PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/)
-   HTC 7 Trophy (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-7-trophy/)
-   -   Best battery option? (Verizon Trophy) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-7-trophy/145927-best-battery-option-verizon-trophy.html)

cinnr 07-22-2011 06:14 PM

Best battery option? (Verizon Trophy)
 
Looking for a longer life battery - noticed on the Mugen site that they say their 1800 mah trophy battery won't work on the Verizon Trophy.

Any recommendation on the best extended life battery that will fit in the existing battery cover?

Thanks!

DavidinCT 07-24-2011 02:03 PM

Re: Best battery option? (Verizon Trophy)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cinnr (Post 2130999)
Looking for a longer life battery - noticed on the Mugen site that they say their 1800 mah trophy battery won't work on the Verizon Trophy.

Any recommendation on the best extended life battery that will fit in the existing battery cover?

Thanks!

Don't listen to that. I have the Mugen battery in my Verizon HTC Trophy and it works fine. I ordered it before I got my Trophy and have not had any issues.

It is a little better than the factory, maybe an hour or so in real world uses.

Not sure why they say that, as it does work fine... ???????

pm_mazur 08-27-2011 05:46 AM

Re: Best battery option? (Verizon Trophy)
 
I'm using the standard battery extender that Verizon provides on their website. Sorry don't remember the mah on it but it's somewhere around 2000s (I'm not gonna check since I'm writing this on my phone). So far 16hrs on medium use I will end up with 40%. On heavy I'll be looking at 20% during the same time frame. By the way medium would be compared to checking messages every 15mins, having weather updates every 3 hours, mail send/receive set up as items arrive.

DavidinCT 08-28-2011 02:33 AM

Re: Best battery option? (Verizon Trophy)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pm_mazur (Post 2140970)
I'm using the standard battery extender that Verizon provides on their website. Sorry don't remember the mah on it but it's somewhere around 2000s (I'm not gonna check since I'm writing this on my phone). So far 16hrs on medium use I will end up with 40%. On heavy I'll be looking at 20% during the same time frame. By the way medium would be compared to checking messages every 15mins, having weather updates every 3 hours, mail send/receive set up as items arrive.

Sounds nice, just can't stand a big phone and that would make it big..

pm_mazur 08-28-2011 04:53 AM

Re: Best battery option? (Verizon Trophy)
 
yeah true. Honestly I got used to it. Let me know of you do fond a perfect slim battery extender.

js_avery 09-01-2011 04:09 PM

Re: Best battery option? (Verizon Trophy)
 
I use a touch pro 2 battery which is 1500mah in mine. The battery has a thin plastic shroud around it. I removed the sides of the plastic shroud but kept both ends and it fits perfect. Ive now used it for 2 weeks and it perfect.

DavidinCT 09-02-2011 02:22 PM

Re: Best battery option? (Verizon Trophy)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by js_avery (Post 2142114)
I use a touch pro 2 battery which is 1500mah in mine. The battery has a thin plastic shroud around it. I removed the sides of the plastic shroud but kept both ends and it fits perfect. Ive now used it for 2 weeks and it perfect.

Just like the Imagio battery, Actually I think they are the same part number from HTC...

It's just a hair thicker than the Trophy battery, so part of the cover does not close totaly.

Does make you wonder why HTC put a 1300mah battery instead of a 1500mah, when it was only about a hair more thickness on the phone/back cover...

One would think it would make a better phone anyway...

pm_mazur 09-04-2011 05:51 AM

Re: Best battery option? (Verizon Trophy)
 
The only excuse that i see them use is the thickness of the phone. Unless they want you to buy extra batteries so they could make money off of us.

trysomeothertime 09-07-2011 12:36 AM

Re: Best battery option? (Verizon Trophy)
 
Verizon official extended battery lasts for 2 days with moderate use. That is some of the best battery life I have seen on a smartphone - extended battery, or not.

DavidinCT 09-10-2011 01:45 PM

Re: Best battery option? (Verizon Trophy)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by trysomeothertime (Post 2143303)
Verizon official extended battery lasts for 2 days with moderate use. That is some of the best battery life I have seen on a smartphone - extended battery, or not.

Try it with the Leaked HTC Mango roms, people are claimed better battery life...


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0