PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2007, 06:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint PCS

psiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Red face Hyperlink Phone Numbers

Just saw this in my Windows Tips & Tricks newsletter and thought I would share and see if this works in the current WM6 ROM... (Not using it yet so replys with results would be welcome...)

Q. How do I configure Windows Mobile 6.0 Professional to hyperlink phone numbers?

A. With Windows Mobile Standard editions, any string that looks like a phone number is hyperlinked so that the user can click the number to dial it. In Windows Mobile 6.0 Professional, this capability isn't enabled. To hyperlink a number with Windows Mobile 6.0, add "tel:" to the front of the number, followed by a space ( e.g., tel: 214-555-2468 ). The number will now be hyperlinked when viewed with Windows Mobile 6.0 Professional.
Old 12-04-2007, 01:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: verizon xv6700

christinme7890 is a n00b
that is pretty sweet...there should be an added functionality to it that would allow you to save that phone number to your contacts. I bet they added it but I really don't know and haven't tried it yet.
Old 12-18-2007, 12:11 AM
Lurker

8ball is a n00b
What about excel spreadsheets

Thats great for my signature on an email....
anybody know how to turn a spreadsheet full of phone numbers into a "tap to dial" phone list?
Old 12-18-2007, 02:44 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8ball View Post
Thats great for my signature on an email....
anybody know how to turn a spreadsheet full of phone numbers into a "tap to dial" phone list?
Open it in excel, save it as a CSV, import it into Outlook, sync phone with outlook

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development