PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2007, 02:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: spcs

nickm is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Device ID Error

Mods please don't bury this. There isn't much information in the other post.

Does anyone have a definite fix for the Device error?

This seems to be a legit problem.

For the real GEEKS out there:

Using the HTC64 Extended Rom tool, can I change the device ID.

Quote:
Originally Posted by docjones View Post
I got the same with the .4 kitchen rom. I just flashed back to the latest Sprint rom using the bootloader and left it at that for now. To do that, just hold power/record buttons down simultaneously and it will show SERIAL on your un-backlit screen. When you plug it into your usb/cradle, you can then flash it with the Sprint rom. I'm sure other roms will flash onto it that way, too, but I only tried Sprint.

Of note, when not in bootloader mode, I still get the Error 100 message even though my Sprint rom is on it and I even let the EXTROM run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech View Post
my phone wont let me upgrade or down grade afther this kitchen i have boot loader 2.02 and it always been working and not no more the only boot loder works is no id ruu and i try the wm5 kitchen and wont repatch at all i need help !!!

!!!fix it never mind thanks thoe!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaox View Post
Sprint 6700, flash with ROM from 0.3 kitchen, OK.
Flash again with my cooked ROM (just added some fonts and xpshutdown on 0.3), stuck at 99%, said "Error 100: model ID Error...". See attached picture.

Since that, i can not flash it back with even official download. I was finally able to extract the ROM from official download and flash it with NOid tool, but i still can not flash official download directly, the error message was the same as above.

Anything wrong? Please help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidGixxer View Post
Anyone else having a problem with the rom freezing at 99 when you flash it? Do you think maybe i am over stuffing the rom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharris297 View Post
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=348

I don't want to double post, but this thread seems to be getting more traffic that the other one. I'm not sure if there are more, but there is at least one other use who has an issue with the kitchen in that it failed at 99% and now we get Error 100 when attempting to use the standard Romupgrade. from my little investigation It seems that there is a problem with my "CID".

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaox View Post
I have exactly the same problem. I was able to burn 0.4 kitchen successfully, and then, i failed when i tried to add some OEMs, stuck at 99%.

After that, i have never been able to flash my phone with offical exe upgrade tool, says Error 100. Although i burned everything extracted from SPRINT official package with NOiD, and the phone worked well, i still have problem using the SPRINT official RUU to flash my phone.

I am always bootloader 2.02. I am just wondering, how can i go back to factory status? I have backup from my new phone with BItPim, dont know if i can recover my phone with these data.

Appreciate any help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarmenti View Post
i also have no model No. and also cannot use windows live, and it all started when i used verizonguy's kitchen, and it errored at 99% does anyone have any info on how to restore the model no. ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by toviaheli View Post
I've had it happen once. It did actually flash the ROM. I had to put my phone under a bright light to read the screen which told me the installation was successful.

"Anyone else having a problem with the rom freezing at 99 when you flash it? Do you think maybe i am over stuffing the rom?"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg deviceID.JPG (49.5 KB, 73 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by nickm; 10-27-2007 at 02:43 PM.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:56 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Syclone is just getting started
I found it!

After having the same issue after a bad flash/brick with Verizon guy's WM6 Kitchen...I had to go back to a BIg J ROM release to bring it back. Could not go back to WM6...after Helmi's release of the WM6 Kitchen...I once again had the Error 100....The solution proved to use the no-ID updater. Here is how:

1. Build the Kitchen....get error 100.
2. Browse to Kitchen folders.
3. Go into "Upgrade" folder
4. Go into RUU Folder
5. Copy NK.NBF file (this is the rom you built)
6. Paste this file into the "NOID_RUU" folder.
7. Run "APACUpgradeUt_noID.exe" from that same folder.
8. Go crack a cold one open while your Apached flashes without the dreaded Error 100!!
SWEET!
Old 11-05-2007, 07:14 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
That works fine after the fact, but in the future if you know you need to use the NoID flash utility just select it from the top of the buildos window before clicking the play button (The default RUU is "Standard").

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development