PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2007, 10:25 AM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ?GotJazz? View Post
2) Tapping on the battery icon on the top of the Today screen does not bring up the Battery Level indication.
Yep, happens to me too... is this WM6 behavior? Tap and HOLD and the power CP opens.
Quote:
3) I just moved from VerizonGuy's WM6 Kitchen to Helmi's WM6 Kitchen. It seemed like Helmi's Kitchen was chewing up my battery faster than VerizonGuy's Kitchen, so I did a little test:

I built Helmi's Kitchen with the same programs that I used in VerizonGuy's Kitchen. The only exception is the above-mentioned HTC Task Manager, where I used version 2.0.xxxx for Helmi's Kitchen.

I rebooted my XV6700 with nothing else running. After 8 hours of inactivity on VerizonGuy's Kitchen, I still saw a battery level of 100%. With Helmi's Kitchen, I see my battery level at 70% after 8 hours of inactivity.
Hm. I went from AKU3.5 Kitchen 1.04 to WM6, battery performance is identical for me - I will be at 70% after 12 hours of normal use. Did VerizonGuy's include the power management reg entries, because the Helmi Kitchen does not - I added them to mine...

I can't find the post right now on ppcgeeks, but its these entries: http://www.mydigitallife.info/2006/1...er-management/
Old 11-09-2007, 11:53 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
Yep, happens to me too... is this WM6 behavior? Tap and HOLD and the power CP opens.
It's due to HTC Task Manager (X-button) IIRC.

Quote:
Hm. I went from AKU3.5 Kitchen 1.04 to WM6, battery performance is identical for me - I will be at 70% after 12 hours of normal use. Did VerizonGuy's include the power management reg entries, because the Helmi Kitchen does not - I added them to mine...

I can't find the post right now on ppcgeeks, but its these entries: http://www.mydigitallife.info/2006/1...er-management/
Thanks for the bug report. This kitchen does indeed have those entries (I placed in OEM_Helmi_Addition) but for some reason they're getting overwritten by the defaults during the build process and I didn't even realize it. I'll figure it out.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:54 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond Touch

chspyder is a n00b
Anybody HELP!

I have the WM6 Rom on Sprint 6700 Yellow logo (like it matters now) phone, it works fine for about 1-2 weeks then on a restart after a phone call locks it up, I get stuck at the windows mobile green screen??? this has happened 3 times in a row, I use exchange, I have installed voice commander, turned off HTC home plugin, and installed MS voice commander 1.6 each time, and done numerous resets with no problem, and very little/no lockups till the one call that says incomming, rings once, then locks I can still click sprint, so I reset, and the phone locks forever.

* this last time I installed a safemode program, and I am currently running in safe mode, so any diag steps? I have checked the run items, but dont know what services I need/dont.

Thanks!!!
Old 11-09-2007, 01:23 PM
Retired Staff

Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Quote:
Originally Posted by chspyder View Post
Anybody HELP!

I have the WM6 Rom on Sprint 6700 Yellow logo (like it matters now) phone, it works fine for about 1-2 weeks then on a restart after a phone call locks it up, I get stuck at the windows mobile green screen??? this has happened 3 times in a row, I use exchange, I have installed voice commander, turned off HTC home plugin, and installed MS voice commander 1.6 each time, and done numerous resets with no problem, and very little/no lockups till the one call that says incomming, rings once, then locks I can still click sprint, so I reset, and the phone locks forever.

* this last time I installed a safemode program, and I am currently running in safe mode, so any diag steps? I have checked the run items, but dont know what services I need/dont.

Thanks!!!
by any chance are you running weatherpanel? That is known to cause lockups. In general, a freeze at the Windows Mobile screen is often caused by a today plugin, so you may want to re-enable one at a time until you find the culprit.

All the same you shoul use the latest version of the kitchen (in the sticky thread by helmi_c) to build a ROM and see if you get the same symptoms.
Old 11-09-2007, 07:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

jimjam26 is a n00b
SCHC Drivers and Card

I have a 4GB card installed drivers from kitchen for card and I've noticed two things one the camera doesn't work if I save photos from camera to storage card. Camera works fine if photos are saved to phone memory and also using live search with gps doesn't work if I set option to cache to storage card but it work fine otherwise. I thought it was weird consider the card works fine as far as saving files streaming music and videos. I also forgot the camera gives an error message stating not enough memory when linked to storage card. Those are the only issues I experience with the combo of programs so far that I cooked in this rom and seeing that I can work around them no big deal.
Old 11-10-2007, 12:06 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond Touch

chspyder is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2chill View Post
by any chance are you running weatherpanel? That is known to cause lockups. In general, a freeze at the Windows Mobile screen is often caused by a today plugin, so you may want to re-enable one at a time until you find the culprit.

All the same you shoul use the latest version of the kitchen (in the sticky thread by helmi_c) to build a ROM and see if you get the same symptoms.

No weather panel, and today plugins I have tried all off with no advantage.

But in safe mode I only see 4 and one is checked, how do I see them all?
Old 11-10-2007, 12:29 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by chspyder View Post
No weather panel, and today plugins I have tried all off with no advantage.

But in safe mode I only see 4 and one is checked, how do I see them all?
I would try building a ROM without HTC Home (even though you said you disabled it it's possible that it could still affect the device) since that app is known to cause freezes at the Windows splash screen.

As you can see plenty of people are using this kitchen without that issue so I have to think this is related to either something you included in the ROM, something you installed afterwards, or some combination of the two. Unfortunately what you may need to do is start with the default (basically stock) configuration in buildos and just add one thing, build and see if you get freezes. If not, add something else, rinse and repeat.

And sorry if you already checked this (I can't remember), but is it possible that it's the safe mode app itself that is causing these freezes?
Old 11-10-2007, 02:12 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I've totally given up on HTC Home.... and now I've added HTC X button 2.0 to my list of evil HTC apps - Home always borked my wm5 builds, and seems to still be a memory hog and not completely stable... X Button uses something like a meg of ram and still doesn't work half as well as InClose (which works fine on WM6 it seems) does.

Thanks again Helmi_c and luv and coke and ..... everyone who did and continues to work on this. Building the kitchen is the easy part - support's a pain. Maybe you should outsource that to Bangalore?
Old 11-10-2007, 04:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

cjbreisch is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
Thanks again Helmi_c and luv and coke and ..... everyone who did and continues to work on this. Building the kitchen is the easy part - support's a pain.
I was thinking pretty much the same. The support for this kitchen has been nothing short of outstanding. In my mind, the support effort is even more impressive than the kitchen itself.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4

daveedem is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbreisch View Post
I was thinking pretty much the same. The support for this kitchen has been nothing short of outstanding. In my mind, the support effort is even more impressive than the kitchen itself.

I wholeheartedly agree.. I've asked some really dumb questions in retrospect and the patience luv and everyone else has presented is nothing short of spectacular.

My hat is off to all you guys.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development