PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC 7 Trophy (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=309)
-   -   Mango Beta 2 Bug on HTC Trophy (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=145551)

KRUX 07-10-2011 02:16 AM

Mango Beta 2 Bug on HTC Trophy

Since I installed the mango beta mms has stopped working. I have read that group text is failing for the Trophy as well but haven't tested it. My HD7 does not have this problem and after research it seems to be a Trophy onl6 issue. Just a warning if you're thinking of testing the beta

WMFan85 07-14-2011 11:48 PM

Re: Mango Beta 2 Bug on HTC Trophy

Thanks for the update

eric12341 07-15-2011 12:53 AM

I don't think this is true @DavidinCT and @deadwrong03 both are running the mango beta and haven't reported such issues

deadwrong03 07-15-2011 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2128201)
I don't think this is true @DavidinCT and @deadwrong03 both are running the mango beta and haven't reported such issues

i never ran the mango beta i was too scared, plus ill wait it out and get suprised by mango all at once when its finished completely

DavidinCT 07-16-2011 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deadwrong03 (Post 2128492)
i never ran the mango beta i was too scared, plus ill wait it out and get suprised by mango all at once when its finished completely

Really ? You don't know what your missing. You can do a perfect image backup before trying it. For a fellow WP7 junkie, I think you should try it but, that's just me because it is awsome. PM me if you have questions.

I have not tried a "group" text yet. I have sent tons of pic messages and txt (a 80% of them by voice, thanks mango) with no issues at all.

EDIT: I got a new phone, my last one had No issues will MMS (on mango), I upgraded my new Trophy and MMS is not working for some reason, trying things out...

Edit2: Found my wife could not send me one from her iPhoney but, I got another one from someone else...

deadwrong03 07-16-2011 04:21 PM

are u guys able to completely return to stock?

eric12341 07-16-2011 07:02 PM

yea u should be able to return to stock as long as u dont overwrite ur backup folder by uninstalling Zune 4.8 which is what u'll have to upgrade to after installing the beta or u can install it before the beta to be safer.

DavidinCT 07-16-2011 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deadwrong03 (Post 2128744)
are u guys able to completely return to stock?

Yes, I used...

[APP] [UPDATED 7/14/2011]V1.6 Working App to Backup Windows Phone 7 via ZUNE ANY TIME - xda-developers

I lost my backup last round, so this time I was not going to fail. I backed up when I first activated my phone (brand new with Nothing configured or or installed) and then I changed some settings and installed an app or 2, then restored...Worked perfect.

I backed up, Clean, and right before Mango. They both tested fine.

Only bug is Zune 4.8 (one needed for mango) does not do a full backup but, can restore from any version.

The backup folder is ...
%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows Phone Update

After doing your backup, go to that folder (it should be 1gb or higher, more if you have a lot of music/apps installed), Copy the whole GUID folder to another place for backup. This way you wont have an issue.

You could drop any folder from your backup list and into the above app or Zune and restore it.

Do a test for yourself, backup your phone, Do a few changes, like color and add a demo app, then restore, see if it goes back if so, your good to go...

deadwrong03 07-17-2011 02:41 PM

maybe ill sit down and give it a try

a couple questions ive been reading people are having issues receiving MMS message after this update are u able to recieve them?

is the facebook chat working properly?

how will we get the mango official update if we still have the beta?

where do i get the zune 4.8?

DavidinCT 07-17-2011 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deadwrong03 (Post 2129020)
maybe ill sit down and give it a try

a couple questions ive been reading people are having issues receiving MMS message after this update are u able to recieve them?

is the facebook chat working properly?

how will we get the mango official update if we still have the beta?

where do i get the zune 4.8?

1. The fear is wrong, My wife tried to send a Picture message but, it never came through, I called someone else just to double check, and theirs came through fine, it was my wife's iPhoney.

2. Facebook chat I have not tried but, you might have to
1. After upgrade to mango, delete facebook, reboot, then re-add it.
2. Assoiate your Facebook account with your Live account
These are both from XDA and found them wile reading. People say it does work, if not, to try these things.

3. The final MANGO version will come from your carrier, You will need to roll back to NoDO at that time. Note the backup notes I showed there.

Here's how I would do it, listen and follow very carfully, With Zune 4.7 (your current setup) installed, Download that backup progam (I showed above), run it, do a full backup of your phone (about 1/2 hour-1 hour depending on data), make some minor changes on your phone, then restore it as a test. If it comes back fine (99% sure it will) then backup that folder. Then proceed with mango, it will take another backup, keep that one too, then if one fails, you have another, just in case.

4. MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Follow these directions I created...they should help.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/2123450-post27.html

Backup your backup before upgrading to 4.8, it could overwrite your backup. Do your backup/test in 4.7, after confirmed working, back it up then upgrade to 4.8 for the rest of it, you can always restore from 4.8 and it will backup again, just want to be sure you have that one, so no need to worry.

