PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Problem building with new ROM - error not enough memory? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=11727)

alansupra94 11-14-2007 01:51 PM

Problem building with new ROM - error not enough memory?

Well more than likely, this is something stupid that I did so I didn't want to put this in the bugs section:

Well i built the first rom for the xv6700 and it ran okay and I installed it as a trial

then i figured out exactly what I wanted and what I didn't want and when i go to rebuild it again, it says error out of memory during the build

It goes pretty far, past the registry and everything and then it starts its hexadecimal counting....and hits ffffff and says out of memory...what should i do?

Thanks alan

cliffs: build OS....get ffffff...out of memory error

avaya 11-14-2007 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alansupra94 (Post 121705)
Well more than likely, this is something stupid that I did so I didn't want to put this in the bugs section:

Well i built the first rom for the xv6700 and it ran okay and I installed it as a trial

then i figured out exactly what I wanted and what I didn't want and when i go to rebuild it again, it says error out of memory during the build

It goes pretty far, past the registry and everything and then it starts its hexadecimal counting....and hits ffffff and says out of memory...what should i do?

Thanks alan

cliffs: build OS....get ffffff...out of memory error

You've selected too many OEMs.. try removing some of the larger ones...

-avaya

Perasite 11-14-2007 02:55 PM

Or read the bugs thread. Your question has been asked and answered several hundred times. I know you didn't want to post it in the bugs thread as you thought it could be a silly question, but there is a good chance someone already experienced it (and whatever your next problem will be) so it is a good idea to read the thread to see if the answer is already there.

alansupra94 11-14-2007 04:33 PM

Processing "WMPlayer.lnk"
Processing "wmploc.dll" as module
Processing "wmpocx.dll" as module
Processing "wmppc.htm"
Processing "WmpPluginToday.dll"
Processing "wmp_WPC_disabled_240x320.gif"
Processing "wmp_WPC_disabled_Xx240.gif"
Processing "wmp_WPC_landscape.lnk"
Processing "wmp_WPC_ocx_96dpi.gif"
Processing "wmp_WPC_ocx_96dpi.skn"
Processing "wmp_WPC_player_240x320.gif"
Processing "wmp_WPC_player_240x320.skn"
Processing "wmp_WPC_player_320x240.gif"
Processing "wmp_WPC_player_320x240.skn"
Processing "wmp_WPC_portrait.lnk"
Processing "wmp_WPC_pushed_240x320.gif"
Processing "wmp_WPC_pushed_Xx240.gif"
Processing "wmp_WPC_ratings_96dpi.gif"
Processing "wmp_WPC_SeekThumb_96dpi.gif"
Processing "wmsdmod.dll"
Processing "wmStyles.css"
Processing "WMSyncCaps.xml"
Processing "wmv9decoder.dll" as module
Processing "wmvdmod.dll"
Processing "wmvdmoe.dll"
Out Of Memory
Failed: ffffffff

here is the last bit of coding...i tried unselecting alot of them and still nothing

Perasite 11-14-2007 04:38 PM

uncheck more. It is definitely stopping due to too full. wmvdmoe.dll is not the last file that needs to be loaded, so it is running out of room too early and throwing the error. Keep removing until you no longer get an error. Some big ones are MS Voice Command and MS Office.

alansupra94 11-14-2007 04:41 PM

still failing.....i tried with more off and it did get further, so I guess I will take more out

GaMedic 11-14-2007 04:47 PM

Did you uncheck Office? Also make sure you iuncheck Flash 7 and Flash lite. They are pretty large.

Perasite 11-14-2007 04:51 PM

To prove it to yourself, you can always use the stock build without adding anything. Guarantee you'll get no errors, then just add one at a time till it fails and "wah-lah" you reached the limit!

alansupra94 11-14-2007 09:21 PM

yeah i got it to work....only problem now is that I am getting a white screen with a half loading object

avaya 11-14-2007 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alansupra94 (Post 122130)
yeah i got it to work....only problem now is that I am getting a white screen with a half loading object

This still mean that you still have a little too much in the rom. Keep removing a bit more

-avaya