PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC 7 Trophy

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2011, 04:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03
Re: Mango Beta 2 Bug on HTC Trophy

man this seems complex lol

im getting a little mixed up, i have zune 4.7 i downloaded the download tool but itss saying zune must be installed on my computer but i already have zune 4.7 on my computer...

where are u getting zune 4.8 from???

the megaupload link u posted i downloaded that what are those files for

im lost someone needs to make a youtube video of this

EDIT: i downloaded the 64 bit version and it put windows phone tools on my desktop as a short cut icon what do i do from there? when i click it it says cut the phone off and hold the power button and the camera button at the same time to turn the phone on and it says restore on the screen

Last edited by deadwrong03; 07-17-2011 at 04:50 PM.
Old 07-17-2011, 05:47 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

here's a video,his computer system is in German tho but he's typing on notepad in English.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jujzQKueQ8M
Old 07-17-2011, 06:11 PM
VIP Member

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03

thanks for the video it just confused me a little more tho....the provision file that he has is backing up hhis phone in this video earlier u guys sent me to a link from xda that i downloaded to back up called windows phone 7 zune back up which one do i use

i dunno i dont think ima mess with it this shit is confusing the hell out of me i cant even get the back up working

Last edited by deadwrong03; 07-17-2011 at 06:25 PM.
Old 07-17-2011, 07:27 PM
Banned User

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP

u can use either but I'd reccomend both because the trophy doesn't have a ROM on xda. so if u were to make the same mistake that @DavidinCT made u wouldn't have a way back. backing up both ways ensures that u have a way back to NoDo come official release.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HD7, TROPHY
Carrier: T-Mobile, Verizon
Threadstarter

KRUX is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Correction: I originally wrote mms was broken; I failed to mention that you can send but cannot receive mms. That has been the reporting from a large amount of trophy users and is true for my wifes phone. trophy mango mms fix - Google Search=

That said, mango freaking rocks!
Old 07-24-2011, 02:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRUX View Post
Correction: I originally wrote mms was broken; I failed to mention that you can send but cannot receive mms. That has been the reporting from a large amount of trophy users and is true for my wifes phone. trophy mango mms fix - Google Search=

That said, mango freaking rocks!
Ah, so no fix...Well fixed internaly in Microsoft but, they will not be releasing a patch (mango is soon going to be released to OEMS soon, so it might be final soon). Unless you found something ?

I agree, Mango rocks, even better unlocked with no app limits

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !
Old 08-04-2011, 09:20 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Thropy Vodafone
Carrier: Vodafone

Urbannature is a n00b

I have a HTC Trophy Vodafone branded with Mango (7.107712.60). I can receive and send mms.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 CDMA :(
Carrier: Sprint

afripino is becoming a great contributor

Found out that HTC Sound Enhancer stops working on the Search app (when pressing the Search hardware key). To recreate this issue, enable Sound Enhancer and choose any of the available enhancements (e.g. SRS) then play some music via Zune. Press the Search hardware key and the sound quality changes. It is more apparent when using headphones or a stereo with Aux In.
Old 08-04-2011, 02:40 PM
N00b

jaeskill is becoming a great contributor

Finally took the risk and updated to the beta after realizing that VZW will probably drag their feet releasing the update. Its not as complicated as people make it sound... I spent 85% of the time just staring at my cord making sure it didn't spontaneously combust for an hour or so last night.

I found this procedure to be the most straight forward and automated:

How to Update Any Windows Phone 7 To Mango Beta 2 (Video)

Watch the vid once but it is not neccessary to follow along with your install. Download all files and follow the directions in the readme.txt in the mangoforall archive. While you are downloading the zune software in step 4, begin the backup of your phone (do not update zune before you create your backup or you will get an error). Make a COPY of your backup (so you have two) and move it to a place where it will not get overwritten. After the backup is created, zune will fire up and look for an update (forever). Close the window, install the new version of zune that you just downloaded, then follow the directions in the zune program for the two updates.

Its simple, my phone it noticably faster, and the only "bug" that I have come across is the transparent wallpaper error. Hope this helped somebody.
Old 08-04-2011, 10:47 PM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by afripino View Post
Found out that HTC Sound Enhancer stops working on the Search app (when pressing the Search hardware key). To recreate this issue, enable Sound Enhancer and choose any of the available enhancements (e.g. SRS) then play some music via Zune. Press the Search hardware key and the sound quality changes. It is more apparent when using headphones or a stereo with Aux In.
its just switching the sound briefly to mono, I guess that's so u can do voice search or music search. it goes back to normal after a search query is made or when exiting search. this has been present since build 7661.

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC 7 Trophy