PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2007, 03:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Apache 6700

RobertMills is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Battery life w/ upgrade

After upgrading for WM5, I have noticed that my battery life which was already short, has become much shorter now. I feel like it's down to a few hours now. So I decided to run acbPowerMeter and run the program for around 15 minutes and occasionally checking its progress. My device is set to turn off the display after 30 seconds and the device itself shuts off after 2 minutes. After running the program, I got 162 mA as an average. I read somewhere that normal is around 70-80 mA.

I have attached my build selections to see if those could cause a problem.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Attached Files
File Type: txt MySelections.txt (4.1 KB, 14 views) Click for barcode!
Old 12-18-2007, 03:39 PM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
That is odd. Yu must have some program that is running in the background causing this. Do a soft reset and run abcmeter before you open any other programs. See if it is still as high.

Feel free to if choose to do so.
My ROM for Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular and Cricket 20931 Base!!

The THANKS button is over there------------------------------------------------>
Old 12-18-2007, 04:04 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

RobertMills is a n00b
Followed your advice and did a soft reset then ran the program again. I ran the program for around 10 minutes then received a text message. Before the text message I was still averaging around 160 mA. Text message caused the average to spike to 191 mA.
Old 12-18-2007, 04:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

zenak is a n00b
What version of Arcsoft are you using for text messages?
Old 12-18-2007, 04:28 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

RobertMills is a n00b
ArcSoft 3.0.26.11c by luv2chill
Old 12-18-2007, 04:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

zenak is a n00b
Very strange. I have been using Twinky SMS am seeing a decreased battery life as well.

I used to be able to get through an entire day, but now I need to charge by noon with any web or wireless usage. Since my puppy just got a hold of my phone I was given a replacement from work. I do know the replacement hadn't been used for 6 months or so so I have swapped out the battery hoping that this is hardware. If things haven't improved by tonight I'll be right next to you looking for the cause!
Old 12-18-2007, 05:02 PM
Ditch Doctor

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertMills View Post
Followed your advice and did a soft reset then ran the program again. I ran the program for around 10 minutes then received a text message. Before the text message I was still averaging around 160 mA. Text message caused the average to spike to 191 mA.
Is your data connection running all the time? I don't know what else may cause such a high average? Do the white data icons stay lit constantly? Another thing you may try is disabe your today items one by one and test in between to see if it may be somehing on your today screen causing it.
Old 12-18-2007, 05:05 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

RobertMills is a n00b
The data connection is never on, only when a picture/video message comes in which isnt that often.
Old 12-18-2007, 05:16 PM
Ditch Doctor

I edited my last post to include disabling some today items. I don't know if you caught that. Try and see if that gives you an idea. The only other thing to try is build your ROM and remove an item at a time and recheck. I know this is a lot of work but something is causing you problem that may be hard to find. Just so you know i don't use vibrating pad, either of the adobe flash programs, large title bar, adobe reader or the clock in the title bar. So it may be possible one of those programs is doing it. Just a shot in the dark but worth looking into. i do notice that mine runs at 86 average where it was running 76 average before my last ROM build.
Old 12-18-2007, 05:18 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

RobertMills is a n00b
Always a possibility. I will get right on removing some features. Never really thought of these being programs in the background, but merely settings. I guess anything is possible though!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development