PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2007, 10:51 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid Eris
Carrier: Verizon

Gervy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Disable Voice Speed Dial ???!!!???

Is there a way to disable the program "VOICE SPEED DIALER" ?
(I'm sure there is a way, I just haven't started messing with my registry yet.)

Every time I use skype (or any other headset application, aside from actual telephone calls), and activate my BT headset, it triggers the voice dialer, which trumps Skype, and creates a major pain in the ass.

Any thoughts before I make random changes to the registry?
Old 10-04-2007, 03:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Apache + HTC Diamond
Carrier: Cellular South

the18thtee is just getting started
Look at HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Bluetooth\AudioGateway\
There should be an entry named VoiceCmdEnable
Is yours set at 1 or 0?
I dont know if this controls all Voice Command programs over BT or just MSVC (which I am assuming you dont have installed) but you might try changing this entry to 0 if it isnt already.
Just a shot in the dark.
4. Give THANKS to those who deserve it!
Old 10-04-2007, 04:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Also, are you using wm6? The reason I ask is because by default Voice Dialer isnt installed so I am not sure how you got it on there other than MSVC?
Old 10-05-2007, 09:21 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Gervy is a n00b
Wm6

Quote:
Originally Posted by the18thtee View Post
Also, are you using wm6? The reason I ask is because by default Voice Dialer isnt installed so I am not sure how you got it on there other than MSVC?
Yep. I'm using VerizonGuy's Dev2 of the Helmi WM6 release.
It's not in his change log, but possible VerizonGuy reactivated the default Voice Dialer.
And you are correct, I did not install the Microsoft Voice Command (which I actually like, but just didn't bother installing yet). Hmmmm..... since that trumps the default Voice Dialer, maybe I ought to try installing that to see if it fixes my problem. I seem to remember it didn't have a "hair-trigger" like the default Voice Dialer when I was running it on my 'official' WM5 OS.

Sometime today, when I goof off @ work, I'll try searching the registry more thoroughly to see if I can find anything on the default Voice Dialer.

Thanks,

Gervy
Old 10-08-2007, 05:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Yeah, I would definitely try installing Voice Command and see if that fixes anything. I have done a fairly in-depth search of the registry but I havent come up with anything to help other than what I posted above. But I know that in the HelmiWM6 ROM Voice Dialer is not installed. So my only suggestion would be to PM VerizonGuy and ask him if he has made any changes to the Helmi ROM regarding the VoiceDialer, and explain to him your problem and see if he has any solutions.
But, just out of curiosity, did you try the reg edit I posted? And if so, did it make any changes for better/worse?
Old 10-12-2007, 08:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Gervy is a n00b
Didn't try the reg edit. Installing Voice Command worked to black Voice Dialer. Though my BT headset won't activate Voice Command like it used to. I'm sure there is a fix in these forums, but i'ts not high enough priority for me to bother. I barely use it anyhow.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint sero

texasez is keeping up the good worktexasez is keeping up the good work
On my sprint mogul you can go to programs, speed dial, and select disable speed dial.
larry
Old 11-08-2007, 10:05 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch PRO

v8s10chevy is a n00b
This got my BT headset to launch only Voice command, before this hack both VC and speed dialer would launch!
Goto "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\OEM\VoiceCommand\Path ". Change the default value from "\Windows\SDDialer.exe" to "\Program Files\Voice Command\Voicecmd.exe"..
In my registry I also had a String Value named "PathBak" which kept changing the "Path" that I changed above back to windows dialer, I tried changing both paths to point to VC but that only caused VC to quit audio to the headset. So what I did was delete "PathBak" and all was well.
Hope this helps someone!
BTW: I guess you could use any path for the BT headset to launch if not VC
Old 12-14-2007, 10:57 AM
Lurker

itsamemario is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8s10chevy View Post
This got my BT headset to launch only Voice command, before this hack both VC and speed dialer would launch!
Goto "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\OEM\VoiceCommand\Path ". Change the default value from "\Windows\SDDialer.exe" to "\Program Files\Voice Command\Voicecmd.exe"..
In my registry I also had a String Value named "PathBak" which kept changing the "Path" that I changed above back to windows dialer, I tried changing both paths to point to VC but that only caused VC to quit audio to the headset. So what I did was delete "PathBak" and all was well.
Hope this helps someone!
BTW: I guess you could use any path for the BT headset to launch if not VC
All I had to do, to disable the voice app was go to the same registry folder you mentioned, but I changed the LaunchAPEnable from 1 to 0 and it stopped popping up. However when I run the app called acbtogglebt I was hoping that I would be able to integrate it with core player but it seems to pop-up the windows media playlist. Does anyone know of a way to fix it to work with sending the audio from the core player to my bluetooth headset? Either through the above mentioned app or otherwise. Thanks.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development