PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2009, 12:49 PM
Oldguy
Pocket PC: Moto DROID
Carrier: vzw

nuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC Performance (overclocking) OEM

Wedeahoe:

Dude you are a very respected member here, I say this with love in my heart for you my fellow ppcgeek:

rant on

Knock it off, why waste your time - if you don't think the project is worthy - don't waste your time trying to get someone to *not* do something with there time.

Nobody is asking for your participation or blessing to try something different.

Who knows perhaps he comes up with something worthwhile, perhaps he doesn't - but you guys could quit 'jacking the thread with argumentive negativity.

/rant

On a lighter side, everytime I see your user ID I chuckle and say to myself...
who da ho?
weedahoe!

(that's meant as compliment)
Old 02-06-2009, 02:39 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuguy View Post
Wedeahoe:

Dude you are a very respected member here, I say this with love in my heart for you my fellow ppcgeek:

rant on

Knock it off, why waste your time - if you don't think the project is worthy - don't waste your time trying to get someone to *not* do something with there time.

Nobody is asking for your participation or blessing to try something different.

Who knows perhaps he comes up with something worthwhile, perhaps he doesn't - but you guys could quit 'jacking the thread with argumentive negativity.

/rant

On a lighter side, everytime I see your user ID I chuckle and say to myself...
who da ho?
weedahoe!

(that's meant as compliment)
Hey, if you like the name, then come see the avatar on Google Latitude. The OCing on the 67 is done. I would like to see someone do it on the 68,
Old 02-06-2009, 04:34 PM
Oldguy
Pocket PC: Moto DROID
Carrier: vzw

nuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedahoe View Post
I would like to see someone do it on the 6800
Thumbs Up to that!

Have Wifi and GPS on your phone???
Check out Navizon. It's $$$ in your pocket!
http://my.navizon.com/Webapps/UserAd..._code=5E5D5D5F
Navizon- Get paid $s to use your phones GPS & Wifi!

My Navizon Thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=21590
Old 02-07-2009, 02:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Audiovox / HTC XV-6700

tronnixx is just getting started

gguruusa, your post was confusing. I said there were other systems but the systems affected by the clock are internal to the pxa. Are you saying there are other systems affected by the cpu clock not internal besides the eeproms? Which components or systems are you speaking of? I dont want to annoy people here going back and forth so if you would like e-mail me we could discuss it.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry for the delay guys; I got caught up with a company research/development project

I got my e-mail back from qualcomm on the msm cpu. Do you believe this???

"Thanks for your interest in Qualcomm's CDMA Technology Chip Sets. Unfortunately, any information other than you can find on our web site is Proprietary to Licensees.
Here is the Qualcomm web site."

The only problem is, there is nothing on their site about it other than a 1-page sales pitch. Intel put it all out there. This is probably one of the reasons I think people have not done too much with this cpu. This is going to be a hard one guys.

I just e-mailed them again from a company e-mail and I might have to play the "Interested in Qualcomm products" angle. I will let you know what I get back..

Does anyone know of at least a semi-successful overclock of the 6800? Even if it freezes up. Windows CE and Mobile has a driver that as long as the OEM supports it enables a software multiplier change but without Qualcomm's developer manuals, it's not looking too good. WizCode from Pocket Hack Master is also looking for it according to his forums. If someone can get this you will have your overclock app shortly after.

and also, does anyone know where I can get a ROM for the 6800? I could try to tear it apart for the driver, just really a long shot finding it that way. That developer manual is the key.

How do you guys like the 6800 or Touch Pro? Is it fast? Does it run slow in some apps like the 6700 did?

Last edited by tronnixx; 02-07-2009 at 05:38 PM.
Old 02-07-2009, 04:19 PM
Lurker

6800 / Touch Pro (Or Any Qualcomm MSM-based Phone)

Somewhat better news: I found some stuff on the internet confirming this processor does support Dynamic Voltage Management.

Since I am having a hard time finding manuals for the qualcomm cpu in these phones I need to figure out a few things about their power management abilities.

Therefore, If anyone has a benchmarking utility loaded on their phone such as GXMark or better I have a little experiment I need you to do. It's Simple.

1) Test the CPU Index of the Phone at 100% battery (Has to be unplugged)
2) Test the CPU index of the phone when it's plugged in and fully charged.
3) Optional, test the CPU index of the phone at low battery.

I am trying to determine the power management on this phone so we can figure out a way of speeding it up since I dont own one (Still on the 6700).

You may notice a big increase in the cpu index when plugged in because the system is disabling scaling (forcing it to the maximum standard frequency).

Let me know your results. Thanks!

Last edited by tronnixx; 02-07-2009 at 04:44 PM.
Old 02-08-2009, 02:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Tab
Carrier: Sprint

kyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Thanks
Old 02-08-2009, 03:56 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrumo View Post
Thanks
hi kyrumo, thanks for what?
Old 02-09-2009, 02:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S Captivate, Samsung Galaxy Tab
Carrier: Rogers

wraith79 is keeping up the good workwraith79 is keeping up the good work
Cool Re: HTC Performance (overclocking) OEM

For those looking for the app, as-is, here it is! Enjoy
Attached Files
File Type: zip Performance.zip (55.1 KB, 97 views) Click for barcode!
Old 02-09-2009, 12:38 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraith79 View Post
For those looking for the app, as-is, here it is! Enjoy
It's also in the kitchen.
Old 02-15-2009, 05:17 PM
Lurker

psicobra is a n00b

hi guys first time posting i have just downloaded this app installed and supposedly over clocked my CPU but when i look at the hardware tab it still says 400MHZ and youtube still doesnt handle high quality video any better have i done somthing wrong?

thanks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development