PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2007, 02:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Verizon

PRSPower is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Calling all Sprint users: PRL question

I have flashed about 10 Verizon Apaches with the new Kitchen and always do a *228 to update the PRL when I am done flashing. I have a friend with a Sprint Apache that wanted me to update her phone. I did and it went perfectly as expected, but I am at a loss as to how to update the PRL on a Sprint. Should I even worry about it? What is the best practice on a Sprint phone?
Old 11-20-2007, 02:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC 6850
Carrier: Sprint

divedr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivedr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivedr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivedr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivedr is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Have her dial sprint customer support and they will send the latest PRL directly to her phone, they do it for me every month!
Old 11-20-2007, 03:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Threadstarter

PRSPower is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by divedr View Post
Have her dial sprint customer support and they will send the latest PRL directly to her phone, they do it for me every month!
Cool, thanks. That must be a pain for all you Sprint users that flash your phone as often as I do.

I called them, asked for the OTA PRL update, gave it two minutes and called *2 from the phone and it worked like a champ.
Old 11-20-2007, 04:43 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
there are a lot of ways to put a PRL into the phone that don't involve dialing *2

But that's the easy way for most end users... there is a thread somewhere on here showing how to do it if you have the prl file using the ppst app on the phone. I have no idea where it is, but if you search for it, you have as much a chance as I do of finding it
Old 11-20-2007, 08:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC diamond w/groove 5 21232
Carrier: radio 1.11.00F on Sprint, 60652

bacspasm is becoming a great contributor
Flashing PRL for sprint PPC6700

Ok here you go:

1) Go to corolada.com/prl first and get the latest PRL for your apache - currently is 20229.

2) Paste this file on your mini SD card and reinsert into your phone

3) go to phone dialpad, enter ##775# if nothing happens press send

4) You will be promted to enter your MSL # get it from customer service if you do not have it

4) You will be on the PRL program screen, you should hopefully see the PRL by the number on screen, if you do not, you will need to browse to the location on the card.

5) hit ok and it will process the PRL update. May need a reset and then check your device info to verify you have updated.

The over the air update for the Apache does not work for me, I have had to do this almost every time.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:04 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc6700

StarDestroyer is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by bacspasm View Post
4) You will be promted to enter your MSL # get it from customer service if you do not have it
Optionally, you can use GetSPC.exe.... it runs on your phone and you'll have to type in your ESN (so you'll wanna write it down as it's kinda hard to see it with the phone running . It then spits out your MSL #.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6700

TMB_XV6700 is just getting started
What am I missing here?

The rom flash doesn't touch the PRL, so assuming the PRL was good before the upgrade, there should be no need to update it afterward, right?
(I do understand the OP, when charged with maintaining a number of phones, updating PRL every time you touch one is good practice. I just don't see the value of it for multiple rom flashes of the same phone.)
Old 11-21-2007, 11:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4

daveedem is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by bacspasm View Post
Ok here you go:

1) Go to corolada.com/prl first and get the latest PRL for your apache - currently is 20229.

2) Paste this file on your mini SD card and reinsert into your phone

3) go to phone dialpad, enter ##775# if nothing happens press send

4) You will be on the PRL program screen, you should hopefully see the PRL by the number on screen, if you do not, you will need to browse to the location on the card.

5) hit ok and it will process the PRL update. May need a reset and then check your device info to verify you have updated.

The over the air update for the Apache does not work for me, I have had to do this almost every time.
Thanks... I just ran the update prl with no issues.

Prior to that my phone was on prl 20224.
Old 11-21-2007, 01:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc6700

StarDestroyer is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMB_XV6700 View Post
The rom flash doesn't touch the PRL, so assuming the PRL was good before the upgrade, there should be no need to update it afterward, right?
(I do understand the OP, when charged with maintaining a number of phones, updating PRL every time you touch one is good practice. I just don't see the value of it for multiple rom flashes of the same phone.)
My experience says that's a true statement. I updated my PRL to 20229 back when I was running hemi_c's experimental WM6 ROM. I've flashed many times since then and I'm still at PRL 20229. IIRC, the phone came with 20224.
Old 11-22-2007, 01:11 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

pdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuff
While we are on this subject, what is the latest PRL from Sprint?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development