PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2007, 01:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6700

grease357 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cleanest and Fastest OS?

Hi gang,

I have been an XV6700 user for about three months now. For the most part, I love it. It really is such a versatile phone platform, and I love being able to customize the phone in so many ways.

However, as of late I've become more and more fed up with the seemingly "laggy" response time of nearly every action in Windows Mobile. I know that this is more of a WIndows Mobile issue than an HTC Apache issue. So I would like to extend a question to the users of this forum.

Which OS version (Be it Windows Mobile 5 or 6 and ANY of its available cooked ROMs) is the "quickest?"

I've used the Helmi's Clean WM6 to some success, and have recently switched back to Verizon's latest WM5 update and have been disappointed.

So please, what do you all use to get the most speed and response from your device?

Last edited by grease357; 11-18-2007 at 02:00 PM.
Old 11-18-2007, 02:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Verizon

TMB_XV6700 is just getting started
grease,
I don't know about Robmayer's latest, but using a kitchen custom without any junk, I found really good speed improvement by using the HTC Performance app - overclocking without measurably overclocking(?) I also use the scrolling speed improvement hack from XDA-developers that makes a huge difference in IE - also seems to speed up scrolling in all the onboard apps. Very snappy now.
No surprise you were disappointed with Verizon's latest - I tried it for a couple hours and punted. Hope you used the sanitized ppcgeeks version and won't have bootloader issues.....
Old 11-18-2007, 02:36 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

grease357 is a n00b
Where is this HTC Performance App located?

Thanks for the info too!
Old 11-18-2007, 02:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Verizon

TMB_XV6700 is just getting started
It's in the kitchen now. Never saw a cab for it, but I read you can simply extract the executable from the kitchen OEM and run it directly on your device. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=11573

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development