PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2007, 10:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: rhod100
Carrier: ctel

mda71 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Bootup Screen with new Kitchen

First of all, I want to thank all the guys who made or contributed to the new kitchen. Your hard work has made many HTC PPC6700 users happy.

My question is:

Is there a way to make remove the top banner which appears on the Bootup Screen? I have tried making my own Bootup screen using "apachesplash_154_177" but it seems to always fail.

I am using the "Helmi_WM6_Apache_Kitchen_071117_1.exe" & "PPCGeeks_OEM.rar" to create/"COOK" my new creations on my VX6700.
Old 11-18-2007, 11:11 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Originally Posted by mda71 View Post
First of all, I want to thank all the guys who made or contributed to the new kitchen. Your hard work has made many HTC PPC6700 users happy.

My question is:

Is there a way to make remove the top banner which appears on the Bootup Screen? I have tried making my own Bootup screen using "apachesplash_154_177" but it seems to always fail.

I am using the "Helmi_WM6_Apache_Kitchen_071117_1.exe" & "PPCGeeks_OEM.rar" to create/"COOK" my new creations on my VX6700.
No, it is not possible to remove the banner.

Any 240x320 pic that windows understands can be used as a splash (.bmp and .png are known to work). If the thumbnail is visible in buildos, then it'll work.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

KidGixxer is keeping up the good workKidGixxer is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by mda71 View Post

My question is:

Is there a way to make remove the top banner which appears on the Bootup Screen?
lol By removing the top banner you really don't want to thank the people that did all the hard work, do you?
Old 11-19-2007, 04:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Sprint)
Carrier: Sprint

Snager is just getting started
bootscreen

anyone have issues with their bootscreen with green colors all over?
Old 11-19-2007, 04:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Dell

trehouse is just getting started
Snager, I've seen the green on the 1st boot screen. It's also mentioned in the bugs thread. In my case it was related to my custom boot screen format however I'm not sure as of yet what specifically it was. I went back to the original and there was no problem.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc6700

StarDestroyer is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snager View Post
anyone have issues with their bootscreen with green colors all over?
Yes I have... using Apache3.nb around the horizon and some in the water....
Old 11-19-2007, 06:27 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
i only had it happen the first time i booted up the new rom after flashing, since then all splashscreens have been normal.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:09 PM
Deep Thinker

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
when you double click the thumbnail picture in BuildOS, is there greening? If so, the problem is in your original. If not, and the greening is only visible during the boot process, please post the original file so that I may resolve this issue.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Dell

trehouse is just getting started
When starting up the kitchen I receive an error that the boot screen must be 320X320. I ignored it thinking that it's for a VGA build however I'm not wondering if this could have been my issue all along. I tried a few different formats (.jpg, .png) and both built OK but both were green until I went back to a default boot screen.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:41 PM
Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by trehouse View Post
When starting up the kitchen I receive an error that the boot screen must be 320X320. I ignored it thinking that it's for a VGA build however I'm not wondering if this could have been my issue all along. I tried a few different formats (.jpg, .png) and both built OK but both were green until I went back to a default boot screen.
For QVGA devices (like Apache and Titanl):
boot splash should be 240x320
main splash should be 320x320

If your image is too big, it will be cropped to the upper left corner. If it's too small, your image will be padded to the correct size (supposed to be padded w/ black, but I never verified)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development