PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2007, 01:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Verizon

PRSPower is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Find CAB when installing from EXE

I am using Vista/Windows Mobile Device Center and I purchased a copy of Pencil Box Deluxe. I would like to turn it into an OEM so I can add it to my User_OEM folder.

Mental Motions the company that wrote Pencil Box only provides an executable install and not a cab install. When you run the install on your desktop it has to extract the cab files somewhere so that it can "install on your device next time it connects"

Does anyone know where to look for the extracted cab on a Vista machine?
Old 11-13-2007, 01:21 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: 6800 (Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

scotbotmosh is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to scotbotmosh
I have done this in the past for Real Player. Open a search window and do a search for *.cab on your whole system, with the search running kick off the .exe. The search window should display the location. If that doesn't work kick off the .exe first but don't click ok to start installing it on your device, perform the search then. I think that is how I did it...
Old 11-13-2007, 01:44 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Perasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIP
it should be in C:\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync

Projects: (PeraStats 1.7) (PeraCount with Clock 1.3) (PeraCount 1.3) (PeraProfiler 1.2) (S2U2Lock 1.1)
Old 11-13-2007, 06:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

PRSPower is a n00b
My Vista is x64 and I don't have a C:\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync or a C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft ActiveSync

I also was not able to find it using the search method. So I wimped out and used an XP machine to get the CAB file I needed.

Thanks for the replies, this community really is the best, the kitchen makes a stable enough ROM for me to even start rolling ROMs out to other users at my company, before the kitchen I kept all the goodness for myself because I did not want to have to hear about lockups. Now all 12 Apaches we own have been flashed with a ROM made with the new kitchen. Helmi and crew rock.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:57 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRSPower View Post
My Vista is x64 and I don't have a C:\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync or a C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft ActiveSync

I also was not able to find it using the search method. So I wimped out and used an XP machine to get the CAB file I needed.

Thanks for the replies, this community really is the best, the kitchen makes a stable enough ROM for me to even start rolling ROMs out to other users at my company, before the kitchen I kept all the goodness for myself because I did not want to have to hear about lockups. Now all 12 Apaches we own have been flashed with a ROM made with the new kitchen. Helmi and crew rock.
Yeah vista is a pain about that--it redirects a lot of stuff that apps try to put in Program Files to your C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore directory (which is hidden by default). That's probably why your search was fruitless.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:56 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Perasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIP
I missed the Vista part. Gotta get this reading thing worked out.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development