PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Why is the SYS folder password protected!? & who deleted my OEM packages from the FTP (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=11188)

JBabey 11-06-2007 04:26 PM

Who deleted my OEM packages from the FTP

Someone deleted my OEM packages folder from the FTP, whoever you are fukc you buddy.

Its rude and is wasting bandwidth, leave the folders alone and let the admins handle the cleanup

bmtbandit 11-06-2007 04:44 PM

I agree, I like to remove a lot of the crap in the kitchen. And some OEMs are just easier to tweak the original files rather than rename and initflash over. I know this is not the best practice for redistribution, but it works fine for my own use.

KidGixxer 11-06-2007 04:51 PM

we had a rush of new people join the forums affter the wm6 rom and then verizonguys helmi's kitchen. They wreaked (sp?) havoc on the ftp. Almost all the oems kitchen and other stuff was deleted.
And the password for Apache_Helmi_WM6.rar is "PPCGeeks"

BigJ i have all your oems backed on disk if you want me to upload em let me know.

bmbandit
Most of the oems are in PPCGeeks_OEM.rar

bmtbandit 11-06-2007 04:56 PM

Thanks, I realize this. The main one I have issue with conflicts with the threaded sms. The original file is in the Sys. No big deal can just overwrite after flashing, but just prefer not to waste space.

JBabey 11-06-2007 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KidGixxer (Post 115353)
we had a rush of new people join the forums affter the wm6 rom and then verizonguys helmi's kitchen. They wreaked (sp?) havoc on the ftp. Almost all the oems kitchen and other stuff was deleted.
And the password for Apache_Helmi_WM6.rar is "PPCGeeks"

BigJ i have all your oems backed on disk if you want me to upload em let me know.

bmbandit
Most of the oems are in PPCGeeks_OEM.rar

oh wow, i didnt realize >.<
I would love it if you re-uploaded them, as I dont have them any longer, My hard drive got bad sectors and my kitchen folders on my computer wont open. I put the drive in another computer to pull them off but now when i use them in the kitchen none of them work. Im sure they are all corrupted from the drive but I dont want to retest each one individually.

I went to the FTP this morning to grab them all (good backup) and they were GONE!!!. I laughed, i cried, and remembered I have an older set on my work computer.

so long story short, ya if you have the most recent packages I uploaded that would be fantastic!

Thank you so much for your prompt reply, and I understand why you protected the files now, appreciate the pass, i needed to mod the OEM OPERATORS files (clear transparent gif for carrier and a few reg entries I customize with).

And I see you were a huge participant on this last kitchen, great job. Not at all what im used to but ill figure it out!

Thanks!

schettj 11-06-2007 05:17 PM

I think the password is "ppcgeeks"?

I think it was done more to protect the innocent... and the careless :D

KidGixxer 11-06-2007 05:21 PM

Ok upload complete.

I also have your older oem folder if you want that uploaded to the Older Oems folder.

GaMedic 11-06-2007 05:34 PM

Is it possible for regular user to delete files on the ftp? I don't know much about using ftp's so i just drag and drop or copy and paste the files which is what I was instructed to do. It just seems odd that a regular user can delete files. Shows my ignorance on the topic I guess lol.

KidGixxer 11-06-2007 05:40 PM

Yes it is possible for user to delete files on the ftp. I had a problem with people deleting my stuff a while back. Ever since then i would make a backup of the apache folder every month or so. Just incase.

gguruusa 11-07-2007 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBabey (Post 115362)
... i needed to mod the OEM OPERATORS files (clear transparent gif for carrier and a few reg entries I customize with).

And I see you were a huge participant on this last kitchen, great job. Not at all what im used to but ill figure it out!

Thanks!

You can do the mods outside of the core, by using a personal OEM for the reg settings and the Patches folder for files. Knowing your work, however, I may have to expand on the implementation of how the Patches folder works...let me know if it's inadequate or you have ideas for improving it.

For the curious, I'm encouraging people to not modify the core because it makes upgrades a real pain - for the developer and the user.