PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2007, 04:14 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

edufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
i went from 1.27 to 1.41 and actually almost didnt want to since my signal at home was great at 4 bars under 1.27. I was figuring I would see no change. Well, I am shocked that now I have a steady 5 bars and less battery drain. So, the next big test will be how well it does in the office... I was always at 1 bar (at best) there. I didn't think 5 bars was possible... this leads me to believe that there is something fake about the new radio. Although I cannot deny the power improvement. BTW: is 1.43 working for sprint?
Old 11-26-2007, 04:56 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
1.43 works fine for sprint, not much diff (or no diff) from 1.41
Old 11-26-2007, 05:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (xv6850)
Carrier: Verizon

SilvOreo is a n00b
Losing Data Connection

I upgraded from Radio 1.10 to 1.43 and haven't seen a noticeable gain: Still getting 1-2 bars of 1x at home - neighborhood is a known cellular deadspot but VZW hasn't done anything about it.

However, I have noticed that sometimes after a voice call the data connection won't reestablish: Browser won't connect to anything and Activesync won't connect to exchange server no matter how many times or for how long I try either. After an hour of voice connections but no data, I sent myself a text message and then the Activesync would reconnect when I forced it. This happens fairly regularly over the last two weeks since I upgraded. It happens at home, at work, and on the road. I know voice calls are always 1x, and the phone usually goes back into EV-DO after the call, but sometimes I have to just reset the phone to get the data connection back on.

Has anyone had this experience with the newer radio? Could it be a WM6 problem (I installed that at the same time so I can't tell which is the cause)? Could it be a tower switching problem with either the radio or WM6? I do have the latest PRL.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

JBabey is just getting started
Send a message via ICQ to JBabey Send a message via AIM to JBabey Send a message via MSN to JBabey Send a message via Yahoo to JBabey Send a message via Skype™ to JBabey
1.43 hosed my phones radio so i would avoid it like the plague (sprint). 1.41 worked wonderfully and i wish i never put 1.43 on my device.

If i had to wager a guess I would say that 1.43 runs the radio out of tolerance ranges and is a slow death for your hardware. It also may just be a coincidence that after i installed 1.43 i got horrid reception dropped calls, shit internet tethering. It also would not let me downgrade (yes i know what im doing).

Anyways 1.41 is excellent, 1.27 was great as well.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible
Carrier: Verizon-Alltel

digi is keeping up the good workdigi is keeping up the good workdigi is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilvOreo View Post
I upgraded from Radio 1.10 to 1.43 and haven't seen a noticeable gain: Still getting 1-2 bars of 1x at home - neighborhood is a known cellular deadspot but VZW hasn't done anything about it.

However, I have noticed that sometimes after a voice call the data connection won't reestablish: Browser won't connect to anything and Activesync won't connect to exchange server no matter how many times or for how long I try either. After an hour of voice connections but no data, I sent myself a text message and then the Activesync would reconnect when I forced it. This happens fairly regularly over the last two weeks since I upgraded. It happens at home, at work, and on the road. I know voice calls are always 1x, and the phone usually goes back into EV-DO after the call, but sometimes I have to just reset the phone to get the data connection back on.

Has anyone had this experience with the newer radio? Could it be a WM6 problem (I installed that at the same time so I can't tell which is the cause)? Could it be a tower switching problem with either the radio or WM6? I do have the latest PRL.
I'm having similar problems since upgrading, except mine seems to be sending calls to voicemail when I'm using a data connection, and when it does ring, the phone freezes for a short time if I try to answer it. Then after it unfreezes, I cant call out or connect data again because it tells me to end the current phone call, even though I'm not in a call because the phone froze while answering.

I actually just made another thread about this problem, I didn't see this thread when I searched the first time. I upgraded from 1.1 and I had high hopes considering all the good things I had heard about the radio upgrades. But really I wish I would have stayed with 1.1
Old 11-27-2007, 09:16 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: PPC-6700

bobonit is a n00b
I went from 1.27 to 1.41 and have not had any problems, I'm on sprint. I always had 5 bars at my home, but with 1.27 would only get about 400kbps on evdo. After upgrading to 1.41 and subsequently 1.43, I can get 1.3mb on evdo about 90% of the time. 1.43 seems to be as stable as 1.41 in my area, no dropped calls or evdo disconnects. I'm in South Fla.
Old 11-28-2007, 08:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: sprint

Wizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
1.43 gives me one more bar than the previous radios.

Has been working perfectly since I installed it.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium

rxb216 is just getting started
thanks for this info jbabey, being a sprint user myself, I'll stick to my 1.41, and am glad I didn't go through with the upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBabey View Post
1.43 hosed my phones radio so i would avoid it like the plague (sprint). 1.41 worked wonderfully and i wish i never put 1.43 on my device.

If i had to wager a guess I would say that 1.43 runs the radio out of tolerance ranges and is a slow death for your hardware. It also may just be a coincidence that after i installed 1.43 i got horrid reception dropped calls, shit internet tethering. It also would not let me downgrade (yes i know what im doing).

Anyways 1.41 is excellent, 1.27 was great as well.
Old 12-02-2007, 04:19 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO

edufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good work
update. while my upgrade to 1.41 (sprint) was successful, i was hoping it would improve my office reception. it did not. it didnt hurt matters though.
Old 12-02-2007, 06:30 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

sheetalc is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
I used this to upgrade my Sprint Apache a while ago.
If I use the attached file provided, will it overwrite my custom ROM? Ir just upgared the radioto 1.41? Thanks, just want to make sure.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development