PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2007, 07:39 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snager View Post
anyone have issues with their bootscreen with green colors all over?
This issue is resolved. Please get the latest BuildOS.exe, available form post #1 in the BuildOS sticky at the top of the forum.
Old 11-22-2007, 04:17 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: PPC-6700 / Touch Pro/ EVO
Carrier: Sprint

NLANA is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by mda71 View Post
First of all, I want to thank all the guys who made or contributed to the new kitchen. Your hard work has made many HTC PPC6700 users happy.

My question is:

Is there a way to make remove the top banner which appears on the Bootup Screen? I have tried making my own Bootup screen using "apachesplash_154_177" but it seems to always fail.

I am using the "Helmi_WM6_Apache_Kitchen_071117_1.exe" & "PPCGeeks_OEM.rar" to create/"COOK" my new creations on my VX6700.
kitchen_config.txt
BootSplashBanner=Banner.nb,1680
Old 11-22-2007, 06:11 PM
Indigenous Nudist
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Torx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIP
^lmao

no thanks to helmi on my ppc, JUST KIDDING.
Old 11-22-2007, 10:39 PM
Deep Thinker

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
sigh.

Some people just can't take a hint.
Old 11-22-2007, 11:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

Kolano is becoming a great contributor
Overwriting "Banner.nb" in "Apache_Helmi_WM6\Apache_Helmi_WM6.rar" with your desired boot screen will remove the boot banner.

I appreciate the desire to thank/promote Helmi/PPC Geeks, but the point of the kitchen is partially to let one set up one's phone as desired. I didn't want graffiti on my boot screen either.

Last edited by Kolano; 11-23-2007 at 12:02 AM.
Old 11-23-2007, 09:35 AM
Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolano View Post
Overwriting "Banner.nb" in "Apache_Helmi_WM6\Apache_Helmi_WM6.rar" with your desired boot screen will remove the boot banner.
Please do not do this - it is grossly unsafe and will undoubtedly brick someones device.

I'd just as soon you guys didn't instruct people to manipulate the .rar. It's not necessary, dangerous, and very problematic for support.
Old 11-23-2007, 11:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

tjarnold is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to tjarnold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolano View Post
Trying this has had two seperate results for me.

1. A couple times I have gotten a WSOD and ended up reflashing again.
2. When it did work, the apache boots up much slower.

Final opinion for me is that I will just live with the banner. I really wanted it without, but I will just wait and hope that Helmi_c will allow its removal in the future.
Old 11-23-2007, 07:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO

edufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidGixxer View Post
lol By removing the top banner you really don't want to thank the people that did all the hard work, do you?
actually, i was curious about this as well... but not for that reason. I was hoping that helmi could put his stamp somewhere else in the phone... like in the device info section or something. My concern with his banner where it is... is because I created a splash screen with my owner info and a message saying "useless if stolen." the average thief does not know about re-flashing. but, with helmi's banner, and ppcgeeks listed, the average thief might think to search those things and find the info on how to erase the stuff that I flashed... thus making the stolen device more appealing. so my question would be... could helmi stamp the phone somewhere else?
Old 11-23-2007, 09:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800 Titan (on Sprint) / PPC6700 (Sprint) Apache / Sprint Touch

tiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to tiermann Send a message via Yahoo to tiermann
The average thief is gonna sell it anyway.
Old 11-23-2007, 09:31 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO

edufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiermann View Post
The average thief is gonna sell it anyway.
or they... or the buyer... would likely return for reward... because that is what i have right under "useless if stolen." The average thief or buyer would pretend they found it and return it if they saw that... but add the ppcgeeks and helmi at the top, and the average buyer would probably search that and find the way to erase my disclamer.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development