PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2007, 02:48 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

edufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
has anyone gotten the native WM6 voip to work in this build? did it even get fixed?
Old 11-18-2007, 03:07 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazybones View Post
I don't see the password lockup issue in the list of fixes or in a list of known issues.. Should I assume it is still present?
That is correct. Believe me when (if) we manage to fix it it will show up in the changelog. I'm sorry if it's a bug that highly impacts you--we've just not figured out the cause nor fix yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edufur View Post
has anyone gotten the native WM6 voip to work in this build? did it even get fixed?
To my knowledge VoIP works although there are CDMA-caused limitations. Please post (or link to if already posted) your specific issue with it and hopefully tiermann or lennysh will come by and help you figure it out (I have never used it so would not be of much help there).

Last edited by luv2chill; 11-18-2007 at 03:09 AM.
Old 11-18-2007, 04:03 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: sprint

Wizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
OK, I think I figured it out. The only problem I have now is with the "Boot Splash." It seems to have a greenish tinge to the picture, even though it is black and white! I used the converter to save it and it worked better than just a plain .jpg, which was all green.

The "Main Splash" worked fine when I got it close to the correct size and saved it as .png file. You can name it anything with the .png extension.

Everything else seems to work perfectly so far.

Tiermann, your OEMizer works great now. Everything goes in the right places!!!

Thanks to everyone who worked on this Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-18-2007, 04:21 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Kolano is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazybones View Post
I don't see the password lockup issue in the list of fixes or in a list of known issues.. Should I assume it is still present?
You likely should, I just haven't had time to pull over unresolved bugs from prior releases yet.
Old 11-18-2007, 11:28 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzard View Post
OK, I think I figured it out. The only problem I have now is with the "Boot Splash." It seems to have a greenish tinge to the picture, even though it is black and white! I used the converter to save it and it worked better than just a plain .jpg, which was all green.

The "Main Splash" worked fine when I got it close to the correct size and saved it as .png file. You can name it anything with the .png extension.

Everything else seems to work perfectly so far.

Tiermann, your OEMizer works great now. Everything goes in the right places!!!

Thanks to everyone who worked on this Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please post or PM me your .jpg that gets the greenish tinge.
Old 11-18-2007, 11:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700
Carrier: reliance

sunny1974 is a n00b
i downloaded the latest release and cooked a rom .. it works ok.. apart from a few issues..
1. the pocket c m doesnt let me customise anything.. it doesnt let me sms anyone apart from the people who have already msged me before.. it gives a special sms list.. i think its a bit buggy and interfered with a few other things too..maybee touchflo.. not sure though.. i think the earlier touchflo working simple contacts list was much better...
2. the oxios application has only got one heading in it as compared to previous rom i built from 07_1 version.. the hibernate option is there but the earlier main application which freed much more memory isnt there. and this one hangs a bit sumtimes.
3. the spb plus isnt upgraded .. i did download the upgraged oem and dragged it to the oem folder.. afterwards but havnt build since then..
4. even the spb suite askes for registration... maybee its coz of the plus part being not registered..
5. does 02 does anything apart from being a x button?(its banner screams lots more lol) it doesnt even show up as an option in the today screen . just there on the x button -later i transfered it with the com button on the lower right of screen.
6. since i have a ruim card slot soldered the option transfer sim contacts in the advanced configeration doesnt do anything?
the program which is supposed to do this actualy doesnt show up anywhere? i did check it during the cooking...sim tool kit.?
thanks for the really cool kitchen .. it rocks.. the cooking was a pleasure..
all the e mails n all were customised and working flawlessly..
thanks a ton for all the hard work...
Attached Files
File Type: txt Apache_Helmi_WM6 Selectionsa.txt (5.3 KB, 18 views) Click for barcode!
Old 11-18-2007, 01:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Kolano is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny1974 View Post
i downloaded the latest release and cooked a rom .. it works ok.. apart from a few issues..
1. the pocket c m doesnt let me customise anything.. it doesnt let me sms anyone apart from the people who have already msged me before.. it gives a special sms list.. i think its a bit buggy and interfered with a few other things too..maybee touchflo.. not sure though.. i think the earlier touchflo working simple contacts list was much better...
2. the oxios application has only got one heading in it as compared to previous rom i built from 07_1 version.. the hibernate option is there but the earlier main application which freed much more memory isnt there. and this one hangs a bit sumtimes.
3. the spb plus isnt upgraded .. i did download the upgraged oem and dragged it to the oem folder.. afterwards but havnt build since then..
4. even the spb suite askes for registration... maybee its coz of the plus part being not registered..
5. does 02 does anything apart from being a x button?(its banner screams lots more lol) it doesnt even show up as an option in the today screen . just there on the x button -later i transfered it with the com button on the lower right of screen.
6. since i have a ruim card slot soldered the option transfer sim contacts in the advanced configeration doesnt do anything?
the program which is supposed to do this actualy doesnt show up anywhere? i did check it during the cooking...sim tool kit.?
thanks for the really cool kitchen .. it rocks.. the cooking was a pleasure..
all the e mails n all were customised and working flawlessly..
thanks a ton for all the hard work...
  1. You can customize PocketCM by creating a theme for it (refer the PocketCM site), adding the theme to the Windows folder, and selecting it within PocketCM (hold the phone icon for a couple seconds and a second row of buttons including a configuration option will appear).

