PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   PocketPlus, HTC, and FTouchFlo... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=11481)

dmitt25 11-10-2007 07:49 PM

PocketPlus, HTC, and FTouchFlo...

Ok, so I've built my own rom using Helmi_c's latest kitchen, actually I've built several now, and am still having some issues. Before I started using Helmi_c's WM6, I was using WM5 with SPB Pocket Plus. I really liked the scroll feature of this program and also the "X" close function, everything else though was pretty bland and not all that cool looking to be honest. After discovering HTC Home, I'm 100% sold on it.

So after trying a few different rom configurations, I've discovered a few conflicts:

1) I can't use HTC Home and SPB Pocket Plus at the same time. Therefore I can't get the scroll feature AND the "X" close feature of SPB. (I've tried disabling most of Pocket Plus except for the scroll and "X" close features, but it was way too glitchy and slow with both running at the same time)

2) I really like HTC Task manager for the "X" close function, as it allows me to leave programs open until I choose to close them. However it conflicts with FTouchFlo and locks up or severely lags my 6700. Oh, and another thing weird that Touch Flo does is while scrolling in Internet Explorer, it opens WMP... what the hell? It's done it repeatedly... I'm guessing from little tid-bits I've perused in the forums that this piece of software is still under development and needs some more work?

So, is there another alternative to TouchFlo? Because I really want the scroll feature! :)

Thanks for your help!

Don

friguy3 11-10-2007 09:00 PM

I am using HTC Home plug in and pocket plus 4.0.1 and seems to be working fine in WM6.

friguy3 11-10-2007 10:50 PM

hmmm...well updated to the latest and everything works with HTC home and pocket plus, except when i go to use the "x" button, i tap and hold and it freezes. wierdly i can open the keyboard and it switches orientation...well i soft reset 2 times, then turned off the X part of pocket plus, then only made it show running programs and turned it on and now it works...ill keep you updated...

edufur 11-10-2007 11:21 PM

i have found that the Pocket Plus smart closer does a way better job that the HTC closer. so I opted not to install the HTC plugin. I use pocket plus without the Home plugin but instead use the SPB mobile shell.

sunny1974 11-10-2007 11:41 PM

i have used all 3 in a previous rom..for a long time with zero issues, but the pocket plus only for the safe mode feature. they all worked well. i do find however that touchflo prob conflicted with slide 2 lock. after disabling it it never hanged.. so are u using that too? now im using htc home n touchflo.. i havent installed pocket plus in this rom coz of space issues n ram issues.. im already down to 23 after a soft reset.. but i will do try to include it in the next cooking..
i always felt that the htc task manager 1.5 worked best out of all the x buttons coz it actually closed the application on clicking on x. the others merely minimised it(even the 2.0).this made sure u dont have 2-3 applications running n hogging ur ram... which usually happened in the other buttons.
Also if u use both of the htc n pocket plus x buttons they will def conflict. but there are options in the menu to disable one of them. then they work good along with the touchflo..
i think the touch flo is irreplacible and really cool as it actually scrolls in ALL the programs ...

verizonguy 11-11-2007 01:35 AM

I'd recommend posting your selections file to show folks specifically what packages you're installing to see what is conflicting.

appzdude 11-11-2007 12:08 PM

I'm using htc home & touch commander & love it. I tried ftouchflo but it didn't do anything. maybe I was missing something?

guitardoc64 11-11-2007 04:39 PM

Interesting. I'm using PP4 and the HTC home, and have only had issues of a short lockup while PP loads. I had disabled some functions such as buttons IE and files on PP, thinking they were conflicting, but it made little difference. I do find that customizing the HTC home affects performance so I minimize the changes to the plugin and all is well.
The only changes are transparent background and clock. If I change the icons it starts to bog the system down, particularly on reset.

dmitt25 11-11-2007 06:28 PM

Well, I'll give you guys a list of what I'm using currently, but know that it's not QUITE the setup I want, and also know that although I have FTouchFlo on this rom, I don't load it because it hangs every time.

Here goes:

Verizon 2.07.206
HTC Camera 3.00
Comm Manager (10-Button) 1.0.0.1
ClearTemp 0.9.3
dotFred Task Manager 2.7
FTouchFlo .4
SD Card Support Only AKU 0.7.0
Windows Update AKU 0.7.0
Enterprise Protocols AKU 0.7.0
.NET Compact Framework 2.0.7045.0
.NET Compact Framework 3.5RC2
Bluetooth A2DP Driver AKU 0.7.0
Bluetooth HID Driver AKU 0.7.0
Chess 2.0
Dopewars 1.0
Galaga
Ms PacMan
Adobe Reader 2.00.261818
HTC Vogue Default Dialer
HTC Smartdialing 2.5.28006
Windows Live 10.6.0032.2100
Remote Desktop Mobile AKU 0.7.0
Adobe Flash Lite 1.0.1.9
Adobe Flash Player 7.0.70.0
RC Mod (getting rid of this... not my thing)
Additional Ringtones (don't need this)
Additional Themes (don't need this)
HTC Home 2.0.814.772
Arcsoft MMS 3.0.26.11c
File as First Last 1.0
Esmertic Jbed Java
Flash Video Bundle 1.4.3
TCPMP 0.72RC1
Resco Explorer 2007 6.16
HTC Performance 1.0.0.1
HTC Task Manager 2.0.30487.1
HTC Zip Application 1.0.0.1
Pocket RAR 3.71
FdcSoft PIM Backup 2.5
Windows Live Search 2.5.2840.19676
BL Black Keyboard Skin 1.0

And that's all :)

So, hopefully you fine ladies and gents can help me figure it out. If some of you are using Pocket Plus and HTC home without conflict I'd be willing to go back to that, as I did like the safe mode feature as well as the scrolling feature.

Thank you in advance!

Don

dmitt25 11-11-2007 06:42 PM

Oh, and another thing... totally off topic, and you can flame me, cause I didn't do a search before I asked, but I tried to use SprintTV because in the kitchen it says free for all carriers, but I couldn't get any of the programming to load... anybody else tried this and had success? I'm on Verizon.