH YOUR 6700's! Verizon's insurance will only give me a Treo 700w (not wx) so I'll be using that for a while. They will not give you a 6700, and judging from other forums, the 6800 won't be an option for quite a while (not that you want one in its current state). I'm really missing my big screen and the wifi.

Thanks again...
Old 11-30-2007, 07:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vx6800
Carrier: verizon

buck95 is just getting started
Last week Verizon told me they still had them for replacement (53$), one thing about verizon is if you dont like what they tell u walk out and come back in and they will tell you something else. Had a problem with my screen, fried it in the car in the sun during the summer, replaced it with a screen, around $50, download the instructions for takeing it apart. takes an hour or so. If you dont want to deal with it, sell it to Me LOL
Old 11-30-2007, 07:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

oldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularoldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularoldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Hmm this is good to know. My 6700 sailed off the top of our car when my wife left it up there. It still works great except the "stick button" is busted and regularly pushes itself, causing all sorts of mayhem on my phone at various times. I have the insurance, but hate to pay $50 and get something lesser back when it still works and is just a little annoying. This makes me want to stick it out.
Old 11-30-2007, 07:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Fascinate

Kalnel is just getting started
That replacement policy sucks -- as if a Treo 700w is a true replacement for an xv6700. It's like trying to replace your microwave with a toaster oven.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker

fitbryan is a n00b
guys all you have to do is call WDTS @ the 1-800 # and complain. Keep complaining and threaten to change carriers and you will get whatever you ask for. Dont take no for an answer. I've never had a problem.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:58 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800 Titan (on Sprint) / PPC6700 (Sprint) Apache / Sprint Touch
Carrier: Sprint

tiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to tiermann Send a message via Yahoo to tiermann
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitbryan View Post
guys all you have to do is call WDTS @ the 1-800 # and complain. Keep complaining and threaten to change carriers and you will get whatever you ask for. Dont take no for an answer. I've never had a problem.
Try that on sprint

Last edited by tiermann; 11-30-2007 at 09:01 PM.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: VZW

nemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to nemanracing
Customer Care is the 1-800 #, WDTS is a 1-866 #, 1-866-237-9122 to be exact...
History:XV6850 WM6.5,PPC6850 WM6.5 on VZW,XV6850 WM6.1/Telus Radio,VZW Omnia,XV6900 WM6.1/GPS/RevA,XV6800 WM6.1/GPS/RevA,XV6700 WM6,Samsung i760,Moto Q9m,Moto Q,XV6700,VZW Treo 700WX,Treo 700W,Samsung i730,XV6600,Treo 650,Treo 600,Kyocera 7135
Old 12-01-2007, 01:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker

fitbryan is a n00b
lol. they get cut for complaining and we get cut for actually using our 'unlimited' data
Old 12-03-2007, 12:47 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC-6700
Carrier: Sprint

werewolf727 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalnel View Post
That replacement policy sucks -- as if a Treo 700w is a true replacement for an xv6700. It's like trying to replace your microwave with a toaster oven.
LOL!!! Remind me to use that line!!

Can't you complain that the 700w is Palm based and that your apps won't work properly with a Palm system? I've never had a Palm based system but I'm sure some of you could suggest plenty of applications that could be used as an example to fling poo at them. I've heard Sprint is replacing Moguls with Touch's if you bitch enough about the bluetooth problem.
Old 12-03-2007, 11:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6800
Threadstarter

bkaz is becoming a great contributor
The 700w runs wm5. You are probably thinking of the 700p or one of the earlier treos. I know I could've probably complained and complained until I got something different, but I'm due for a NE2 upgrade in a few months so I'll get something new later. I also don't enjoy arguing with people and being a jerk over something silly like a phone. I did tell them that I really needed wifi and spoke briefly to a manager, but I didn't feel like pushing it too far.

In case anyone is wondering, here's my take on the treo. So far, I'm actually liking it. I was running the latest wm6 rom on my 6700 and this treo seems more reponsive. I like the buttons better too (especially the dial pad). So overall I like it better as a phone. The 6700 is definately superior as a pocket pc. The treo only has one programmable hard button (mine's programmed to voice command). I can't easily record a memo, open the comm manager, go to the camera, etc... The smaller screen is limiting, but it's not as bad as you might think. The lack of wifi really stinks - I never needed the data plan before. So, I think this old treo will be just fine until something really nice comes out next year.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development