PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2008, 04:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

tcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy ActiveSync to WM6.1 doesn't Sync

I have installed 6.1 and everything seams to work fine. However my ActiveSync will not download anything to the phone. I can click explore and copy files but no contacts or favorites or anything. I have tried deleting the mobile device on both my PC and my phone. It recognizes that the device is there when I plug the phone back in but my contacts etc never sync. I am using Windows Xp and ActiveSync 4.5.0.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 03-24-2008, 07:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

tcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: ActiveSync to WM6.1 doesn't Sync

The problem was with my Favorites. I deleted the device, re-flashed, rebuilt the os, etc. Tried everything and finally decided to try only syncing contacts. That worked so I found out the favorites folder was the problem. I moved my shortcuts out of the Mobile Favorites folder and let ActiveSync recreate the folder. Then it synced. I copied the favorites back and it Synced. All is now well.
Old 03-24-2008, 10:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700
Carrier: reliance

sunny1974 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcbusch View Post
The problem was with my Favorites. I deleted the device, re-flashed, rebuilt the os, etc. Tried everything and finally decided to try only syncing contacts. That worked so I found out the favorites folder was the problem. I moved my shortcuts out of the Mobile Favorites folder and let ActiveSync recreate the folder. Then it synced. I copied the favorites back and it Synced. All is now well.
are you able to sync properly with 2 different computers or microsoft server? and are u able to sync ur appointments as well or u get sum error code over there? i had major problems with active sync and gave me an error code. and had to revert back to wm6 as it wont just sync my appointments..
Old 03-25-2008, 03:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I am not syncing with exchange server or anything. I Sync only for contacts, favorites, and appointments. It has been syncing fine ever since I deleted my Mobile Favorites folder inside my Internet Explorer favorites. I was even able to add my favorites back in.
Old 07-30-2008, 06:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

ajmacht is a n00b

The new release from HTC (Rom 3.03.651.4) which contains WM6.1 will not sync with my exchange server 2003. If you sync only email and nothing else.. I can get it to work.. but if you try to sync email, contacts, calendar etc.. it shows a repllog.exe error and won't sync. I've talked to Sprint and HTC on the phone.. they both have no answers. Seems like they need to make WM6.1 and Activesync backwards compatible since WM6.0 worked.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:53 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Lilman11388 is a n00b

On my mogul it kinda has the same problem. The sound chimes it, but it says it's not connected, it attempts to connect but then it says "you must upgrade your Active Sync to 4.5". But I already did that a while ago and it was working fine until I installed the ROM upgrade, and 6.1upgrade
Old 08-06-2008, 11:19 AM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

I had very similar issues. Reinstalling active sync has worked- make sure you have the newest build.
Sometimes it takes a hard-reset of the device, but that's usually when it won't sync at all.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development