PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2007, 12:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

Kolano is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Apache WM6 Kitchen CE OS 5.2.1908 (Build 18508.0.7.0) 071108_1 Bugs/Patches

This is the bug collection thread for the Apache WM6 Kitchen CE OS 5.2.1908 (Build 18508.0.7.0) 071108_1. I'll gather bugs into this first message, so folks don't need to poke all over to find them. Please note that this thread is for bugs occurring in the ROMs produced via the kitchen, the file contents of it's OEM packages, or problems with their configuration or interaction. Bugs related to BuildOS,the tool used to compile/flash the ROM images, should be posted to it's bug thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa
BuildOS problems are generally these: Kitchen Installation fails, kitchen shortcuts don't work, application fails to start, Application exits with error msg XXX, unexplainable errors during build or startup, added OEMs don't show in BuildOS, visual display problems in BuildOS, Boot issues (white screen on PPC), and corrupt boot splash.
=== Bugs ===
If you have a bug let us know. Please...
Be specific.
Provide steps to reproduce, including details of any customizations you have made.
Post your "Apache_Helmi_WM6 Selections.txt" file, so relevent BuildOS selections can be replicated.

Unconfirmed BugsNon-Kitchen Bugs
  • Weatherpanel is known to cause lock-ups
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by luv2chill View Post
    by any chance are you running weatherpanel? That is known to cause lockups.
  • MobiTV
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by synaptyc View Post
    MobiTV2 (v4.4.1.15863) doesn't load tv stations if you build a ROM that includes HTC Touch Keypad.
    Quite a shame too. I really like that SIP, but I REALLY like MobiTV2 better.
    ... better that SprintTV due to the frame rate... Anyway... back on topic:
    I tried many different builds of the ROM, from stripped down, to fairly loaded. Same result. If HTC Touch Keypad was included... No MobiTV2.]
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pdx77 View Post
    Speaking of MobiTV2, when you choose full screen, it doesn't switch to landscape mode..
  • GPS Navigation
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by synaptyc View Post
    POSTED BY: Krazy4Real in the 071107_02 Bugs/Patches thread
    I have a bug with iguidance 3.0.1. When you setup a route and it starts navigating you, if you touch the screen to go to menu for example it exits the program. This does not occur with 3.5 1.0.4 kitchen.

I have the same issue with TomTom6 with build 071107_02 and build 071108_1.
Confirmed Bugs
  • TouchKeyboard SIP disables messaging auto-completion
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mgioia2
    Contacts don't show up when you start typing a name in the "new" messaging line.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CHUFLY29
    I noticed when I had the TouchKeyboard installed as a separate SIP it hosed the name recognition.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by verizonguy View Post
    This is the offending part of the package:
    Code:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Layouts\e0010409]
      "Layout Text"="eT9 IME"
      "Ime File"="\\windows\\eT9Ime.dll"
    In order for auto completion/correction to work, you have to use the comp ime, not the et9 ime.

For completion to work, it should read:
    Code:
    "Ime File"="compime.dll"
    "Layout Text"="COMP IME"
    I'm assuming this would break the touch keyboard's features, but feel free to test it.
  • Vogue Dialer OEM Causes Dialer to Popup on Application Close
    Quote:
    I have the HTC Vogue dialer and a fairly basic ROM installed from the kitchen. As I was setting up everything it seems the screen kept returning to the dialer view (sometimes the keypad and other times the in call screen).
  • Simple PIN Locks Up Phone?
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lazybones View Post
    Soft reset your device while it is enabled.. then let the password screen fully load. I tested it by just setting the password. It happens nearly every time after a soft reset, and randomly when the device is put to sleep.

Edit:

More detailed Steps to reproduce:
    1. Go to settings and lock
    2. Select Simple PIN as your password type and set a password of at least 5 digits
    3. Soft reset your phone
    4. Wait for the device to fully load (IE the tool bar theme has loaded and the phone has found a signal)
    5. Now try to unlock the phone with your pin.
    Quote:
    ...yes I was able to confirm your report by doing a soft reset with password enabled (had similar lockup problems whether it was simple pin or regular password). I could never reproduce that behavior just with a simple inactivity timeout, but I know you said that was random. But it definitely occurred after every soft reset.

I flashed back to every iteration of helmi's wm6 ROM I had and they all suffered that issue. Seems to be some sort of timeout issue... like the device is waiting for "something" once you click unlock, and when it doesn't happen in x amount of time the device gives up and proceeds anyway. That's what it "seems" like anyway--I could be way off base.

I had helmi confirm that it does not occur on the Universal (which is the closest device hardware-wise to the Apache). So it's either a driver issue or something in the registry that's causing it. Hopeully we'll get to the bottom of it soon.
  • PC to Phone IR communication problem
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by xv6700zj
    when i want to transfer a file by IR beam, it appears error!! It seems IR beam OBEX not works. Transferring files beteen the two phones is OK!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gguruusa
    It's probably a bug. We're looking into it.
  • SD-Card Transfer Speed
    Quote:
    This is caused by you selecting the SDHC driver when you built your ROM. As it turns out some registry entries need to be adjusted to slow the transfer rate down to prevent the skipping. Verizonguy has figured out the necessary entries and posted them in the Bugs thread before this one (071107_2). If you're comfortable editing the registry you can do that yourself. If not, those changes will be in the next build of the kitchen.

