PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC 7 Trophy

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2011, 12:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT
Re: Can you tether with the Trophy

Quote:
Originally Posted by partiallypro View Post
So, I just ordered a Trophy under the assumption that I could tether it without Verizon capping me and charging me outrageously (I'd gladly pay to tether if they coupled the data plans instead of splitting them in two.) So does anyone have a hack to get this done? ChevronWP is officially supported by Microsoft now...so it would seem that a hack would be quite simple and widely available, but I can't find one that is confirmed to work with the Trophy.
Nothing as of right now that works. We are waiting for custom verizon roms that will enable this feature but, nothing as of yet.

Personally, I think Verizon will have a better WP7 device before they come out with a Tether hack

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !
Old 12-24-2011, 12:39 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (ACS WP7 Guide Mango'd: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/5.0; XBLWP7; ZuneWP7))

Big Red is blocking ALL tethering...
Old 12-25-2011, 10:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia

partiallypro is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I think it's a matter of time before they'll have to allow tethering to be "free" and included on your data plan for the phone itself, I also bet they'll go back to the unlimited eventually...that could be years but it's a stupid business model. If Verizon keeps being a nickel and dime company I'm going to switch to Sprint. They have uTorrent apps for smart phones...and they block tethering? Give me a break, they only get away with it because the older demo doesn't know better.

Anyhow tethering still works on some older phones for Verizon...for now I just keep switching back and forth, a bit annoying since I absolutely love WP7, but with the Trophy hooked up to my computer via USB I don't miss anything [except texts which go to the old phone] (it uses USB for internet when you hook it up.) Really surprised there is no working model now that WPChevron is officially Microsoft licensed. I bought a jailbreak key myself.

Last edited by partiallypro; 12-25-2011 at 10:37 PM.
Old 01-31-2012, 12:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Trophy

boldt is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I just ordered a Trophy (Verizon) thinking that I can tether, but I am confused after all of the reading, is tethering still possible after all of the current updates?
thanks for any info...
Old 02-04-2012, 09:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by boldt View Post
I just ordered a Trophy (Verizon) thinking that I can tether, but I am confused after all of the reading, is tethering still possible after all of the current updates?
thanks for any info...
I replied to your other thread. Not sure where you read the Verizon Trophy can tether, it's not possable.

The GSM (overseas) version of the Trophy (GSM only, will not work on verizon) does offer thethering after the update on some carriers.

I have the Verizon Trophy and I can tell you 100% it is not possable to tether wirelessly on the trophy. There was one way you could do it via USB but, it was a 10 step process and I do not believe it was compatable with our phone.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LG Fathom--> HTC Trophy

WMFan85 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
I replied to your other thread. Not sure where you read the Verizon Trophy can tether, it's not possable.

The GSM (overseas) version of the Trophy (GSM only, will not work on verizon) does offer thethering after the update on some carriers.

I have the Verizon Trophy and I can tell you 100% it is not possable to tether wirelessly on the trophy. There was one way you could do it via USB but, it was a 10 step process and I do not believe it was compatable with our phone.
I tried the 10 step process when I had NoDo and it did not work. I hope that we can get tethering, but I'm not holding my breath. I bring my LG Fathom with me if I need to tether.

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC 7 Trophy