PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2007, 05:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC6700
Carrier: Sprint

kenton is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
i did the update everything went ok, my only problem is with text messages. i can send them ok its when i'm recieving them thats the problem whenever i get a text it doesn't tell me who its from. is there a way i can fix this
Old 11-18-2007, 05:19 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: sprint

Wizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
GGuruusa, here is the picture. When I used a color picture, it was all green!

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg churchill.jpg (16.3 KB, 31 views) Click for barcode!
Old 11-18-2007, 05:51 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenton View Post
i did the update everything went ok, my only problem is with text messages. i can send them ok its when i'm recieving them thats the problem whenever i get a text it doesn't tell me who its from. is there a way i can fix this
Who is your carrier? And did you select that carrier in the "Carrier Customize" section?

Please post your selections.txt that you used to build the ROM with.
Old 11-18-2007, 06:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 6700-->6800-->BB Tour-->Pre-->Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

friguy3 is keeping up the good workfriguy3 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to friguy3 Send a message via Yahoo to friguy3
Anyone use the newer cyberon voice speed dial? When i tried it, the button on my BT headset wont initiate it. The older voice speed dial it would. tried changing some regedits but nothing, here is what i changed but nothing.

HKLM/software/oem/voicecommand/path = windows/voicecommand (sddialer with the old cyberon)
HKLM/software/microsoft/bluetooth/audiogateway/BTAGExtModule with btagext.dll and OEMAGW.dll (for the older cyberon)

Old 11-18-2007, 06:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC6700

kenton is a n00b
i have a sprint ppc 6700 also i did select the correct carrier
everything works fine it just doesn't display who sent me the text
Old 11-18-2007, 07:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch pro
Carrier: sprint

nelly48237 is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to nelly48237
when i pick my selections and attempt to build my rom, i get error: 'could not find 'C:\BUILDOS\TEMP\DUMP\.NETCF 3.5RC2\imageinfo.bin.... any ideals why this is happening?
Edit/Delete Message
Old 11-18-2007, 07:40 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO

edufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2chill View Post
To my knowledge VoIP works although there are CDMA-caused limitations. Please post (or link to if already posted) your specific issue with it and hopefully tiermann or lennysh will come by and help you figure it out (I have never used it so would not be of much help there).
I know about the CDMA limitations, but it is supposed to work with WiFi... and it doesnt. To my knowledge, no one has gotten it to work on the 6700 even with WiFi. The way it is supposed to behave is that I should be able to put in all the provisioning data in the VOIP setup, and then (when wifi is active), the login occurs behind the scenes and the VOIP should show up on the today screen as connected. This is not happening. I know that I have all my provisioning data correct and the network is available. it just doesnt seem to make sense.
Old 11-18-2007, 07:42 PM
Lurker

xv6700ft is a n00b
Super slow all of a suden

First, thank you to everyone that has put together WM6 for this device. You guys are awesome. I upgraded from WM5 1.04 to the latest WM6. It was running great, and all of a sudden the thing is running super slow. The problem started when I had a lockup. I reset the device, and I have to put a pin number in because of work exchange. I have the pin number problem mentioned in the known bugs. Usually, the phone connects to the network and the pin takes a few extra seconds. This time, it took forever, like 5 minutes to load everything once the pin finally took, which also took several minutes. Does anyone know what can be causing this? I thought it was the overclocking, but turning that off did nothing.
Old 11-18-2007, 07:57 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Quote:
Originally Posted by xv6700ft View Post
First, thank you to everyone that has put together WM6 for this device. You guys are awesome. I upgraded from WM5 1.04 to the latest WM6. It was running great, and all of a sudden the thing is running super slow. The problem started when I had a lockup. I reset the device, and I have to put a pin number in because of work exchange. I have the pin number problem mentioned in the known bugs. Usually, the phone connects to the network and the pin takes a few extra seconds. This time, it took forever, like 5 minutes to load everything once the pin finally took, which also took several minutes. Does anyone know what can be causing this? I thought it was the overclocking, but turning that off did nothing.
It's a known issue, unfortunately--with no fix at the current time (other than avoiding soft resets). From other reports it can also happen occasionally when the phone is awoken from suspend but does not most of the time.

Every WM6 ROM for the Apache has suffered from this, so if it's a show-stopped for you, unfortunately you'll have to go back to WM5 for the time being.
Old 11-18-2007, 07:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO

edufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good work
the pin problem is a puzzler. i switched to strong pin and the problem went away. i figured it was worth the inconvenience of a few extra seconds typing vs touching in order to eliminate the stall. plus, my device is a little extra secure now. i am sure they will figure it out eventually.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development