PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2007, 04:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

Fresh2Death is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Fresh2Death Send a message via Yahoo to Fresh2Death
wm6 kitchen error

can anyone tell me what i could have possibly done wrong to keep receiving this error when i try to build my own rom.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Kitchen1.JPG (92.9 KB, 80 views) Click for barcode!
Old 11-23-2007, 04:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

Schwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
looks like you may have overstuffed the ROM
Old 11-23-2007, 07:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

nkawal is becoming a great contributor
too much stuff in your build.......please list the items that you checked off........i had this problem quite a few times already.......constantly flashing, trying new builds,etc.
Old 11-23-2007, 07:39 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Xian is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to Xian
I had this issue with the RUU set to standard. Changed it to No_ID and it seemed to work.

I might have changed something else as well, I'm not 100% certain.
Old 11-23-2007, 07:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: sprint evo

riironman is just getting started
i extracted the oems to the kitchen but i still do not know how to put it in. i made my first kitchen but i couldnt find all the extras? I read the help but still confused.
Old 11-23-2007, 08:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: sprint evo

riironman is just getting started
when i first start the kitchen is says unknown carrier type,then module ppcgeeks module not found...
Old 11-23-2007, 08:56 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800 Titan (on Sprint) / PPC6700 (Sprint) Apache / Sprint Touch

tiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to tiermann Send a message via Yahoo to tiermann
The "Out of Memory" error means you have too many items selected and your ROM is over-full.

The "unknown carrier type" means you have no carrier selected in the carrier dropdown box. Select your carrier and go to file->save.

Also, you don't extract PPCGeeks_OEM.rar. You just save it to your installation directory. If you installed the kitchen to C:\BuildOS then you save the rar to C:\BuildOS\PPCGeeks_OEM.rar.

All covered already in the appropriate bug threads.

Fresh2Death: You may also want to download a newer version of the kitchen.
Old 11-23-2007, 09:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Fresh2Death is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkawal View Post
too much stuff in your build.......please list the items that you checked off........i had this problem quite a few times already.......constantly flashing, trying new builds,etc.
HTC Album, HTC Camera, Comm Manager 10-button, dotFred Task Manager, SlideSound, SoftKey Applet, WM5torage, SD Card Support Only, Windows Update, .Net Compact Framework, Bluetooth A2DP Driver, Bluetooth HlD Driver, all games except AllMobileMines, TripYzee, and CrossWords, Office Mobile, OneNote Mobile, Adobe Reader for Pocket PC, HTC Vogue Default Dialer, WM6VolP, HTC Smartdialing, Vibrating Dial Pad, HTC Touch Keyboard, Null Keyboard, SIPChange, TouchPal, Windows Live, Adobe Flash Lite, Adobe Flash Player, SPB Calculator skin, Advanced Configuration, Cleartype On, HTC Home, Arcsoft MMS, Contact Changer, Cyberon Voice Commander, Esmertec Jbed Java, Flash Video Bundle, HTC Audio Manager, HTC Steaming Media Player, HTC WMP Skin, Sprint TV, TCPMP, HTC Performance, Oxios Memory, HTC Task Manager, Pocket RAR, FdcSoft PIM Backup, Windows Live Search, Black Keyboard Skin.

is this too much? :P
Old 11-23-2007, 10:40 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Did you get an "Error building ROM" and the last message in the BuildStatus window says something like used memory greater than Max memory? If so, then you have too much selected.
Old 11-24-2007, 12:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Fresh2Death is a n00b
yup. i tried to cram too much in there. thx everyone for pointing that out for me. *caution* noob in the kitchen

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development