The SMS issue is strange as SMS messaging work's fine for me currently. Can you send SMS via other tools? Also, I believe SMS links are only shown for those with a "mobile" number listed, do you use a different field to store your contact numbers?
  2. Note "Removed Oxios "closeapps" shortcut and exe." in the changelog. Though I'm not 100% sure the specific driver behind doing so, the "closeapps" app was apparently causing some issue.
  3. Adding the updated OEM doesn't replace the old one, you probably need to select the new version.
  4. All the SPB products are commercial software for which licenses must be purchased.
  5. All the 02 plus options are normally packaged together. I thing the 02 Plus description is in regards to the full package. Currently selecting O2 plus without the other O2 options should result in just a different x button app.
  6. I don't have a sim card so I can't reproduce.

Last edited by Kolano; 11-18-2007 at 02:20 PM.
Old 11-18-2007, 02:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: AT&T

hefman is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
Please post or PM me your .jpg that gets the greenish tinge.
I can confirm the greenish tinge problem with both the default Apache3.nb and a custom png I tried to use. The custom graphic was much worse though. I'll PM you a copy of the custom file.
Old 11-18-2007, 02:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700
Carrier: reliance

sunny1974 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolano View Post
  1. You can customize PocketCM by creating a theme for it (refer the PocketCM site), adding the theme to the Windows folder, and selecting it within PocketCM (hold the phone icon for a couple seconds and a second row of buttons including a configuration option will appear).

The SMS issue is strange as SMS messaging work's fine for me currently. Can you send SMS via other tools? Also, I believe SMS links are only shown for those with a "mobile" number listed, do you use a different field to store your contact numbers?
  2. Note "Removed Oxios "closeapps" shortcut and exe." in the changelog. Though I'm not 100% sure the specific driver behind doing so, the "closeapps" app was apparently causing some issue.
  3. Adding the updated OEM doesn't replace the old one, you probably need to select the new version.
  4. All the SPB products are commercial software for which licenses must be purchased.
  5. All the 02 plus options are normally packaged together. I thing the 02 Plus description is in regards to the full package. Currently selecting O2 plus without the other O2 options should result in just a different x button app.
  6. I don't have a sim card so I can't reproduce.
thanks for the quick answers.. i noticed the 2 removed oxios files in the previous oem folder and this one.. does it mean if i add those 2 files in the folder or replace the whole folder for oxios it will give me the previous version which was working great for me?
does it mean the latest 4 version for spb plus is shareware as well.. i do have a working version 3.sumthing i think.. so i shd convert that thru omeizer and then put it in the kitchen?

i was able to send sms messages normally but not thru pc manager.. as far as being able to sms to only mobile phs .. here we can msg to land lines as well.. or fixed wireless phs(they have the same no of digits and u cant know the differnce.... i dont save each n every ph as a mobile or landline.. and i usually had an option to send a text msg to each one of them previously..
thanks again guess that means o2 and pc m go out the window next build.. prob spb to...unless i m able to oemise the windows installer file sumhow..or sumone tells me the latest version omeised here is working and not required to be registered..
Old 11-18-2007, 03:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700 (Apache) ;PPC 6800 (Mogul)

naigaboy is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to naigaboy Send a message via MSN to naigaboy
The reason for removing Oxios closeapps from Oxios memory is because it closed every application but the last application that was used. That is a good idea, but not efficient considering there is no exclude list.
Example of the problem is that it will close activesync if that wasnt the last application used, which is not good if you are syncing email and contacts.
Oxios hibernate doesnt cause you any problems.

Hey Brian, Its been 24 hrs, Got my money?
Stop playing with me man.
This what happens man.
You got till 5 o'clock

Kitchen Info:

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development