PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2007, 01:54 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: WM6 Apache and Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

Black06STI is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help! I lost my RUU Id permanently

Hey guys, I'll try to make this short I downloaded the files, and forgot to drop PPC Geeks OEM folder into the HEMI Folder. I cooked a very very basic Rom with just the HEMI stuff. It uploaded using Standard RUU. When it was done I reset, and then decided I needed to upgrade the Radio. I downloaded the radio, but could not install it. I tried going back to a Sprint ROM, and was unsucessful, I keep getting the device code error

I decided to cook up a new rom (the right way), and I could upload it using No Id., and I pulled apart the radio rom, and loaded that with NoID as well. My question is, is there a way to make it so I can use the Standard RUU now?

The Errors I receive are

error 100: Model id error (most of the time)
error 120: Country id error (happens every now and then)

I hope the fellow PPCGEEKS can help I read in a thread someone recommended doing a master EPST reset, but I think I tried that, I went into it and clicked on Restore, and was unsucessful.

Thanks
Josh
Old 11-27-2007, 08:12 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800 Titan (on Sprint) / PPC6700 (Sprint) Apache / Sprint Touch

tiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to tiermann Send a message via Yahoo to tiermann
What bootloader do you have?
Old 11-27-2007, 11:56 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Black06STI is a n00b
I have Bootloader 2.02. I've been able to flash to other Rom's back and forth from sprint to custom, with no problems. This was my first attempt with a kitchen.

Thanks
Old 11-27-2007, 02:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800 Titan (on Sprint) / PPC6700 (Sprint) Apache / Sprint Touch

tiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to tiermann Send a message via Yahoo to tiermann
If you used standard ruu fine the first time and now you have to use NoID then you must have changed your bootloader sometime during the flashing attempts. The kitchen doesn't change any of that.

Other possibilities are your activesync drivers have changed between the flashes. In vista that can change the success of a previously working RUU too.

If NoID is working for you, then I don't see what the problem is though.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:19 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Black06STI is a n00b
I use XP, My concern is if i go back to stock, with a problem (like broken joystick or keyboard) and sprint denying me a replacement because of the id thing.

Thanks for your responses, I appreciate it, but there's no way to go back to getting standard id to work? I don't mind if losing data is the only option.

Josh
Old 11-28-2007, 09:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

TMB_XV6700 is just getting started
Josh,
If I got this right, you flashed the Verizon 1.43 radio to your Sprint device. Since there is a carrier ID mismatch between the radio and the device, you needed a NoID RUU to bypass the multiple CID checks during the update. It appears that you will continue to need the NoID RUU to flash other roms (even the Sprint AKU2 update) as long as the non-sprint radio is there. Once you flash the complete Sprint update, including the radio (using NoID), your device will be back to stock.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development