PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC 7 Trophy (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=309)
-   -   Can you tether with the Trophy (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=144930)

boe 06-24-2011 11:43 AM

Can you tether with the Trophy

One of the best features of my old WM 6.5 phone is the ability to tether. Anyone get it working on the the Trophy yet?

eric12341 06-24-2011 03:18 PM

Re: Can you tether with the Trophy

the chevron team is about to release an unlock tool for a small fee and im sure the ability to tether will come with that.

DavidinCT 06-25-2011 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2119448)
the chevron team is about to release an unlock tool for a small fee and im sure the ability to tether will come with that.

Eric,

Not to question your facts but, there has been no tethering app for Windows Phone 7 (besides for a LG and very few HTC but, a major process to get it to work) , where did you see this info ?

I want this too but, didn't think we would even see a hit of it till mango is here...

eric12341 06-25-2011 04:41 PM

on wpcentral and wmpoweruser

darren.wlsn1 06-28-2011 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2119448)

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2120101)
on wpcentral and wmpoweruser

mind posting links to both of these posts?

PPCFreak 07-05-2011 10:00 PM

it was my understanding that tethering was not possible till mango....been watching both Engadget and WMpowerusers and do not recall any posts showing that Tethering was available in pre-Mango flavors of WP7....on any device officially and even the unoffical routes are not very easy to do.

darren.wlsn1 07-05-2011 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PPCFreak (Post 2124549)
it was my understanding that tethering was not possible till mango....been watching both Engadget and WMpowerusers and do not recall any posts showing that Tethering was available in pre-Mango flavors of WP7....on any device officially and even the unoffical routes are not very easy to do.

ya thats why i wanted eric to post links to "his" info... none yet posted though.

DavidinCT 07-06-2011 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 2124559)
ya thats why i wanted eric to post links to "his" info... none yet posted though.

Yea, wondering the same thing....I could never find anything

eric12341 07-06-2011 02:40 PM

I was talking about the unofficial routes.

DavidinCT 07-06-2011 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2124863)
I was talking about the unofficial routes.

That's fine, give links to the unofficial routes :)

I'm waiting for GeoTrust to get my app, so I can get my phone unlocked anyway....

darren.wlsn1 07-06-2011 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidinCT (Post 2124920)
That's fine, give links to the unofficial routes :)

I'm waiting for GeoTrust to get my app, so I can get my phone unlocked anyway....

lol, ya beat me to it. no offense eric i am a turd hunter and i cant find this info.

eric12341 07-06-2011 05:42 PM

sure here

and here's another way click I found both using the Bing search on my arrive.

DavidinCT 07-06-2011 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2124930)
sure here

and here's another way click I found both using the Bing search on my arrive.

I saw that a while ago. I thought there was a new hack. A lot of steps to just tether.....and it does not work with mango :(

I guess, just sliding a switch like it was in 6.5 is not going to happen any time soon.

Eric, have you tried it ?

eric12341 07-11-2011 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidinCT (Post 2124940)
I saw that a while ago. I thought there was a new hack. A lot of steps to just tether.....and it does not work with mango :(

I guess, just sliding a switch like it was in 6.5 is not going to happen any time soon.

Eric, have you tried it ?

nope haven't been able to because the power in my area keeps getting knocked out. 3rd time within 3 weeks

WMFan85 07-22-2011 10:13 PM

Has anyone tried this? I am having troubles. I had no problem unlocking my phone and getting DFRouter on the phone. I downloaded an installed HTC Sync and I also downloaded the drivers just in case. I followed the directions to the letter, but I'm having problems with the drivers.

If you follow the pocketnow instructions, it says if you have installed HTC sync you can skip to step 10 which says "Connect device to PC, open HTC USB Modem and select Advance Label"

Where am I supposed to be finding this HTC modem?? I looked everywhere and can't find it. I looked under my devices and printers and I found HTC Diagnostic Interface (COM5). But no HTC Modem.

So I had no luck there so I thought I would try it the other way. I uninstalled HTC sync and the drivers that came with it. I plug in the device and select HTC modem, but it keeps says that HTC Diagonostic Interface in the Device Manager. I tried changing the driver to the USB modem that I downloaded, but it said that the driver was not for that.

So for now I am at a stand still and I'm really hoping to get this going soon so I can work when I am on vacation. Otherwise I'll have to reactivate my 6.5 phone and I really am not wanting to do that.

