PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2007, 02:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6700
Threadstarter

lowestpricecopiers is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
reflashed, same problem
Old 11-16-2007, 12:14 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6700
Threadstarter

lowestpricecopiers is a n00b
I give up and want to sell as-is

OK, I give up,
my wife thinks I'm nuts playing with this phone so much so I am just going to sell it as-is and go to Verizion and buy a new one. Any one interested before I post it on ebay?
Once I get the new phone with insurance I'll be back to the kitchen to customize to the max, at least if I blow it up I can get an exchange!
Thanks for everyones help.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Yung is a n00b
I have the same problem. I have 2 PPC-6700's, one from Sprint, and one for Qwest. The Qwest is running bootloader 1.0, and the Sprint is bootloader 2.02. I have no problems loading whatever ROM I want into the Qwest phone, but when I flashed my Sprint phone, it gets stuck in the screen where I chase the cross-hairs around. I flashed back to the stock Sprint ROM, and it works fine. When I flashed to WM6 again, which is the exact same as the one I loaded into my Qwest phone, it gets stuck again. This is too weird.
Old 11-17-2007, 12:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6900 / Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

vilord is just getting started
RE: Replacement digitizer only

If you are good with *very* small, sensitive parts, you should be okay to replace just the digitizer. Just imagine on one of those newer copiers you had to replace the touchscreen...
The digitizer is held on with some sticky goop, and it has a small ribbon cable that is *attached* to the screen. Its not soldered, really, its more like a chemical bond or something. Anyway, when I replaced mine I soldered the new digitizer cable onto that same spot on the screen, took about 4 or 5 tries of pulling the thing back apart and resoldering before it worked.
As already posted, PITA.
If I had to do it again, I think I'd try to find an alternate to soldering, but I don't know what it could be.
Old 11-17-2007, 01:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

verizonguy is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by vilord View Post
If you are good with *very* small, sensitive parts, you should be okay to replace just the digitizer. Just imagine on one of those newer copiers you had to replace the touchscreen...
The digitizer is held on with some sticky goop, and it has a small ribbon cable that is *attached* to the screen. Its not soldered, really, its more like a chemical bond or something. Anyway, when I replaced mine I soldered the new digitizer cable onto that same spot on the screen, took about 4 or 5 tries of pulling the thing back apart and resoldering before it worked.
As already posted, PITA.
If I had to do it again, I think I'd try to find an alternate to soldering, but I don't know what it could be.
I had a side business of buying and reselling 6700s, some of which required repair, so I did my share of replacing defective screens. Replacing digitizers always proved to be less effective than replacing the entire LCD/Digitizer combo, and virtually all LCDs come with the digitizer included. An LCD is only around $40 on ebay with digitizer.

Before criticizing someone, first walk a mile in his shoes...
Then when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away and have his shoes.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development