Note how many times I say backup, if you make sure you have a backup, at any time you can load your backup and restore within about 25min...

deadwrong03 07-17-2011 04:32 PM

man this seems complex lol

im getting a little mixed up, i have zune 4.7 i downloaded the download tool but itss saying zune must be installed on my computer but i already have zune 4.7 on my computer...

where are u getting zune 4.8 from???

the megaupload link u posted i downloaded that what are those files for

im lost someone needs to make a youtube video of this

EDIT: i downloaded the 64 bit version and it put windows phone tools on my desktop as a short cut icon what do i do from there? when i click it it says cut the phone off and hold the power button and the camera button at the same time to turn the phone on and it says restore on the screen

eric12341 07-17-2011 05:47 PM

here's a video,his computer system is in German tho but he's typing on notepad in English.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jujzQKueQ8M

deadwrong03 07-17-2011 06:11 PM

thanks for the video it just confused me a little more tho....the provision file that he has is backing up hhis phone in this video earlier u guys sent me to a link from xda that i downloaded to back up called windows phone 7 zune back up which one do i use

i dunno i dont think ima mess with it this shit is confusing the hell out of me i cant even get the back up working

eric12341 07-17-2011 07:27 PM

u can use either but I'd reccomend both because the trophy doesn't have a ROM on xda. so if u were to make the same mistake that @DavidinCT made u wouldn't have a way back. backing up both ways ensures that u have a way back to NoDo come official release.

KRUX 07-20-2011 09:09 PM

Correction: I originally wrote mms was broken; I failed to mention that you can send but cannot receive mms. That has been the reporting from a large amount of trophy users and is true for my wifes phone. trophy mango mms fix - Google Search=

That said, mango freaking rocks!

DavidinCT 07-24-2011 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KRUX (Post 2130286)
Correction: I originally wrote mms was broken; I failed to mention that you can send but cannot receive mms. That has been the reporting from a large amount of trophy users and is true for my wifes phone. trophy mango mms fix - Google Search=

That said, mango freaking rocks!

Ah, so no fix...Well fixed internaly in Microsoft but, they will not be releasing a patch (mango is soon going to be released to OEMS soon, so it might be final soon). Unless you found something ?

I agree, Mango rocks, even better unlocked with no app limits :)

Urbannature 08-04-2011 09:20 AM

I have a HTC Trophy Vodafone branded with Mango (7.107712.60). I can receive and send mms.

afripino 08-04-2011 09:26 AM

Found out that HTC Sound Enhancer stops working on the Search app (when pressing the Search hardware key). To recreate this issue, enable Sound Enhancer and choose any of the available enhancements (e.g. SRS) then play some music via Zune. Press the Search hardware key and the sound quality changes. It is more apparent when using headphones or a stereo with Aux In.

jaeskill 08-04-2011 02:40 PM

Finally took the risk and updated to the beta after realizing that VZW will probably drag their feet releasing the update. Its not as complicated as people make it sound... I spent 85% of the time just staring at my cord making sure it didn't spontaneously combust for an hour or so last night.

I found this procedure to be the most straight forward and automated:

How to Update Any Windows Phone 7 To Mango Beta 2 (Video)

Watch the vid once but it is not neccessary to follow along with your install. Download all files and follow the directions in the readme.txt in the mangoforall archive. While you are downloading the zune software in step 4, begin the backup of your phone (do not update zune before you create your backup or you will get an error). Make a COPY of your backup (so you have two) and move it to a place where it will not get overwritten. After the backup is created, zune will fire up and look for an update (forever). Close the window, install the new version of zune that you just downloaded, then follow the directions in the zune program for the two updates.

Its simple, my phone it noticably faster, and the only "bug" that I have come across is the transparent wallpaper error. Hope this helped somebody.

eric12341 08-04-2011 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by afripino (Post 2135046)
Found out that HTC Sound Enhancer stops working on the Search app (when pressing the Search hardware key). To recreate this issue, enable Sound Enhancer and choose any of the available enhancements (e.g. SRS) then play some music via Zune. Press the Search hardware key and the sound quality changes. It is more apparent when using headphones or a stereo with Aux In.

its just switching the sound briefly to mono, I guess that's so u can do voice search or music search. it goes back to normal after a search query is made or when exiting search. this has been present since build 7661.

pm_mazur 08-27-2011 05:39 AM

Hey guys I have three issues to report. I've had my trophy for 3 weeks and I've been running mango beta 2 for 2 weeks and I actually came along three bugs.
1: when swipe to the right the quick draw letters weren't blue, they were black.
2: Came along an issue with removing Facebook account from the settings menu. Once attempted, the Facebook profile didn't sync properly. (I'm also sure that everyone knows the chat isn't working.. Or is it just me)?
3: when I reset the phone completely, I lost the quick draw letters completely from the app list.
Quick question.
I cab still restore my phone back to Nodo state even after reset right?