Has anyone else tried anything? Thanks for help in advance!

WMFan85 11-03-2011 10:51 PM

I'm going to bring this back to life again. Anyone think there is a way to do this? I really need to tether for work and I don't want to activate a windows mobile phone everyday that I need to tether.

Do you think this will be possible?

pm_mazur 11-07-2011 01:43 AM

A few more days and the ChevronWP team will have the unlock up and running again and after that devs like some of us here will get their hands dirty with apps. Ugh can't wait! I'm sure that someone will create a tether app.

wmathein 12-19-2011 05:10 AM

Mango?

eric12341 12-19-2011 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wmathein (Post 2160944)
Mango?

yes mango supports tethering but the carrier has to enable it.

partiallypro 12-21-2011 10:13 PM

So, I just ordered a Trophy under the assumption that I could tether it without Verizon capping me and charging me outrageously (I'd gladly pay to tether if they coupled the data plans instead of splitting them in two.) So does anyone have a hack to get this done? ChevronWP is officially supported by Microsoft now...so it would seem that a hack would be quite simple and widely available, but I can't find one that is confirmed to work with the Trophy.

DavidinCT 12-24-2011 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by partiallypro (Post 2161286)
So, I just ordered a Trophy under the assumption that I could tether it without Verizon capping me and charging me outrageously (I'd gladly pay to tether if they coupled the data plans instead of splitting them in two.) So does anyone have a hack to get this done? ChevronWP is officially supported by Microsoft now...so it would seem that a hack would be quite simple and widely available, but I can't find one that is confirmed to work with the Trophy.

Nothing as of right now that works. We are waiting for custom verizon roms that will enable this feature but, nothing as of yet.

Personally, I think Verizon will have a better WP7 device before they come out with a Tether hack :(

Dr.8820 12-24-2011 12:39 PM

Wirelessly posted (ACS WP7 Guide Mango'd: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/5.0; XBLWP7; ZuneWP7))

Big Red is blocking ALL tethering...

partiallypro 12-25-2011 10:33 PM

I think it's a matter of time before they'll have to allow tethering to be "free" and included on your data plan for the phone itself, I also bet they'll go back to the unlimited eventually...that could be years but it's a stupid business model. If Verizon keeps being a nickel and dime company I'm going to switch to Sprint. They have uTorrent apps for smart phones...and they block tethering? Give me a break, they only get away with it because the older demo doesn't know better.

Anyhow tethering still works on some older phones for Verizon...for now I just keep switching back and forth, a bit annoying since I absolutely love WP7, but with the Trophy hooked up to my computer via USB I don't miss anything [except texts which go to the old phone] (it uses USB for internet when you hook it up.) Really surprised there is no working model now that WPChevron is officially Microsoft licensed. I bought a jailbreak key myself.

boldt 01-31-2012 12:27 PM

I just ordered a Trophy (Verizon) thinking that I can tether, but I am confused after all of the reading, is tethering still possible after all of the current updates?
thanks for any info...

DavidinCT 02-04-2012 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boldt (Post 2166572)
I just ordered a Trophy (Verizon) thinking that I can tether, but I am confused after all of the reading, is tethering still possible after all of the current updates?
thanks for any info...

I replied to your other thread. Not sure where you read the Verizon Trophy can tether, it's not possable.

The GSM (overseas) version of the Trophy (GSM only, will not work on verizon) does offer thethering after the update on some carriers.

I have the Verizon Trophy and I can tell you 100% it is not possable to tether wirelessly on the trophy. There was one way you could do it via USB but, it was a 10 step process and I do not believe it was compatable with our phone.

WMFan85 04-02-2012 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidinCT (Post 2167147)
I replied to your other thread. Not sure where you read the Verizon Trophy can tether, it's not possable.

The GSM (overseas) version of the Trophy (GSM only, will not work on verizon) does offer thethering after the update on some carriers.

I have the Verizon Trophy and I can tell you 100% it is not possable to tether wirelessly on the trophy. There was one way you could do it via USB but, it was a 10 step process and I do not believe it was compatable with our phone.

I tried the 10 step process when I had NoDo and it did not work. I hope that we can get tethering, but I'm not holding my breath. I bring my LG Fathom with me if I need to tether.