PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2007, 01:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

verizonguy is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
WM6 stuff

If people could post wm6 stuff to this subforum it would be easier to keep the wm5 work separate from the wm6 stuff

Thanks Wideawake!
Old 09-21-2007, 01:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vx 6700, Touch, Samsung Omnia, Moto Droid
Carrier: Verizon

iclickjohn is becoming a great contributor
Voice Command and button 5 on wm6

Yes Voice Command works great on wm6. It must be 1.6 If you already had 1.5 you can go to the Handango site and upgrade for $9 or so. You need your original purchase number to get the deal. OK that works fine addressing it to the windows symbol button. BUT not button 5. OK you need to now find the patch "voiceMD" posted here and other ppc forums. There is a reg edit, but this is just a file to download that run's it perfectly. I don't want to post the link here because I went to another forum to get it. But it said that they also posted it in PPCGeeks. I don't use the bt headset but supposedly that patch fixes those issues as well. I can't confirm that.
(It took me a week of nights to get to this, and geeez look how simple it is in the end. Like a needle in a haystack.)

The following post addition is from luv2chill at another forum. It has all the info I tried to explain above. I am not sure that the file download will work since I just copy and pasted it here.

Use a registry editor to navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\OEM\VoiceCommand and create a new string value called "Path" (no quotes). For the data, leave it blank (or insert a valid path to an .exe file on your system if you want that .exe to run when you press the BT headset button). Then close your registry app, power off your device and then soft reset with the stylus (or whatever method you use to soft reset). The soft reset is crucial. After it comes back up, try to assign your button 5 to something (I suggest voice command!) and see if it works. You should also be able to assign button 5 (press and hold) to something else and it will work too. You will know if you made an error in the path if button 5 still brings up notes despite being set to another program in button settings.

For those who want to save some time or aren't comfortable editing the registry, I have attached a zip file containing a cab file (updated 2/18/07) you can copy over to your device. The only thing it does is make that single registry entry (using a blank path), and it is removable if you care to remove it someday.

This fix can't be implemented prior to installing VC 1.6 (i.e. in any of the custom ROMs), because the VC installation is what deletes that value. So you will have to make this change every time you install VC 1.6.

I am posting this to ppcgeeks and pdaphonehome. Feel free to post it elsewhere if you want.
Attached FilesVoicemd Apache Fix 2.zip (589 Bytes, 515 views)

Last edited by iclickjohn; 09-21-2007 at 07:29 PM.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:58 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: sprint

rjfranken is a n00b
WM6 on a 6700. Data connection stays on. I tried searching but the term "on" is not allowed! It's sucking my battery dry, I have to reboot or turn it off by hand. Any thoughts?
Old 11-19-2007, 10:37 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Blackberry 9530
Carrier: Verizon

hunter is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjfranken View Post
WM6 on a 6700. Data connection stays on. I tried searching but the term "on" is not allowed! It's sucking my battery dry, I have to reboot or turn it off by hand. Any thoughts?
Its not the data connection thats killing your battery, there are some reg issues that cause the battery drain. I dont remember the exact thread, but the reg corrections are here somewhere, I believe somewhere in the Upgrades section. I did the fixes and it fixed my battery problem. Also the newly updated Kitchen from this weekend has the corrections.
Old 11-19-2007, 01:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker

fitbryan is a n00b
Anyone know what/if there is a fix to the disappearing SD memory card? It is there after soft resets, but disappears shortly thereafter.

I recall this was posted but cant find it? thanks!
Old 11-19-2007, 01:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

verizonguy is becoming a great contributor
Erm, just to clarify--I mean please post WM6 related posts in this forum not in this thread. I had asked Mike to create this subforum after WM6 came out.

Before criticizing someone, first walk a mile in his shoes...
Then when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away and have his shoes.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker

fitbryan is a n00b
well its your ROM Im running :P lol
Old 11-25-2007, 01:15 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: sprint

rjfranken is a n00b
VG WM6 clean: battery drain / data link always "on" and searches

any idea where? i have seen hacks and nothing seems to address this.
Old 11-25-2007, 02:47 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g
Carrier: Sprint

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjfranken View Post
any idea where? i have seen hacks and nothing seems to address this.
The most recent kitchen has the battery drain registry edits built in, but I've attached them just in case.
I believe there are also options in the kitchen regarding data settings, but you can also select data connection options in the Personal OEMizer included in the root of the kitchen. Just make sure to select that option when you run BuildOS!
Attached Files
File Type: zip powerSaving.zip (356 Bytes, 33 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development