PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   xv6700 broke - verizon insurance won't replace it with 6700 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=12811)

bkaz 11-30-2007 06:50 PM

xv6700 broke - verizon insurance won't replace it with 6700

Well my xv6700 finally bit the dust. I think the cold weather damaged the screen (streaks across the screen, inverted colors, etc...) I've been a long time lurker and just wanted to say thanks to everyone here for keeping my phone alive for so long. The amount of customization that you brought to my phone was unmatched by anything else out there. I've used every kitchen you've produced.

FYI for other verizon users - BE CAREFUL WITH YOUR 6700's! Verizon's insurance will only give me a Treo 700w (not wx) so I'll be using that for a while. They will not give you a 6700, and judging from other forums, the 6800 won't be an option for quite a while (not that you want one in its current state). I'm really missing my big screen and the wifi.

Thanks again...

buck95 11-30-2007 07:36 PM

Last week Verizon told me they still had them for replacement (53$), one thing about verizon is if you dont like what they tell u walk out and come back in and they will tell you something else. Had a problem with my screen, fried it in the car in the sun during the summer, replaced it with a screen, around $50, download the instructions for takeing it apart. takes an hour or so. If you dont want to deal with it, sell it to Me LOL

oldpueblo 11-30-2007 07:42 PM

Hmm this is good to know. My 6700 sailed off the top of our car when my wife left it up there. It still works great except the "stick button" is busted and regularly pushes itself, causing all sorts of mayhem on my phone at various times. :p I have the insurance, but hate to pay $50 and get something lesser back when it still works and is just a little annoying. This makes me want to stick it out.

Kalnel 11-30-2007 07:51 PM

That replacement policy sucks -- as if a Treo 700w is a true replacement for an xv6700. It's like trying to replace your microwave with a toaster oven.

fitbryan 11-30-2007 08:42 PM

guys all you have to do is call WDTS @ the 1-800 # and complain. Keep complaining and threaten to change carriers and you will get whatever you ask for. Dont take no for an answer. I've never had a problem. :)

tiermann 11-30-2007 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitbryan (Post 133317)
guys all you have to do is call WDTS @ the 1-800 # and complain. Keep complaining and threaten to change carriers and you will get whatever you ask for. Dont take no for an answer. I've never had a problem. :)

Try that on sprint :)

nemanracing 11-30-2007 09:05 PM

Customer Care is the 1-800 #, WDTS is a 1-866 #, 1-866-237-9122 to be exact...

fitbryan 12-01-2007 01:02 PM

lol. they get cut for complaining and we get cut for actually using our 'unlimited' data :)

werewolf727 12-03-2007 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalnel (Post 133295)
That replacement policy sucks -- as if a Treo 700w is a true replacement for an xv6700. It's like trying to replace your microwave with a toaster oven.

LOL!!! Remind me to use that line!!

Can't you complain that the 700w is Palm based and that your apps won't work properly with a Palm system? I've never had a Palm based system but I'm sure some of you could suggest plenty of applications that could be used as an example to fling poo at them. I've heard Sprint is replacing Moguls with Touch's if you bitch enough about the bluetooth problem.

bkaz 12-03-2007 11:42 AM

The 700w runs wm5. You are probably thinking of the 700p or one of the earlier treos. I know I could've probably complained and complained until I got something different, but I'm due for a NE2 upgrade in a few months so I'll get something new later. I also don't enjoy arguing with people and being a jerk over something silly like a phone. I did tell them that I really needed wifi and spoke briefly to a manager, but I didn't feel like pushing it too far.

In case anyone is wondering, here's my take on the treo. So far, I'm actually liking it. I was running the latest wm6 rom on my 6700 and this treo seems more reponsive. I like the buttons better too (especially the dial pad). So overall I like it better as a phone. The 6700 is definately superior as a pocket pc. The treo only has one programmable hard button (mine's programmed to voice command). I can't easily record a memo, open the comm manager, go to the camera, etc... The smaller screen is limiting, but it's not as bad as you might think. The lack of wifi really stinks - I never needed the data plan before. So, I think this old treo will be just fine until something really nice comes out next year.