PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Text messaging (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=12069)

PUREKB 11-19-2007 09:15 AM

Text messaging

Ok im sure its been said before. But i could not find it anywhere. So sorry in advance..

Ok here's the problem. I can not get text messaging to work for me. I just did a clean install and have not done anything else to the unit. still nothing. Someone please help a guy out.

thanks

hefman 11-19-2007 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PUREKB (Post 125414)
Ok im sure its been said before. But i could not find it anywhere. So sorry in advance..

Ok here's the problem. I can not get text messaging to work for me. I just did a clean install and have not done anything else to the unit. still nothing. Someone please help a guy out.

thanks

You might start by giving a little more info. What carrier are you on? What ROM did you install? Was it the kitchen? If so, what did you include in your build? If not, did you let the customizations run? Etc, etc...

verizonguy 11-19-2007 01:58 PM

Clean install of what? An official carrier rom? A rom you made yourself from the most recent kitchen? Someone else's rom?

We need more information. If this was from a rom you made from the current kitchen, please post this in the kitchen bugs thread stickied to the top of the forum. If it is from using someone's custom rom, post it in their thread. If it is from an official carrier's rom, please post which carrier and a link to the download you used.
Thanks.

PUREKB 11-19-2007 02:38 PM

this is what i installed from the newest Kitchen which i downloaded this morning from the site along with the oems.
my carrier is verizion

pim backup
bluetooth A2DP Driver
Bluetooth HID Driver
SPB Black 47 Calculator skin
verizon
extrom unlock
additional ringtones
additional themes
adobe reader for pocket pc
office excel
office word
GSFinder+ (dutty WM6 Explorer)
total comander
Solitare and buble breaker
chess
kevtris
Ms Pacman
Pocket sand
TripYzee
comm mangager (10 button)
FTouchflo
HTC Camera
windows live
adobe flash lite
adobe flash player
esmertec jbed java
BL Black Keyboard skin
Windows Live search
Arcsoft MMS
HTC Audio Manager
TCPMP
HTC Performance
HTC Vouge Default Dialer
SD and SDHC Card support
Enterprise Protocols
Net compact framework 3.5
HTC Taskmanager 2.0
Wireless Modem (Wmodem)
HTC Home 2.0
Advanced configuration
Cyberon Voice Commander

PUREKB 11-20-2007 09:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
ok the only issue i have found with this is the following:

when triing to send a text message I get the following error
Error Class: Permanent
Cause Code: SMS Org.D.
Delivery Failed

when triing to send MMS message I get the following error
Error
Originator Address Not Found

I would apprecate any help on this please.

hefman 11-20-2007 12:18 PM

I'm surprised you were able to squeeze that much stuff in without maxing out your ROM.

I'm not the expert on this, but I can suggest a couple things...

Did you do your OTA programming after flashing? If not, try doing the *228 (option 1) and see if that helps. Not sure if it will, but it's quick and painless.

Unless you get some other advice, since you've cooked so much into your ROM, I would suggest starting over with a more bare bones ROM, test it to make sure SMS works, and then start adding programs back in to your build until you find what breaks it. Maybe someone has a better suggestion for you, but that would be mine.