PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2008, 11:39 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul (HTC 6800)
Carrier: Sprint

devsolution is keeping up the good workdevsolution is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Right-click on the BuildOS link and choose "run as administrator" (if you are not already an Administrator). I would discourage highly disabling UAC (User Account Control).

I personally run the Kitchen under Vista 32 Bit Ultimate and Vista 64 bit Enterprise just fine.

Hope this helps...
Old 01-19-2008, 04:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Apache->Mogul->TP2-> EVO 3D

Slwitek is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to Slwitek Send a message via Yahoo to Slwitek
I have been round and round with this one. I feel like I tried so many things that I cant remember what I did for each one and which drivers I used and what directions I followed. I have tried everything in this thread and could not get it to work. It sounds like to me that some people can get it to work and some cant. (kind of like Call Tones). I may try it again in the future, but I have resorted to my XP desktop machine which only seems to want to start every third time... good thing I like my ROM (except the dialer).
Old 01-19-2008, 10:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul (HTC 6800)

devsolution is keeping up the good workdevsolution is keeping up the good work
You should NOT have to use any of the hack mechanisms on the forums anymore, with WMDC 6.1 it just works (at least for me).

If you are up for it I would get back to a "clean" setup:

1) Remove any Windows Mobilde Device Center (WMDC) app by going to Control Panel/Uninstall programs then find in list and remove
2) Reboot (yes you don't have too but I always do)
3) Download the latest WMDC from the URL: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...icecenter.mspx
4) Follow the instructions to install application, when complete reboot (yes again)
5) Make sure that the phone is plugged into a USB at the comptuer or laptop and not through a hub
6) Do a sync/setup to ensure the phone is talking to the WMDC, if this works then you are golden
7) Follow the instructions with BuildOS

If you have any issues you could try:
a) Right click and run as adminstrator
or
b) Go into WMDC, Mobile Device Settings, Connections Settings then uncheck Allow USB Connections, then try build OS, just remember to turn it back on when finished flashing
or
c) do b) then a)

You may possible have a USB driver issue, you could
1) Start Menu (orb), right click on computer, choose Manage
2) Navigate to the Device Manager section
3) Find the device in the list
4) Right click on device (Network Adapters/Microsoft Windows Mobile Remote Adapter" and choose properties
5) Inspect the information about driver (date/manufacture) and determine if appropriate driver (s/b Microsoft Corporation)
6) Click on drivers tab and check to make sure is version 6.1.6965.0 with date of 5/31/2007

Above is on Vista Ultimate 32 bit and yours should be similar

if these steps don't help, you could post your exact error and maybe someone here can help.

Last edited by devsolution; 01-19-2008 at 10:54 PM.
Old 01-20-2008, 04:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Apache->Mogul->TP2-> EVO 3D

Slwitek is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to Slwitek Send a message via Yahoo to Slwitek
Like I said I am happy with my current rom, so I wont be flashing again for a least a little while. I will go ahead and reinstall and ck the drivers. I will be back if it doesnt work next time. I will be flashing my dads XV6700 soon, so it may be sooner than later!
Old 01-22-2008, 04:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vishalsheth View Post
What is UAC? I have Vista Business. It gives me error 150. Can you please help me. Mobile Device Center is 6.1. My bootloader on ppc6700 is 2.02.
I have a new HP Vista laptop & experienced exact same thing sometimes when clicking on a "ROMUpgradeUt" app.

I haven't tried kitchen on this comp yet, but BOTH the original Sprint , & also the WM6 rom that come packaged with self-installers work without any hassle at all...
Old 01-22-2008, 07:43 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post
I have a new HP Vista laptop & experienced exact same thing sometimes when clicking on a "ROMUpgradeUt" app.

I haven't tried kitchen on this comp yet, but BOTH the original Sprint , & also the WM6 rom that come packaged with self-installers work without any hassle at all...
That didn't make any sense to me. You haven't tried the kitchen, the stock ROM self-installers work without any problem, but you get the 150 error? Where did you get the RUU giving you the 150 error from? OR, are you saying that you get the error when using the kitchen on a different computer, but haven't tried it yet on this one? When you're using the kitchen, which RUU do you use? The standard and x.04+ RUUs are stock installers, so they ought to behave just like the carrier supplied RUU (since that's what they are).

When you get around to using the kitchen on your new computer, let us know what success or lack thereof you have. Also, if you could include what carrier and if you're using the same phone each time, that would help.
Old 01-31-2008, 07:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
That didn't make any sense to me. You haven't tried the kitchen, the stock ROM self-installers work without any problem, but you get the 150 error? Where did you get the RUU giving you the 150 error from? OR, are you saying that you get the error when using the kitchen on a different computer, but haven't tried it yet on this one? When you're using the kitchen, which RUU do you use? The standard and x.04+ RUUs are stock installers, so they ought to behave just like the carrier supplied RUU (since that's what they are).

When you get around to using the kitchen on your new computer, let us know what success or lack thereof you have. Also, if you could include what carrier and if you're using the same phone each time, that would help.
thank you
I am not having a problem with the kitchen... Smooth as silk
My "user account control" is off.

My problem is when NOT using the kitchen, like trying to use any Ruu for updating my radio_.nbf file, My Vista seems to not let it do it's thing...

But the stock sprint "APA_SPCS_20600_303_12700_WWE_Ship" exe always runs it's ruu no problem, like the kitchen...

So I am going to see if by inserting the radio in Before the kitchen is run,, to see if I can get my radio updated...
Old 02-11-2008, 12:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 T7381
Carrier: 2degrees

mastersm is a n00b
I am trying to upgrade my radio from 1.41 to 1.43 on Vista Business. I have copied the Radio_.nbf file to the Noid_ruu folder in Helmi's kitchen, and also Get Error 150, even when I run APACUpgradeUt_noID.exe as administrator (my user is already an administrator, and UAC is off). It checks the information on my device ok and then comes up with my device software is about to be upgraded from...to... (which are all blank). I then click upgrade and get the following message:
"ERROR 150: ROM UPGRADE UTILITY ERROR - This Rom utility is not designed for your device. Please get the proper ROM upgrade utility and try again"
Old 02-12-2008, 01:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Apache
Carrier: VZW

kcschultz is a n00b
I get the same error. Also, when I try to flash from the kitchen, it locks up my phone and I have to got to a computer running xp and flash back to the oem rom, then flash again. Only on vista with the updated WMDC.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:46 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: VX6800
Carrier: Verizon

stonecoldtx is a n00b
I must be doing SOMETHING wrong, because I can't even get Windows Mobile Device Center to even RECOGNIZE my phone as a mobile device in Vista Business!!

I am running the latest Helmi_c WM6 Kitchen, and it works just fine with Windows XP and ActiveSync--it connects up, synchronizes, etc., no problems whatsoever.

I've uninstalled and RE-installed WMDC 6.1 a half dozen times, as well as v6.0, and have follows the online "Troubleshooter" on the MS site, but NOTHING seems to work . . . it will NOT be recognized as a "Mobile Device"--the best I can get is a "Microsoft Windows Mobile Remote Adapter", and that's it. It's starting to p*ss me off!

Anybody got any ideas?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development