PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2007, 01:10 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: NA
Carrier: NA

KrAzY is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Issue Flashing on Vista x64

I have a Sprint PPC-6700 and Vista x64. I have the PPC-6700 synched with Windows Mobile Device Center, but I can't use the latest Kitchen to push Firmware to the phone. I load the Kitchen software, configure the settings, select the software, and build. It then builds and launches the install Wizard. Initially it detects the phone because it says you are upgrading your phone to this "version". When I click update my phone reboots into bootloader mode and then the Wizard fails to detect my phone (i.e. the Wizard comes back after a few minutes with ERROR 101: CONNECTION ERROR.

FYI: I have no problem on XP x86.

Any help appreciated.

Last edited by KrAzY; 11-14-2007 at 04:11 AM.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:40 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP
Go into the Upgrade folder in the BuildOS folder that was extracted (C:\BuildOS\Upgrade by default), and go into the RUU folder that you are using to flash your phone. (Standard, x.04+, noID) Inside the folder there should be the upgrade utility, right click on it and go to properties. Under properties, select launch as administrator and say ok, then try to flash your phone again. It should work this time.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

Schwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
It is also the drivers in WMDC you need to get the x64 ones that came with activesync 4.5
Old 11-17-2007, 05:01 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: NA
Carrier: NA
Threadstarter

KrAzY is becoming a great contributor
Thanks for the replies, but I don't run UAC and I don't won't to revert to an old version of ActiveSync...

Any other solutions out there?
Old 11-17-2007, 08:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP
make sure that you have WMDC 6.1 (latest version) and also have your phone in bootloader mode before attaching it to your system. Just as a note, I was getting the same error as you before I started running the RUU program as administrator.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:21 AM
Lurker

dyadya is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by imnuts View Post
Go into the Upgrade folder in the BuildOS folder that was extracted (C:\BuildOS\Upgrade by default), and go into the RUU folder that you are using to flash your phone. (Standard, x.04+, noID) Inside the folder there should be the upgrade utility, right click on it and go to properties. Under properties, select launch as administrator and say ok, then try to flash your phone again. It should work this time.
Confirmed working with bootloader v 1.0 - in UPGRADE/RUU folder right-click ROMUpgradeUt.exe go to properties and select Run as admin.

Thank you for the post!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development