PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2007, 09:35 PM
Lurker

docjones is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Enable Autorun in Ext_Rom in new kitchen?

Is there a way to enable the autorun in the new kitchen? I can't seem to find anything for it anywhere, and I have a few extra large programs automatically install from there. Right now, I just manually kick off autorun.exe and it processes the config.txt for me, but I would like for those items to run automatically right after first boot like a stock rom does.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

verizonguy is becoming a great contributor
Code:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm]
“AutoRunFlag”=dword:1

Before criticizing someone, first walk a mile in his shoes...
Then when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away and have his shoes.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:10 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

docjones is a n00b
Thanks for the reply, VerizonGuy. I set this registry setting in an OEM in my kitchen with guid ffffffff-ffff-ffff-ffff-ffffffffffff but it seems that some event that runs later shifts the setting back. Presumably, I need to set it to 0, but apparently, it's always set to 1 in the kitchen no matter what I do.

I found the following info on xda-dev that further complemented your reply:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=301365
Old 11-16-2007, 01:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker

It is advisable to use a valid guid, and if necessary, only modify the first set to f's to get it to run at the end.

As for the 0/1, you have it backwards. It is a boolean switch where 0 == off && 1 == on. So, to autorun, you want the switch "on" (1).

In order to successfully run from your exented rom, you also need to define AutoRun & AutoRunCFG...sooo after you flash your rom, open a registry editor and navigate to [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm]
Make sure the AutoRun is set to \Extended_Rom\autorun.exe
Make sure the AutoRunCFG is set to your config text file, usually \Extended_Rom\config.txt.
Next make sure you actually have an autorun.exe and that you have modified config.txt to have autorun run the cabs you want run.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:47 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

docjones is a n00b
Thanks for setting me on the path, Verizonguy! I had all of those details right, but apparently I needed to leave a blank line at the end of my RGU. I found this out from the note at the top of the RGU created by OEMizer. Originally, I made that RGU from scratch a long time ago. Oemizer is a good tool, as it not only gave the option to put f's at the beginning of the guid, but also created new files for me to just cut/paste into. I like it.

Thanks again!

If any one searching for this info is interested, this is the code I used in my RGU(Don't forget the blank line at the end!):
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm]
"AutoRunFlag"=dword:1
"AutoRunType"=dword:1
"AutoRunCFG"="\\Extended_ROM\\config.txt"
"AutoRun"="\\Extended_ROM\\autorun.exe"
Old 11-16-2007, 02:18 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Originally Posted by docjones View Post
Thanks for setting me on the path, Verizonguy! I had all of those details right, but apparently I needed to leave a blank line at the end of my RGU.
One of these days I'll get around to making BuildOS compensate for that requirement...
Old 11-16-2007, 07:53 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

docjones is a n00b
Every element of this kitchen is fantastic and it's a great tool for making our phones even better. I appreciate the efforts of everyone involved in it, as well as the users on this site. In this particular case, it was very handy just to have that comment box at the top of the created RGU file. It was also nice to get such a useful reply from Verizonguy so quickly. Hopefully this will help someone in the future if they need to use the ext_rom.
Old 11-17-2007, 12:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
One of these days I'll get around to making BuildOS compensate for that requirement...
Would it be easy to make buildos add a blank line to the rgus?

We could reverse and build a new rgucomp if we have to.
Old 11-17-2007, 10:10 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Harrier, HTC Apache, HTC Titan, HTC Vogue....
Carrier: Sprint

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff
I suggest using tautoinstall.

If you have been helped by me or would like to support developers like Olipro, helmi_c, and others please feel free to Donate

ALWAYS FLASH BACK TO YOUR CARRIER'S OFFICIAL ROM BEFORE TAKING YOUR PHONE IN FOR SERVICE OF ANY KIND

Old 11-17-2007, 10:14 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800 Titan (on Sprint) / PPC6700 (Sprint) Apache / Sprint Touch
Carrier: Sprint

tiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to tiermann Send a message via Yahoo to tiermann
Tier Autoinstall is also available in the kitchen. It searches for cab files in \Storage Card, \Storage Card\Boot, Ext_ROM, and \Windows, then it gives you a checklist to choose which ones you want to install. It rewrites the config.txt (leaving other lines besides cabs intact) and then runs autorun to install them.

You can use your own custom config.txt just by dropping it in the Patches folder.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development