Or, if you don't have a SDHC card, then build instead with the SD-only drivers and this problem won't occur.
  • Battery Meter Issue
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by spetrillo View Post
    I have just flashed my phone from the new kitchen and noticed that the battery meter in the upper right portion of the phone does not work. When I tap on top of it then it should take me to the battery meter but it does not. This used to work in the VZG kitchen.
    Quote:
    It's due to HTC Task Manager (X-button) IIRC.
  • Battery Drains More Quickly
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ?GotJazz? View Post
    I just moved from VerizonGuy's WM6 Kitchen to Helmi's WM6 Kitchen. It seemed like Helmi's Kitchen was chewing up my battery faster than VerizonGuy's Kitchen, so I did a little test:

I built Helmi's Kitchen with the same programs that I used in VerizonGuy's Kitchen. The only exception is the above-mentioned HTC Task Manager, where I used version 2.0.xxxx for Helmi's Kitchen.

I rebooted my XV6700 with nothing else running. After 8 hours of inactivity on VerizonGuy's Kitchen, I still saw a battery level of 100%. With Helmi's Kitchen, I see my battery level at 70% after 8 hours of inactivity.
    [/INDENT]
    Quote:
    This kitchen does indeed have those entries (I placed in OEM_Helmi_Addition) but for some reason they're getting overwritten by the defaults during the build process and I didn't even realize it. I'll figure it out.
Resolved Bugs
  • Problems sending MMS on Sprint?
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by scotbotmosh
    upon sending the MMS message I recieve an error that my message could not be sent. I use Sprint
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by zachspda
    Under server configuration in mms you need to change mms.sprintpcs.com to 63.215.195.152 leave the rest the same

Last edited by Kolano; 11-12-2007 at 09:29 AM.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

=== Patches ====== Requests ====== Prior Kitchen Updates ===
Thanks everyone from the prior bug threads for helping address many of these issues from the Kitchen Change Log:
Kitchen 071108_1 ChangesKitchen 071107_2 ChangesKitchen 071107_1 Changes
  • Rom folder reference fixed. (Only broken in 071106_1)
Kitchen 071106_1 Changes=== Prior PPCGeeks OEMs Updates ===
And these issues from the OEM Change Log:
OEM Rev2 Changes=== Prior Bug Threads ===

Last edited by Kolano; 11-17-2007 at 12:30 AM.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:32 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Kolano the mode of operation issue has been resolved since the first kitchen release on 11/5. The thread you linked for that bug is from September/October.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Kolano the mode of operation issue has been resolved since the first kitchen release on 11/5. The thread you linked for that bug is from September/October.
k, thanks. I don't see the menu, but that may be due to my 1.43 radio.

Last edited by Kolano; 11-09-2007 at 02:56 AM.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:04 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6700

xv6700zj is a n00b
Thanks for all your hard work!!!!
I use the new kitchen, and use the default selections. After refreshed, I put my phone near computer, the computer can find the device, but when i want to transfer a file by IR beam, it appears error!! It seems IR beam OBEX not works. Transferring files beteen the two phones is OK!
WM5 rom from Helmi Official AKU 3.5 Kitchen and WM6 rom from Helmi and Verizonguy old Kitchen all work fine!! Is it a bug or I am missing something!? Thanks!!
Old 11-09-2007, 06:34 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
It's probably a bug. We're looking into it.
Old 11-09-2007, 07:27 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: sprint

Wizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
I have cooked a rom about 10 times trying to get O2 to work. When you check the various parts of O2 you get only them. You do not get the O2 shortcuts or the ability to use O2 as a task manager to shut down programs.

If you just select O2 you don't get anything.

I have tried several other OEMs and cabs via the OEMISER but, nothing has worked.

I also do not see the ability to unlock the extended ROM.

Would someone help please? I had VGs new kitchen working very well with O2 but Helmi's doesn't seem to like it.

Thanks
Old 11-09-2007, 08:07 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800 Titan (on Sprint) / PPC6700 (Sprint) Apache / Sprint Touch
Carrier: Sprint

tiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to tiermann Send a message via Yahoo to tiermann
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzard View Post
I also do not see the ability to unlock the extended ROM.

Thanks
Look in the carrier ext rom section.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:10 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6800

delosky is a n00b
Resco Explorer 2007

Great job as always guys - the best one yet by far!

One problem I've run into is the ability to register Resco File Explorer 2007. I used the OEM from Jonahan and I have a valid registration that has worked before. I've checked my Name settings in the Owner Information tab and I've re-entered it several times. I also requested a registration key from Resco from the PDA and the registration key I've put in is what they sent me.

Has anyone else run into this issue or know how to resolve it?
Old 11-09-2007, 10:28 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Apache 6700XV, TouchPro
Carrier: Verizon, Alltel

f1cy is a n00b
Thanks man, i want to upgrade back my phone.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development