PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Can't find old ROMs (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=11710)

gbismack 11-14-2007 01:55 AM

Can't find old ROMs

Like many others, I quickly jumped onto the WM6 release; however, after using since it came out, I cant stand how slow the keyboard recognition is when using the messenging center (for texting, emails, etc). So I decided to go back to the trusty old Kirvin's Clean and Simple AKU 3.5...

Only problem is, when I look in the FTP I can not find them!!!! Can someone please help! Am I blind or are they gone?!

Trident 11-14-2007 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbismack (Post 121420)
Like many others, I quickly jumped onto the WM6 release; however, after using since it came out, I cant stand how slow the keyboard recognition is when using the messenging center (for texting, emails, etc). So I decided to go back to the trusty old Kirvin's Clean and Simple AKU 3.5...

Only problem is, when I look in the FTP I can not find them!!!! Can someone please help! Am I blind or are they gone?!

I believe that many of the old ROMS got wiped out by someone who didn't know how to use the FTP correctly. (I choose to believe that rather than the other option that someone deleted them intentionally just to be mean.)
I would hope that you kept a copy on your computer of (at least) your last working ROM or that you kept a backup of your device with your last good configuration.

That lecture over and lesson learned...:twisted: I have a copy of Kirvin's ROM for Sprint. I can upload it if that would be helpful. [Doing so now.]

As a sidenote, the last Kitchen has resolved the slow keyboard issue- at least the way I have it configured.

gbismack 11-14-2007 04:53 PM

I dont really care about a backup, I just care about the ROM... which I did have on DVD but for the life of me cant find it anymore :/

Thanks for uploading. I have not tried the new kitchen, I think Ill put Kirvin on and when I get time Ill play around with the new kitchen.

Thanks!

kmart9419 11-14-2007 11:17 PM

I also went back to the old rom. PIE in the newer rom is so slow. There is a noticeable delay when paging down or up. Bootup time is slower, too. I really don't see much of a difference between the 2 versions. I'm sure there are enhancements under the hood, but I prefer the speed. After going back, it was like wow.

Back on topic, I went searching all over for the roms. I can't seem to find the kitchen anymore. Can somebody please post the files. I did manage to find phoenix's old rom, but that's not the one i want to use. thanks.

Trident 11-14-2007 11:34 PM

In addition to Kirvin's, I just uploaded Colonel's last one.
Saridnour also has his last two on the FTP.

kmart9419 11-15-2007 01:30 AM

do you have a link to the ftp?

Trident 11-15-2007 09:23 AM

Apache root:
ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Apache
ID: ppcgeeks
pw: ezupload
This one works for some people so you don't have to use the ID/PW:
ftp://ppcgeeks:ezupload@ftp.ppcgeeks.com/Apache/

kmart9419 11-15-2007 11:53 AM

Thanks Trident. AKU 3.5 is so much faster than wm6. Well, to each their own I guess.